<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 29, 2012, 03:01:15 PM
What's this "conclusion"?
It's based on a conclusion I saw on NeoGAF about Wii U that made too much sense when I put everything together. Basically, the customized GPU is the Wii U was designed such that Nintendo could port Wii engines easily without having to adapt it to modern tech. Such heavy optimization is very expensive, and as a result some current-gen ports will look worse on Wii U, and we're expected to pay extra for that "privilege" when we could get a console with 2-3x the power for the same price if they use standard parts and a cheaper controller. It also makes the system much harder to develop for, so you can kiss third-party support goodbye. It's just a guess, but it comes from people who definitely have inside sources and I don't want to support a company that can pull that kind of poop. I'm going to talk to the people soon to see if they might be wrong, and if nothing changes Nintendo won't get cent from me again unless they can prove it wrong.

zephilicious

nintendo has never used standard hardware

and this makes it far easier for anyone that's developed wii games (everyone) to develop wii u games. there's no learning curve, they already know how the architecture works.

the only place we run into issues is cross platform development. that is an area that nintendo has never excelled at, and you'd have to be incredibly naive to think that was changing now.
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 29, 2012, 03:11:54 PM
It's based on a conclusion I saw on NeoGAF about Wii U that made too much sense when I put everything together. Basically, the customized GPU is the Wii U was designed such that Nintendo could port Wii engines easily without having to adapt it to modern tech. Such heavy optimization is very expensive, and as a result some current-gen ports will look worse on Wii U, and we're expected to pay extra for that "privilege" when we could get a console with 2-3x the power for the same price if they use standard parts and a cheaper controller. It also makes the system much harder to develop for, so you can kiss third-party support goodbye. It's just a guess, but it comes from people who definitely have inside sources and I don't want to support a company that can pull that kind of poop. I'm going to talk to the people soon to see if they might be wrong, and if nothing changes Nintendo won't get cent from me again unless they can prove it wrong.
Nintendo might do some pretty weird poop, but I'm not sure they'd do anything that surprising.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 29, 2012, 03:40:38 PM
nintendo has never used standard hardware

and this makes it far easier for anyone that's developed wii games (everyone) to develop wii u games. there's no learning curve, they already know how the architecture works.

the only place we run into issues is cross platform development. that is an area that nintendo has never excelled at, and you'd have to be incredibly naive to think that was changing now.
Well, I'm naive. I really thought that Nintendo would at least try to keep their promise to carter to third-parties more. I feel like an idiot already, so don't rub it in.

I'm just happy that Wii U it the only next-gen console without an anti-used games rumor, so at least I know that my used Wii U will play my used Wii U games.

EDIT: Just to note, I still don't think that your "companies never change" idea is wrong. If Iwata ever resigns (which I really hope happens if Wii U flops), I'm sure we'll see major philosophy changes.

zephilicious

they are catering to third party developers. they're not catering to cross-platform developers.

while there's a lot of overlap between the two, they are not the same thing.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 29, 2012, 04:27:53 PM
they are catering to third party developers. they're not catering to cross-platform developers.

while there's a lot of overlap between the two, they are not the same thing.
Third-parties don't make exclusives anymore. Though, I guess you're talking about the smaller devs that stuck with Wii.

That said, they are investing a lot into middleware this time, so it seems like they're trying to keep things easy on the software side. Still, I can't support a company like this.

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 29, 2012, 04:34:14 PM
Third-parties don't make exclusives anymore.

not many perhaps, but nintendo wants them to.

nintendo knows they cant compete directly, cross-platform games will be better on their competitors' consoles. Rather than encourage those negative comparisons, they're making it easier for developers to release exclusive games that take advantage of what nintendo is good at.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 29, 2012, 04:47:40 PM
not many perhaps, but nintendo wants them to.

nintendo knows they cant compete directly, cross-platform games will be better on their competitors' consoles. Rather than encourage those negative comparisons, they're making it easier for developers to release exclusive games that take advantage of what nintendo is good at.
You mean using 90s tech and gimmicks?

Also, you would think they'd at least want the best versions of current-gen games, especially since rising costs mean those aren't going away for at least two years. They're just stupid. Unless the console is $199.99 or less, there's no excuse.

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 29, 2012, 04:56:01 PM
You mean using 90s tech and gimmicks?

precisely

current gen ports arent going to land them any sales. the people that want to play those games already have consoles that can play them, and nobody else cares.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 29, 2012, 05:01:35 PM
precisely

current gen ports arent going to land them any sales. the people that want to play those games already have consoles that can play them, and nobody else cares.
I just really hope it backfires this time and causes them to either learn their lesson or go third-party.

Kayo

This thread totally just flew off topic completely

Don't we have an "official" Wii U thread?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 29, 2012, 05:23:11 PM
This thread totally just flew off topic completely

Don't we have an "official" Wii U thread?
Yeah, sorry.

I'm buying this used in protest. =3 Sorry, man, but I can't support them.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 29, 2012, 05:25:18 PM
Yeah, sorry.

I'm buying this used in protest. =3 Sorry, man, but I can't support them.
What, KIU? Fuck Nintendo's poop, this game is still awesome.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 29, 2012, 05:30:39 PM
What, KIU? Fuck Nintendo's poop, this game is still awesome.
I don't care, Nintendo needs to burn.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 29, 2012, 05:46:20 PM
I don't care, Nintendo needs to burn.
So buy the game then board a plane to Japan where you proceed to piss on Nintendo's HQ building.
[move][/move]