News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

E3 2011 - June 7th

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 01, 2011, 10:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

...̅̅̅

Tupin

Lego City Stories? When are they going to show the actual system?

Darksiders II
Batman Arkham City

Awesome. System seems to be powerful.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Tupin

Decent conference. We got Luigi's Mansion 2 and WiiU, but no first-party WiiU games and no view of the actual system. I think they still have stuff to announce.

I think the Wii Vitality Sensor is dead. See, Nintendo DOES listen to people. It's the same reason why there's no Nintendo Playstation.

Nayrman

Nintendo, that was REALLY weak. Only one true announcement and that is Luigi's Mansion 2. Sure, I'm loving the 3DS offerings now that we finally get to see them in motion (Mario Kart, Mario 3D, etc.) but we knew about those. And sorry, after the Wii I am not confident at all in the "WiiU" (stupid name btw). You said it has HD, except you didn't show any real game footage. Oh, it gets a few core games, uhm....yay? So, Batman Arkham City will be on it, but it'll be out THIS year for 360 and PS3, so what's the point? Also, I think the fact they didn't show even a single screenshot of a game they were working on is VERY telling. Not liking it, and VERY skeptical. Finally, Smash Bros. for the 3DS and WiiU? Yes please! Oh, you're not going to show any of it. Just that Sakurai will make it. Erm....ok. So, probably not for at least another two years or so. Nintendo, don't tease us with games we know are gonna come out but not show any of it.

Overall, very weak. No Zelda 25th game, no really big 3DS announcements besides one game, nothing on WiiU other than the controller and HD (which we knew already). Honestly, could've been much better. Liking the 3DS stuff for this year, but still, I feel let down.

Tupin

I thought they were going to push the 3DS more. Lame that there are no real games for the WiiU at E3, even the Wii had actual game demos.

I was REALLY surprised they didn't announce more than one new 3DS game, and even more surprised that they showed no trailer for the new Smash Brothers games.

I really like the idea of being able to play a console without a TV. Oh, and there's a console too, Nintendo just didn't feature it because it looks bland:

http://kotaku.com/5809482/the-is-the-first-picture-of-nintendos-new-console-the-wii-u

SkyMyl

They did what they had to do, but they could've done more with another half hour. They gave the 3DS some more support (Luigi's Mansion 2), but spent too much time on the new controller for their new console. It's like they didn't want to show off the new console itself, for some reason...and they did tease a whole bunch of stuff, yes.

But hey, at the very least it was better than Microsoft's conference.

Nayrman

The new console looks like an Xbox 360. o_O

Tupin

At least it is HD. Nintendo finally realized Western developers don't want to waste their time with anything less than the standard.

Amazing how most of the rumors turned out to be true, huh?

Nayrman

Nintendo couldn't have gotten away with NOT doing HD. Even if they wanted to, they'd be forced by the growth of technology.

Also, rewatching the video for the 3rd party games, and the intro sounds a lot like an F-Zero track. I'm disappoint.

Tupin

I almost get the feeling they weren't ready to show it. Maybe they should have waited until GDC, but then their conference would have been even weaker.

No F-Zero or Pikmin? Maybe at GDC.

Nayrman

Perhaps the leak forced their hand. Yeah, they looked almost off guard when talking about it. Reggie is trying to avoid giving any details at all in the G4 interview. All we've gotten is that it'll be 1080p, which again, duh, it's HD. No confusion there.

SkyMyl

Tupin

Awesome, it can have an external drive.

Apparently the circle pads aren't like the 3DS ones, they are like the Nunchuks on Wii.

DededeCloneChris

Nintendo Conference was the best out of all the other ones IMO. At least we can say their games targeted many different genres instead of just one.

Nayrman

At least it can finally have a hard drive. All i can say is that it better have SOME decent memory out of the box though. Seriously, memory is insanely cheap these days. It's like the HD, Nintendo really can't afford not to put something in there.

I still want to see what their online plan is for the system though....among MANY other things.