News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 25, 2012, 09:36:07 AM
Actually, with that big screen, touchscreen aiming would be pretty good. I've heard that the Wii U controller is very light, so holing it wouldn't be a big issue.

It works well enough, just sometimes it's hard to aim precisely on things far away. Maybe it's just my vision, or the screen is just too small to have things like this. Like I said, overall it works fine, just occasionally an issue pops up here and there, so it's not that big a deal.

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on March 25, 2012, 12:47:43 PM
Personally, I'd switch the shoulder buttons Nayr. Projectiles just feel right on the right shoulder button and melee feels decent enough on the left. I like that setup overall though.

I haven't played the game yet, but when I do, I'm hoping I get used to it quickly.

You know more or less what I mean. :P

Kayo

So I experienced discomfort in the slightest form for the first time today.

I woke up at 10 AM and played KIU straight until 4 PM, pretty much without stopping. Only then did I feel anything.

That's 6 hours, ignoring the game's several attempts to get me to take a break.

Pretty much any game would make some part of me hurt after 6 hours. So the only thing this proves is that this game is just THAT addicting.

In other words, the discomfort was only caused by my own choice to play the game for several hours nonstop, which you really aren't supposed to do anyway.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on March 25, 2012, 01:41:54 PM
You know more or less what I mean. :P

You're right, lol.

Quote from: Pennington on March 25, 2012, 01:48:58 PM
In other words, the discomfort was only caused by my own choice to play the game for several hours nonstop, which you really aren't supposed to do anyway.

We've all played games for hours on end though, so w/e

Neerb

Anyone wanna talk about the actual game instead of future controls or Kayo's pain tolerance?

For example: when are we gonna get some multiplayer on? I've played some online, and it's pretty fun so far, though I think Light vs Dark is better than Free-for-All.

Also, apparently the guy who voices Poseidon in this game is also the guy who voiced Poseidon in God of War. Typecast.

DededeCloneChris

Funnily enough, Pit is voiced by the guy who did Young Kratos from God of War.

Neerb

Well, this game does kinda turn into a cartoony God of War pretty early on. It gets totally intense, though; I don't think Nintendo has ever had a game with this intricate of a plot.

Kayo

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on March 25, 2012, 02:15:58 PM
We've all played games for hours on end though, so w/e

And we've all had discomfort in our hands after multi-hour gaming marathons. So yeah, "w/e"

This game is so addicting, I can literally replay each mission over and over again without growing tired of it. I'm loving the Thanatos mission too, since the boss battle is totally different every time.

There are far too many similarities with Brawl, though. Not necessarily a bad thing since Brawl was a great game, but really:

Nearly identical menu styles
The "Challenges" from brawl are back under some new name
The egg toss thing is like the coin toss for trophies, which is essentially what idols are.
9 major difficulty levels
And a bunch more stuff that sticks out to me while I'm playing but I can't think of it right now

But regardless, this is an awesome game.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Pennington on March 25, 2012, 05:59:50 PM
And we've all had discomfort in our hands after multi-hour gaming marathons. So yeah, "w/e"

This game is so addicting, I can literally replay each mission over and over again without growing tired of it. I'm loving the Thanatos mission too, since the boss battle is totally different every time.

There are far too many similarities with Brawl, though. Not necessarily a bad thing since Brawl was a great game, but really:

Nearly identical menu styles
The "Challenges" from brawl are back under some new name
The egg toss thing is like the coin toss for trophies, which is essentially what idols are.
9 major difficulty levels
And a bunch more stuff that sticks out to me while I'm playing but I can't think of it right now

But regardless, this is an awesome game.
It's a Sakurai thing, really. There's a lot drawn out from Kirby games that resemble previous things.

Nayrman

The smart bomb, while functioning like one in Star Fox, looks exactly like a Smash Ball.

Also, stage 5. Why hello there SNES star fox. I haven't played you in a while.

Kayo

I would have liked if, upon dying, I could choose whether or not to reduce my difficulty level by 1. Otherwise, it just makes it so much harder to actually complete a mission on the challenging level you want.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I like the idea of the difficulty setting if you didn't lose so many hearts for dying or whatever. Just one of those things where dying isn't really a consequence to begin with, you're just making us grind to an extent if we die. Beh. Oh well. I'm not doing well on the combining stuff. I want more powerful rapid fire things but I keep combining things, it gets "lol three shots then a short recharge slowness" sort of thing. @_@

Kayo

I'm not going too crazy with the weapons and stuff. I found a vastly improved First Blade while playing on a higher difficulty level early on, and I've been using it since I picked it up. I tried using other things, but I like this much better.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Claws and Blades are usually pretty rapid firing; I think Hedgehog Claws are the fastest firing in the game, but each hit does minuscule damage. Beam Claws are great too, as they basically fire a continuous laser. I personally prefer Blades to Claws due to the better range and more power per hit, in which case the blade that looks like a green lightsaber (can't remember the name right now) is pretty good for rapid fire.

Other rapid fire weapons can include certain (but not all) Palms, Orbitars, and Staffs, though all of those will sacrifice melee for you.

Outside of those, it's more rare to come by a truly rapid firing weapon, but I have found a couple. The Twinbellows Cannon is a pretty fast-firing cannon if you want power; the stream is so fast I sometimes just think of it as a flamethrower. There's also the Phosphora Bow, which is the fastest firing Bow I've found and is currently one of my favorite weapons, but you won't be able to make it until well into the game.

Kayo

Yeah, instead of trying to figure out all that, I'm just gonna stick with my improved First Blade, since it's very well-rounded and I've just gotten so used to it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Pennington on March 25, 2012, 06:36:09 PM
Yeah, instead of trying to figure out all that, I'm just gonna stick with my improved First Blade, since it's very well-rounded and I've just gotten so used to it.

Boooriiing.

I've been fusing and buying like crazy, collecting and making and trying out a bunch of different versions of a bunch of different weapons. That's part of the fun! And it helps you find the perfect weapon for you without stereotyping; for example, each weapon can perform so differently that you might hate all Arms, but then one Arm in particular becomes your absolute favorite weapon to use. It also makes multiplayer more interesting, using a variety of weapons against a variety of other weapons, not to mention the fact that you need to do certain things with certain weapons to get achievements (to unlock MORE weapons).

Soooo maaany weeeaaapons....