<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance

Started by Neerb, January 18, 2011, 03:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 17, 2012, 09:04:40 PM
7 years and we still don't have KH3.

Square Enix is run by a bunch of intercourse ing chimpanzees. KH2 sold like intercourse ing crack. Tired of this spin-off poop, there is no excuse for this crap.

Why exactly do people think "3" is some all-powerful magic number? What could possibly make someone want to play 3 but not want to play the other games? It can't be gameplay, since BBS and 358/2 have arguably better gameplay than 2's "press X to win" strategy; it can't be story, since the people who want 3 keep calling the sequels, prequels, and midquels we've been getting "spin-offs" instead of addressing them as the key components of story that they really are (not to mention BBS had a way better story than 1); it can't be console power, since people wanted 3 back on the PS2 before PS3 came out while the 3DS is has been shown to be clearly stronger (and with the same buttons if you get CPP). I just don't get it; heck, the series could have very well just STOPPED after what happened in 2, it was the handheld games' additional plot elements that justify 3 in the first place.

It's just like how Sonic "fans" are always whining about some game called "Adventure 3" when in reality they should be whining about how SEGA forgot how to make a console game; if there's no plot build up, no learning from mistakes, and no creative advances in gameplay, then a game called "Adventure 3" would just suck anyway (and it DID, since 06 had the exact same elements as 1 & 2).

Zero

When I refer to 3, its not in terms of gameplay or story necessarily. Especially considering Kingdom Hearts' story makes no sense(putting it lightly).

It should be obvious that I'm referring to what platform these games are on. This type of game just feels better on a console.

Quote from: Neerb on February 18, 2012, 08:54:09 AM
it can't be console power, since people wanted 3 back on the PS2 before PS3 came out while the 3DS is has been shown to be clearly stronger (and with the same buttons if you get CPP). I just don't get it; heck, the series could have very well just STOPPED after what happened in 2, it was the handheld games' additional plot elements that justify 3 in the first place.

Uh, what? Kingdom Hearts 2 came out in 2005. That summer, we were introduced to the PS3. People never wanted KH3 to be on the PS2. NO ONE. When talking about the PS3, people EXPECTED Kindom Hearts 3. So yes, its console power. People want an HD Kingdom Hearts. This isn't exactly difficult to understand and makes complete sense. When you establish a franchise on a platform and transition it to a completely different one altogether(console to handheld) you unfortunately alienate some of your fanbase. It's just how it is.

The experience man, the experience. I prefer console games. I lost interest in KH when they went handheld only. The DS ones suck from what I've played, to boot.

JrDude

People want a console game.
People want an official 3 in the series.
Also, I heard somewhere that, after 3 is released, that is the end of the Sora Story. Sora's time with the Key Blade and just about everyone else that existed in the Sora plot, will stop being the main characters of the game, and will start off using new ones, with new stories, and not build off of this one anymore. Or something like that. Don't quote me on it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on February 18, 2012, 01:12:00 PM
Also, I heard somewhere that, after 3 is released, that is the end of the Sora Story. Sora's time with the Key Blade and just about everyone else that existed in the Sora plot, will stop being the main characters of the game, and will start off using new ones, with new stories, and not build off of this one anymore. Or something like that. Don't quote me on it.

Tetsuya Nomura has stated that 3 will end the Xehanort Saga, but Sora will continue to be the main protagonist.

Zero

"Xehanort Saga"

Well I hope the next story arc makes more sense than this one. I shouldn't get my hopes up though.

Neerb

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 20, 2012, 06:29:01 AM
"Xehanort Saga"

Well I hope the next story arc makes more sense than this one. I shouldn't get my hopes up though.

I'm not sure if I'd even want to continue...

I mean, I guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes, but frankly this single connected story about fighting Xehanort is... well, all the series has ever known. The plot has always revolved around him, he's always the big boss (either behind the scenes or in a literal final boss); I'm just not sure what the series would DO once he's done. Plus, if I'm ever going to stop playing this series, I'd think (and hope) that the big finale in 3 would be the place to end it.

Hero_of_Darkness

It "bombed" in Japan. The quotes are there because it didn't sell badly, but it still only sold about two thirds of what was expected and half as much as BbS did. Seems clear that the KH fanbase prefers Sony platforms.

Neerb

Well, 3DS owners spent their money on Kid Icarus two weeks ago; PSP owners had been saving money for years before BBS came along.

Zero

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 04, 2012, 08:46:17 AM
Well, 3DS owners spent their money on Kid Icarus two weeks ago; PSP owners had been saving money for years before BBS came along.

I imagine that sales will be stable. It's a KH game.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 04, 2012, 08:46:17 AM
Shots fired.

That joke doesn't really work in Japan, though. lol

Hero_of_Darkness

Zero

...but is it even a good game to begin with?

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on April 05, 2012, 09:38:12 AM
...but is it even a good game to begin with?
lol

I haven't heard anything especially bad about the quality. It's made by the Birth by Sleep team.

Hero_of_Darkness

It only sold through <65% of its first week stock, and there's apparently a game-ending bug in the game (3DS games can't be patched yet). This game is totally intercourse ed in Japan, and you can bet that SE isn't happy. I bet they'll end up porting it to PSP to make up for it.

Zero

Tales of Graces all over again

At least we finally got Tales of Graces F