1 (8.3%)
Friend owned one
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Theipaz

Why do you think it failed?
Dying is easy, Living is the hard part.

darkmario

I heard it gave some serious eye-sores/seizures.

Mystic

Zero

It made your eyes hurt after a while. That and how it was physically designed prevented you from playing for more than fifteen minutes at a time. There were no multiplayer games ever published to my knowledge to boot and half of the games that looked like they would have been worth a poop were canned because apparently the system was difficult to develop for.

It didn't even sell 1,000,000 units worldwide, and for good reason. Basically, it was a product that was too far ahead of its time in an era that didn't have the audience or resources for true 3D technology. The premise of the device was great, it was the execution that was the problem. Gunpei didn't have the tech to realize his idea.

Macawmoses

My biggest issue is that it wasn't that portable. It really wasn't like a gameboy, and, as such, failed to win that appeal. Then, we have its games - Mario Clash is actually a decent game, but critical reception was piss poor. That's what killed the VB.

Quote from: Mace on May 01, 2010, 07:03:29 PM
My biggest issue is that it wasn't that portable. It really wasn't like a gameboy, and, as such, failed to win that appeal. Then, we have its games - Mario Clash is actually a decent game, but critical reception was piss poor. That's what killed the VB.
3D Tetris was also fun and those were the only two games I had for this.
I still have mine in my closet or in storage somewhere unless one of my sisters stole it. I never remember having any real problems with it other than getting into a comfortable position to use it sometimes.

Also bumping 'cause still on first page and i don't care.
...̅̅̅

Custom

ah my intercourse ing eyes this thing was awesome

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

From what I've heard....

fixed height made it impossible to play without bending over funny
Impossible to play while wearing eyeglasses, so those nearsighted people were screwed.
Just plan hurt your eyes staring into the thing.

Invented WAY too early, and as such was an unsafe jump over a gap, that didn't make it to the other side. Metaphorically speaking.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

The only comfortable way to play it is to lay on your stomach and look into it. Portable? Right....

It also breaks really easily.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.