News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham City

Started by Nayrman, August 05, 2010, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

So the title and vague release date have been confirmed. Batman: Arkham City will be out late next year, and if the cover is anything to go by, it's going to be awesome. So basically there's a massive prison inside the city where everyone is now. So basically I think it's just going to be a bigger overworld with a better city background. But hey, can't really complain. And at least Catwoman is in it now.

Cornwad

That certainly does look awesome. Is that bad Catwoman or sometimes good Catwoman?

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on August 05, 2010, 03:04:00 PM
That certainly does look awesome. Is that bad Catwoman or sometimes good Catwoman?

Based on what the plot has been revealed so far, I'm betting Catwoman is there to help you from time to time, maybe some co-op action, challenge rooms, etc.

SkyMyl

Oh God, Catwoman. Why have I been turned away from this.

Cornwad

Quote from: SkyMyl on August 05, 2010, 03:48:17 PM
Oh God, Catwoman. Why have I been turned away from this.
She was pretty much guaranteed to be in before they even announced a sequel. Next you'll be surprised to see the Penguin or Two-Face.

Macawmoses

Part of why Asylum worked was because characters that weren't mainstream fodder got the chance to shine. Seeing Croc and Scarecrow over the movie regulars, like Freeze and Penguin, was appreciated. In fact, I was hoping, and still am, that due to his appearance (and disappearance) in the morgue, Ra's al Ghul will lay the smackdown this time around.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mace on August 05, 2010, 06:12:21 PM
Part of why Asylum worked was because characters that weren't mainstream fodder got the chance to shine. Seeing Croc and Scarecrow over the movie regulars, like Freeze and Penguin, was appreciated. In fact, I was hoping, and still am, that due to his appearance (and disappearance) in the morgue, Ra's al Ghul will lay the smackdown this time around.

Killer Croc has always been one-shot at best. I'd much rather have a bigger name than his dumb mug. As far as the under-appreciated villains go, Clayface needs some time to shine at some point.

Also, considering Talia al-Ghul has been confirmed, Ra's al-Ghul is sure to have SOME kind of plot presence...considering outside the comics Talia only shows up when Ras is involved.

Cornwad

Clayface was such a tease in AA. He would have been so much fun to fight and he was right there, but you couldn't fight him.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Nayrman on August 05, 2010, 06:47:11 PM
Killer Croc has always been one-shot at best. I'd much rather have a bigger name than his dumb mug. As far as the under-appreciated villains go, Clayface needs some time to shine at some point.

Also, considering Talia al-Ghul has been confirmed, Ra's al-Ghul is sure to have SOME kind of plot presence...considering outside the comics Talia only shows up when Ras is involved.
I don't disagree that Croc's time to shine is over with. I just don't want to see Two Face/Penguin/Freeze/etc beyond cameos. Let the real fans get some fan service, and let those new to the dark knight get a taste of everything else. I'm not really a DC fan at all, but I say the same with all of the Marvel adaptations (that's why I rate both Ultimate Alliances higher than most reviewers).

Cornwad

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111550p1.html
More Warden Sharp, Hugo Strange, harder Riddler puzzles, and you start out with all of the first game's weapons. YEAH

Also- http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111471p1.html

Nayrman

So Paul Dinni had this all planned out. Smart Alek.

Neerb

Joker, Two-Face, Hugo Strange, and Catwoman are all confirmed to have large roles; Riddler, Talia Al Ghul and Mr. Freeze are confirmed; Penguin was hinted by the trailer; the endings of Arkham Asylum could imply Killer Croc, Bane, and Scarecrow. Seems fine to me. I mean, I get that people would like smaller villains to make appearances, but this isn't Fanservice 'R Us, this is ARKHAM FREAKING CITY; Batman's more popular villains are more popular for a reason, and while I'd love Firefly and Hush as much as the next guy, Batman's big bads need their chance to shine in the video game world, too.

Now, what I would REALLY like for this game is a 2-player co-op option for the Challenge Rooms, preferably with Robin as playable (don't believe the Adam West hype, ye of little faith; Robin can actually be crazy awesome when he wants to be, and the costume has come in a lot cooler and darker variations than the Burt Ward version). Granted, Robin probably won't see much if any light in Arkham City due to Catwoman's helping out, but if that's the case, then they could at least still give us our co-op challenges with Catwoman as playable; heck, there could even be some versus mode where Batman has to stop her from stealing something.

Cornwad

Wait, are you trying to suggest that the TV Robin isn't the best version of the character? That makes no sense. I don't expect to see Croc or Bane again.

Neerb

Nah, I prefer the Teen Titans cartoon version, with his anime powers and his spikey-haired angst and his magic elongating staff and his birdaraang sword that appeared for one second of the entire series.

But not Chris O'Donnell. DIE, CHRIS O'DONNELL!!!

Relichris

Nightwing is also confirmed.  :U