News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Favorite Mario Sport?

Started by JrDude, August 21, 2010, 03:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

The Mario series, it has taken the world of manly sports and changed it up a lot to make it different and have people face more challenges than usual. If playing multiplayer, you can change the rules a bit and play only the normal way. Most like to play the new Mario way though, with special fiery hits from Mario and bullet bills with Bowser and bad Waluigi puns with Waluigi, and using items to make you go faster or to burn the ass of those who are going to interfere.
Personally, I think the Mario series has made most sports games more fun with all of it's weird additions.

Anyway, there have been many sports Mario has recreated, while it still has the same basic rules of the game it's taken from, it has a bunch of twists. Which Mario sport game/game series do you like the most?
(Party is not a sport, and none of the sports from the party games count [ex:volley ball])

Also, as a little bonus topic withing the topic, because it just came to mind, do you think the Ztar should come back somehow? (Ztar being a black bad star, if I'm not mistaken, it's only been in Mario Party games)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Eizweir

Tennis.  I played the poop out Mario Tennis: Power Tour until I just couldn't anymore.  I felt I was so beast at that game, and I've always been waiting for a next gen Mario Tennis, but no luck there.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

JrDude

Oh I guess I'll post mine.

I think mine has to be Sluggers/Baseball. I like the ability to use that wide range of characters, and the wide range makes me want even more. I like the special catches, the weird "attack the ball to quick pass so you can have an even QUICKER pass" and a bunch of other crap. It's also cool how everyone has a special bat, some don't even use a bat, and the Hammer Bro character basically gets 3 different bats (Hammer/Boomerang/Fiery looking bat). I also like the chemistry system, darn I could go on and on and on with what I like about that game. One more thing I'll mention is the adventure thingy in Super Sluggers, for a game that isn't an adventure based game, it has a really fun adventure mode thingy, I don't remember it much at all, but I remember it being one the best, if not THE best, non-adventure based game's adventure mode ever, if that even made sense (if it doesn't make sense, I think you get the gist, no?)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

Quote from: JrDude φ on August 21, 2010, 04:30:39 PM
Oh I guess I'll post mine.

I think mine has to be Sluggers/Baseball. I like the ability to use that wide range of characters, and the wide range makes me want even more. I like the special catches, the weird "attack the ball to quick pass so you can have an even QUICKER pass" and a bunch of other crap. It's also cool how everyone has a special bat, some don't even use a bat, and the Hammer Bro character basically gets 3 different bats (Hammer/Boomerang/Fiery looking bat). I also like the chemistry system, darn I could go on and on and on with what I like about that game. One more thing I'll mention is the adventure thingy in Super Sluggers, for a game that isn't an adventure based game, it has a really fun adventure mode thingy, I don't remember it much at all, but I remember it being one the best, if not THE best, non-adventure based game's adventure mode ever, if that even made sense (if it doesn't make sense, I think you get the gist, no?)
This.

The game was, quite frankly, very VERY fun.

I remember how my best batter was always Wario, my best catcher was always Yoshi, my best runner was (for some reason) Toadsworth, and my best pitcher was always Dixie Kong.