News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 07, 2012, 11:05:24 PM
Kayo, don't even mention that without a spoiler tag. Doodle is just starting.
Says the guy who let the list of new MK7 racers fly without a care in the world.

That's nothing that needs to be put in a spoiler tag, since I didn't go into specifics. And if you're talking about the number of chapters, that's why I was vague. But honestly, it's been said so many times in this thread un-spoilered that there are more than nine chapters.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Just beat the game. Holy intercourse , they're really pushing the replay value.

No plot details in this spoiler box, just some extra fun that enhances replay value. So this is safe to click if you don't care about being surprised by upcoming game features.
[spoiler]A THIRD treasure hunt! I always figured there'd be a third, because it looked like there was extra space in that are where you select which Treasure Hunt to view.

Some of these challenges are.... interesting.[/spoiler]
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

I have ALL Clubs and Staffs. Heck yeah.

Too bad my favorite weapons are bows and swords...

Kayo

I need better bows. Mine aren't so great.

Blades are pretty cool, but I'm having great results with Palms as well.
[move][/move]

Neerb

DededeCloneChris

I'm in love with my Guardian Orbitars. They beat my Centurion Orbitars.

Guardian...hey, I already said the name.
Ranged: 6
Melee: Pretty screwed and empty, but who cares?
Overall Defense +2
Shaking +2
Shot Range +2
Walking Speed +4
Backward-dash ch. shot +1
Melee dash attack +2

Sure, that last one gives me a bit of usefulness for a sudden attack, but DAMN. These things are a monster in Air Battles. Flying shields zooming out everywhere, especially with Trigger Happy, turns this weapon into an infinite supply of Special Attacks.

And on land, they're as deadly with charged shots, racking up to 200 damage in a very wide area. Remember those two Reapers circling in Reaper Fortress? The shields devastated them with me being on high floor. Sure, the Reapettes can pass through walls, but they were creamed.

Zero

bumping this thread because I got this game today thanks to Best Buy's sale

Maybe its because I have strong hands but I just don't find it painful to play without the stand. The land controls are sort of weird, but I'm getting used to them.

Custom

the land controls SUCK DICK

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Kayo

Quote from: Z on February 17, 2013, 05:46:15 PM
bumping this thread because I got this game today thanks to Best Buy's sale

Maybe its because I have strong hands but I just don't find it painful to play without the stand. The land controls are sort of weird, but I'm getting used to them.

Quote from: Custom on February 17, 2013, 06:27:35 PM
the land controls SUCK DICK
Both of these entirely. And yet, given the ranged nature of the majority of the weapons, I don't know how they could have improved the land controls. It's just hardware limitations.
[move][/move]

Zero

I don't think its hardware limitations so much as the developers felt they would confuse the player if they so much as changed up controls on land.

Make camera controls=shoulder buttons. Shoot with the face buttons. etc.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on February 17, 2013, 10:27:16 PM
I don't think its hardware limitations so much as the developers felt they would confuse the player if they so much as changed up controls on land.

Make camera controls=shoulder buttons. Shoot with the face buttons. etc.
Eh, maybe. I know there's one control that might be set to R by default (if not, I have it set to that) that orients the camera to face the direction Pit is facing. Kind of like targeting on console Zelda games when there's nothing to target. It just doesn't work quite as well because Pit is always intercourse ing spinning.

And you can set the ABXY buttons to attack. The controls are actually pretty customizable. Which is why I'm calling hardware limitations. It seems they did what they could.
[move][/move]

Custom

I thought the writing in this game was really good. I will say that.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Custom on February 28, 2013, 02:13:05 PM
I thought the writing in this game was really good. I will say that.
Honestly, so far I can actually agree as someone who's right now writing a game. I'm loving this game. The land controls are okay, but they could have seriously done a much better job.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on May 19, 2013, 03:13:26 PM
Honestly, so far I can actually agree as someone who's right now writing a game. I'm loving this game. The land controls are okay, but they could have seriously done a much better job.
Fuck off.