News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Hello everyone.

Started by GeekyLink, January 27, 2008, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeekyLink

Hello, I'm GeekyLink, formally known on Nsider as... GeekyLink. LOL I highly doubt anyone will remember me as I was just a paratroopa that normally hung out on the LOZ board. If anyone does remember me though, shoot me a message, or PM. I'd love to hear from you!

I guess to provide some information about me, I'm a programmer. I have been programming for over three years now. My experience ranges from C/C++ to PHP, and I enjoy programming the DS a lot. Yes, I admit to being a homebrew programmer, it is a blast :P My favorite game series is the Legend of Zelda, although my girlfriend has been kind of getting me interested in Metroid.  I enjoy a large variety of music, but my favorite kind is Alternative despite some of the comments I get from people for saying that.

I'm not sure if this is ok, if not just let me know :P But I recently placed 2nd place in the "Third Annual Christmas Game Coding Competition" with a DS game I programmed, if you are interested you can see my entry here. (part I was unsure about, it isn't my site though). Obviously 2nd place with the "submitted by GeekyLink". LOL

I'm pretty easy to get along with, at least I hope so! I'll probably revert to my natural instincts of going to the LOZ board, but who knows. Other then that I don't know what else to say in my intro.  Well, I hope to see you guys around ;)

GeekyLink

^ Website that I programmed ^

Macawmoses

That forum in your sig; owned by Computers?

Anyways, you sound like quite the guy, good at coding, long thought out posts, and are helpful! Excellent!

Welcome aboard!

~MoM~

GeekyLink

Aw, yes. The site is owned by Computers. My best friend Graham1 knew him pretty well, so Computers practically donated us the site. LOL

Unfortunately, Computers recently fell ill to pneumonia and I haven't heard from him since...

Well, thank you for the warm welcome. :P

Zovistograt

heh, congrats on that.

...I kinda want to play this game though:

so do you need an M3 to play these?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Sports1

Welcome, you seem like a guy we will need! :)

Enjoy your stay!

GeekyLink

Thank you two. :P

Quote from: Zovistograt on January 27, 2008, 09:14:28 AM
heh, congrats on that.

*removed image*

Well there are tons of ways to play them. You can use a: M3, R4DS, and there is a new one cycloDS evolution.  Also there is all of the older models that used a passme or nopass to point to the gba slot.  Depending on what you want though a M3 or R4 should be more than enough.

Though, I'm assuming that you are joking, but if not that game that you pointed out isn't that good. It was actually a test upload by the site; all you do is press 'A' to jump and then blow on the mic at a certain time and it wil carry the character off the screen to the next level. Which is the same. LOL

Zovistograt

Quote from: GeekyLink on January 27, 2008, 12:12:11 PM
Thank you two. :P

Quote from: Zovistograt on January 27, 2008, 09:14:28 AM
heh, congrats on that.

*removed image*

Well there are tons of ways to play them. You can use a: M3, R4DS, and there is a new one cycloDS evolution.  Also there is all of the older models that used a passme or nopass to point to the gba slot.  Depending on what you want though a M3 or R4 should be more than enough.

Though, I'm assuming that you are joking, but if not that game that you pointed out isn't that good. It was actually a test upload by the site; all you do is press 'A' to jump and then blow on the mic at a certain time and it wil carry the character off the screen to the next level. Which is the same. LOL
I was hoping for a sidescroller version of ROFLcopter.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)