News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Megaman Legends 3 Demo Version

Started by DededeCloneChris, April 30, 2011, 03:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Capcom had announced a few days ago that ML3 would be given a downloadable demo at the 3DS shop channel. However, the difference with this demo from others is that it costs around 2 dollars to see if people are interested in buying the whole game.

From Wired:

According to Capcom, Prototype Version will include a number of stages as well as a debug menu, allowing players to "see a game still early in the development process." You'll also get to test out one of the game's new protagonists, a "sky biker" named Barrett, and play around with some levels that aren't quite finished yet.

The Japanese version of the game will cost 200 yen or roughly $2, so we can expect the U.S. version to be priced around there. Someone more cynical might question why Capcom is asking gamers to pay for what's essentially a glorified demo, but I am filled with optimism and rainbows, so I think this is a neat idea.

So, discuss?

Neerb

PAY for a demo? Bull.

*actually reads post*

Hm... multiple stages and playable characters? That MIGHT be worth two dollars; it's basically a beta test.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on April 30, 2011, 06:25:48 PM
PAY for a demo? Bull.

*actually reads post*

Hm... multiple stages and playable characters? That MIGHT be worth two dollars; it's basically a beta test.
Sounds fair to me to include more stuff in a demo in case you're not satisfied with just one stage.

Cornwad

I really like this idea. Everyone buy this or Legends 3 won't exist. And I'm playing through Legends 1 for the first time now, so don't ruin it for me. It's actually a pretty good deal as far as I can tell, I hope more things like this pop up.

X-3

I can't say I like the idea of paying for something like this. Hearing 'this game will gauge interest for L3' makes me chuckle.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: X-3 on May 01, 2011, 06:51:03 PM
I can't say I like the idea of paying for something like this. Hearing 'this game will gauge interest for L3' makes me chuckle.
Consider this. This will keep the company running. We do not want to suffer another company leaving us for a long time. You know what happened to Bandai Namco Games? You expected Tales of Vesperia PS3? >:( No export for us! NISA sells a lot of merchandise that helps its games to be published over here. Bandai Namco Games did it the hard way and lost.

Capcom is thinking right with this decision. It makes you wonder how Sega is still up and running (no pun intended).

X-3

Yeah, I can't see it that way. Capcom is doing quite fine and L3 will probably release regardless of how well 'Prototype' does. This is just a ploy for more money and if people just eat it up it sets a bad precedent.

I guess I'm kinda overreacting. Either way, I'm not interested in buying this, regardless of how cheap it is.

edit: god I'm so bitter and crazy this is cheap and has 10 missions

Magnum

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on May 01, 2011, 06:57:05 PM
Consider this. This will keep the company running. We do not want to suffer another company leaving us for a long time. You know what happened to Bandai Namco Games? You expected Tales of Vesperia PS3?.
Why must you make me so sad?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

DededeCloneChris

Cornwad

Quote from: X-3 on May 01, 2011, 07:21:01 PM
Yeah, I can't see it that way. Capcom is doing quite fine and L3 will probably release regardless of how well 'Prototype' does. This is just a ploy for more money and if people just eat it up it sets a bad precedent.

I guess I'm kinda overreacting. Either way, I'm not interested in buying this, regardless of how cheap it is.
I think L3 was all-but-cancelled a few weeks back. It's only just hanging on in development because of the devoted fan interest. Capcom is doing fine, but that doesn't mean they're going to release a game that they don't think will sell.