UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on March 25, 2012, 06:48:37 PM
Boooriiing.

I've been fusing and buying like crazy, collecting and making and trying out a bunch of different versions of a bunch of different weapons. That's part of the fun! And it helps you find the perfect weapon for you without stereotyping; for example, each weapon can perform so differently that you might hate all Arms, but then one Arm in particular becomes your absolute favorite weapon to use. It also makes multiplayer more interesting, using a variety of weapons against a variety of other weapons, not to mention the fact that you need to do certain things with certain weapons to get achievements (to unlock MORE weapons).

Soooo maaany weeeaaapons....
It may be boring, but like I said I've tried other things, but I've gotten SO USED to this that I just don't thin I'd do well without it.

Maybe once I cleared everything once I'll go back with other weapons and aim for higher difficulties. I usually start on 7-8ish but get knocked down to 5 from dying. :/
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Pennington on March 25, 2012, 06:57:20 PM
It may be boring, but like I said I've tried other things, but I've gotten SO USED to this that I just don't thin I'd do well without it.

Maybe once I cleared everything once I'll go back with other weapons and aim for higher difficulties. I usually start on 7-8ish but get knocked down to 5 from dying. :/

It's only gonna get worse from there; I've gotten to the point where I can start a level at 5 and get knocked down to 3...

Granted, it may just be because I suck, but I swear one boss in particular is the cheapest boss I've fought in a while.

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on March 25, 2012, 08:16:09 PM
It's only gonna get worse from there; I've gotten to the point where I can start a level at 5 and get knocked down to 3...

Granted, it may just be because I suck, but I swear one boss in particular is the cheapest boss I've fought in a while.
I got knocked from a 7.9 to a 2.9 on one mission. That was bad.

Then I played it a second time immediately after and finished on a 5.0. Experience helps a LOT.

Also, which boss was it? (Provided it was in the first 8 missions; I haven't gotten farther than that and don't really want spoilers.)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Pennington on March 25, 2012, 05:59:50 PM
And we've all had discomfort in our hands after multi-hour gaming marathons. So yeah, "w/e

If the control scheme is comfortable enough, a seasoned gamer doesn't experience discomfort or minor pain. I can't agree with you there. This is simply you yet again, desperately trying to defend any criticism. Even if the defense you present makes no sense, you do it. Tired of it. Glad to hear you enjoy the game though. I look forward to playing it.

Addictive is the proper word you're looking for btw, not "addicting". Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Kayo

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on March 25, 2012, 08:34:54 PM
If the control scheme is comfortable enough, a seasoned gamer doesn't experience discomfort or minor pain. I can't agree with you there. This is simply you yet again, desperately trying to defend any criticism. Even if the defense you present makes no sense, you do it. Tired of it. Glad to hear you enjoy the game though. I look forward to playing it.

Addictive is the proper word you're looking for btw, not "addicting". Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Yet again, some part of my body will hurt after playing a game for six hours straight. Especially one that involves any sort of movement (stylus, etc.).

Since it's no different with this game than any other game, I'm really not trying to "desperately defend criticism". I agree that the controls aren't stellar (due to hardware limitations), but when playing for a reasonable amount of time they're not the least bit painful. What's so hard to get about that?
[move][/move]

Zero

I understand what you're saying

It's that what you are saying is in direct contrast from what I've heard from anyone else and you embarked on a crusade to defend the criticisms the controls received.

Anyway, I keep hearing the flying-ish segments are the best parts of the game. You guys haven't really mentioned them much. How are they?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on March 26, 2012, 05:37:31 AM
Anyway, I keep hearing the flying-ish segments are the best parts of the game. You guys haven't really mentioned them much. How are they?
Wonderful. Amazing. Pretty. They're a miracle.

Kayo

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on March 26, 2012, 05:37:31 AM
I understand what you're saying

It's that what you are saying is in direct contrast from what I've heard from anyone else and you embarked on a crusade to defend the criticisms the controls received.

Did you ever think, for even one second, that the few people you've heard from don't represent the entire population of people who have purchased this game?

Also, some of the air scenes are borderline eye-gasmic. Seriously.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Pennington on March 26, 2012, 12:05:41 PM
Did you ever think, for even one second, that the few people you've heard from don't represent the entire population of people who have purchased this game?

so then, you do?
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on March 26, 2012, 01:42:07 PM
so then, you do?
Again, show me where I said "No one feels any bit of discomfort on this because I don't."

Seriously, you're intercourse ing stupid.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Everyone is stupid. Now shut up.

Kayo

I wonder if this is the series's final shot, or if it signifies a revival and we'll get more Icarus games in the somewhat-near future.
[move][/move]

Zero

Meh if it sells well we'll see

Kayo

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on March 26, 2012, 06:25:34 PM
Meh if it sells well we'll see
Because I'd really like to see this serious become one of Nintendo's regulars. If another Kid Icarus game were to come out in the next few years, I'd buy it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

[spoiler]I finished the main game! Note: The final battle was a cheating bastard. How was I supposed to know I NEEDED to aim when I wasn't indicated? It costed me my hearts... (I'm feeling a Skyward Sword deja vu for some reason).[/spoiler]

Filling those achievements and play the levels at higher difficulties will be the death of me... I can live with that.