News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Hey um, what part of my hand is supposed to be hurting?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Pennington on March 23, 2012, 06:46:17 PM
Right pinky finger, because you won't find a good position if you're holding the system.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 23, 2012, 06:51:02 PM
Right pinky finger, because you won't find a good position if you're holding the system.
I might not have a good place to put it, but it sure as hell doesn't hurt me.

I don't see what all the gosh darn whining is about, really.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

I love Three-Headed Headraw.

Neerb

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 23, 2012, 06:51:02 PM

Eh, left ring and pinky were hurting more, though again, that's only because I wasn't using the stand at first.

Also, now that at least 3 of us have it, we need to Wi-Fi, and I mean soon. We could all be on Light and fight some nasty Dark cpus, or we could of course go free-for-all (haven't tried that one yet).

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on March 23, 2012, 07:54:34 PM
Eh, left ring and pinky were hurting more, though again, that's only because I wasn't using the stand at first.

Also, now that at least 3 of us have it, we need to Wi-Fi, and I mean soon. We could all be on Light and fight some nasty Dark cpus, or we could of course go free-for-all (haven't tried that one yet).
The stand is actually awesome. It makes the 3DS look professional...and a good tool when you want to write something on Swapnote.

But I want to get more used to ground fighting. Flight fighting is pretty easy to do, but I want to get used to the second one a little bit more.

Kayo

Still haven't tried the stand, yet I feel no pain.

Also, the game periodically suggests that you take a break from playing. The amount of time between starting the game and getting that message was not nearly enough time for ANYONE to be hurt by the controls unless they were doing something wrong. And that just cements a point I made earlier; the game is not forcing you to hurt yourself playing it. It suggests that you take a break after every hour(?) or so, where doing so enables the player to avoid any and all discomfort.

I find no great fault in the controls of Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I'll probably be using the stand a ton when I'm Swapnoting, though, as otherwise it's kind of awkward to try and draw on that little screen while holding it and make something come out exactly how I want it to.

Maybe I'll try out the stand on a desk or something, but the only environments I've played KIU so far in were my couch and my bed, neither of which really gave me a place for the stand to rest. Still no problem.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

The stand seems to be multipurpose. A normal DSi works perfectly.

zephilicious

Quote from: Pennington on March 23, 2012, 06:46:17 PM
the part thats not busy giving nintendo a handjob

this sounded more clever in my head but its 6am and im drunk
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 24, 2012, 03:40:26 AM

That doesn't seem any different than your typical posting.

Neerb

So...
Um...

I just beat the 9th mission, and Sakurai deserves awards. Like, a bunch of them. It may just be because of my thinking in retrospect, but... just... nobody post any details about the plot that hasn't been seen in trailers, in case someone else here intends to ever get it. I mean dang, I haven't been this interested in a Nintendo plot since Twilight Princess, and this is probably even better than that.

So, I'm totally used to the controls now, too, thanks to the stand. And the music is some of the best Nintendo has ever had; the Dark Pit and Thanatos levels in particular really hit me with their soundtracks. I'd say that out of the 5 3DS titles I have, this is the most interesting and the one I'd want to keep the most, as little as that may mean to some of you.

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on March 24, 2012, 03:40:26 AM

POTM

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 23, 2012, 09:33:28 PM
The stand seems to be multipurpose. A normal DSi works perfectly.
It's not fitted for anything. It's just a standing piece of plastic with grips to hold it in place. I'm sure you could stick a GBA SP on it.

And seriously, even when I kind of expected the controls to hurt a bit, they literally didn't bother me one bit. Must only be some people.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 24, 2012, 04:34:30 AM
That doesn't seem any different than your typical posting.
i do frequently post under those conditions
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: Pennington on March 24, 2012, 12:05:08 PM
And seriously, even when I kind of expected the controls to hurt a bit, they literally didn't bother me one bit. Must only be some people.

It's fantastic that you can enjoy the game without pain.

Mad props.

no one here believes you though