News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Playstation Vita Thread

Started by Tupin, December 18, 2011, 01:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

So, the Playstation Vita launched in Japan yesterday, and will come to the US on February 22nd. It sold over 700,000 units in one day, so I think it will do just as well as the PSP did in Japan.

Are you going to get one on launch day or are you going to wait? Personally, I'm probably going to wait. There are some games that interest me, but if it's anything like the PSP, the first version of the Vita will be huge compared to further revisions. That and the fact that the 3G version is $299 and uses AT&T. I wonder if the Wi-Fi version will do well at $249.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Hero_of_Darkness

700k is the rumored shipment figure. We don't know how much it sold, but there's not a chance in hell that it sold that much in one day in Japan.

Neerb

I'll probably never get one. It definitely looks better than PSP, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend ANOTHER $250 on a handheld just yet. I'm just not that in to Sony exclusives besides inFAMOUS, and I'll probably be able to borrow it from a friend in the event Kingdom Hearts comes out on it.

Doodle

I probably won't get it. One handheld is enough.
YEAH

Spud

I'll wait for Persona 4. Even if that's the only game I'll buy, I'll have no regrets.

Zero

Quote from: Spud on December 19, 2011, 04:24:38 PM
I'll wait for Persona 4. Even if that's the only game I'll buy, I'll have no regrets.

Same I guess, except that I'm also waiting for those memory cards to drop in price. Sony leads to learn their intercourse ing lesson, they aren't Apple.

Quote from: Delibird on December 19, 2011, 08:30:17 AM
I'll probably never get one. It definitely looks better than PSP, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend ANOTHER $250 on a handheld just yet. I'm just not that in to Sony exclusives besides inFAMOUS, and I'll probably be able to borrow it from a friend in the event Kingdom Hearts comes out on it.

If KH comes out for it, even though I'm not a huge fan of the series, I'll be irritated. No PS3 KH but a Vita KH? god

DededeCloneChris

That KH 3 is so coming to PS3, anyway.

X-3

I was thinking about it a few months ago. Probably going to wait it out a bit.

Oh and apparently 312k units have been sold over 2 days.

DededeCloneChris

Good news. The Vita SD Cards aren't that expensive as originally envisioned.

Bad news. Sony is still stealing $10 dollars more than normal SD cards. (Lowest Vita SD card of 4GB is $19, for example). Also, it declined a talk about how there was a discount for downloadable stuff.

http://kotaku.com/5870644/the-ps-vitas-memory-cards-cost-less-than-expected-but-still-essentially-mandatory

Hero_of_Darkness

I'm having a hard time finding the right words for this. These are the numbers for last week, which was Vita's second week and the biggest shopping week of the year. (obviously Japan numbers)

3DS 482200
PSP 101121
Wii 91176
PS3 75943
Vita 72479
DSi LL 8,470
DSi 5,894
Xbox 360 4,245
PS2 1,582
DS Lite 32

This is very concerning... If things don't pick up, this will affect Japanese third-party support.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 28, 2011, 09:27:00 AM
I'm having a hard time finding the right words for this. These are the numbers for last week, which was Vita's second week and the biggest shopping week of the year. (obviously Japan numbers)

3DS 482200
PSP 101121
Wii 91176
PS3 75943
Vita 72479
DSi LL 8,470
DSi 5,894
Xbox 360 4,245
PS2 1,582
DS Lite 32

This is very concerning... If things don't pick up, this will affect Japanese third-party support.
Makes me think the Vita is ironically going to repeat the first days of the 3DS even though it has a strong lineup already on sale.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on December 28, 2011, 09:40:47 AM
Makes me think the Vita is ironically going to repeat the first days of the 3DS even though it has a strong lineup already on sale.

That would be extremely optimistic.

3DS: 374k first week --> 209k second week
Vita: 321k first week --> 72k second week

This is as bad as things can get.

Zero

Vita+Games+Memory=holy intercourse  there goes my wallet

its really that simple. the device and games seem solid though. Once theres a Monster Hunter or a Kingdom Hearts on the Vita Japan will probably flip out and sales will surge. Happened to the PSP anyway.

Hero_of_Darkness

It seems that Vita wins the battery life battle against 3DS. At least that's what I've been hearing.

DededeCloneChris

I knew the sinking Vita boat was foreshadowing this.