News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney!

Started by Neerb, October 19, 2010, 10:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

Quote from: Tupin on October 19, 2010, 08:14:47 PM
Huh. I need to start playing both of these games. I have the first Professor Layton, but no Phoenix Wright. I guess I'll just get the newest one.
Yeah, that explains my situation as well. I like crossovers though, so I'll probably check it out.

Kaz

Quote from: Marisa on October 21, 2010, 01:41:22 PM
I really hope this isn't going to be a Japan exclusive.

Capcom announced that, at this time, this being a Japan exclusive is their plan. Doesn't mean we won't get a release here eventually, but right now it's kinda unlikely.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Nayrman

Quote from: Kaz on October 22, 2010, 02:16:08 PM
Capcom announced that, at this time, this being a Japan exclusive is their plan. Doesn't mean we won't get a release here eventually, but right now it's kinda unlikely.

Last I checked both series were pretty popular here as well.... I hate it when companies do this...

Dog Food

Quote from: Tupin on October 19, 2010, 08:14:47 PM
Huh. I need to start playing both of these games. I have the first Professor Layton, but no Phoenix Wright. I guess I'll just get the newest one.
Get one of the first three (Ace Attorney, Justice for All, or Trials and Tribulations, since they all star Phoenix Wright). The newest one only has a cameo of him in the background in a rowboat and he doesn't get any dialogue. And like someone else said, all the first three are on the Wii.

Also, why does it say I spelled dialogue wrong? I SPELLED IT RIGHT. Didn't I...?

Also, I want this. I now I have a reason to get the new DS.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Light

Quote from: Poet Laureate on October 22, 2010, 02:36:24 PM
Get one of the first three (Ace Attorney, Justice for All, or Trials and Tribulations, since they all star Phoenix Wright). The newest one only has a cameo of him in the background in a rowboat and he doesn't get any dialogue. And like someone else said, all the first three are on the Wii.

Also, why does it say I spelled dialogue wrong? I SPELLED IT RIGHT. Didn't I...?
Yeah, you spelled it right.

Also, FFFFFF- do want muchly. We need an American release.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Cornwad

If Tatsunoko vs Capcom can be released stateside, I think we can all expect this game to eventually come out over here.

Homewrecker

Quote from: Kaz on October 22, 2010, 02:16:08 PM
Phoenix Wright is a niche series, but Layton is actually pretty mainstream. It's made about ten million. I think they're saying it's Japan only to generate fan interest. They've said they'll release it outside Japan if enough fans tell them they want it. I'd say it's pretty much a given that they'll release it over here.

They've released other niche titles like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom stateside and announced Megaman Legends 3 recently, so I think it's even more likely that they'll bring other less popular titles over here like this.

FaWa

Quote from: KJ on October 22, 2010, 02:36:24 PM

Also, I want this. I now I have a reason to get the new DS.

Okay, now actually play the game you claim you know so much about. The boat thing was in a completely different game. Pheonix Wright has a gigantic part in Apollo Justice. (The 4th game)

But I'd still recommend one of the first 3.
Did NS2 die? lol

Dog Food

Quote from: FaWa on December 04, 2010, 10:04:07 AM
Okay, now actually play the game you claim you know so much about. The boat thing was in a completely different game. Pheonix Wright has a gigantic part in Apollo Justice. (The 4th game)

But I'd still recommend one of the first 3.
Did I ever claim to know a lot about it? I don't remember once saying that... Also, the boat thing is from the newest game in the series - Ace Attorney Investigations. I even stated in my post that I was talking about the newest game, not Apollo Justice. Read again. And, I don't remember saying he doesn't have a big part in Apollo Justice. I was just stating that he isn't the main character/playable (for the majority of the game, at least).

But putting words into other people's mouths is fun!
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Magnum

HOLD IT!

If anyone here should be getting poop, it's me! I've only played one level of Trial and Tribulation then got bored! I still respect the game for being over the top and funny!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Potestas

If this is going to be Japan exclusive I will personally play it in japanese. (wait, that doesn't sound very strong)

Oh well. Knew about this for a while and I am anticipating it greatly. Two awesome series together can only go well.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.