News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Quick question:

Started by Shujinco2, April 11, 2008, 01:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

What would the phisical equivilant of dividing something by zero be?

And no, no "I divided by zero" pics. I want the REAL answer!

Lotos

I always thought of it with the examples they game you in Elementary school.  Giving out 12 cookies to no kids.  Toss them on tha floor!

Otherwise in all honesty, it makes my brain hurt trying to think of an actual explanation.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Lotos on April 11, 2008, 01:23:54 PM
I always thought of it with the examples they game you in Elementary school.  Giving out 12 cookies to no kids.  Toss them on tha floor!

Otherwise in all honesty, it makes my brain hurt trying to think of an actual explanation.
Well, i figured that it would cause a wrinkle in space, creating a mass that really isn't a mass, because there is no space in the parimeter, but still existing due to the fact that it existed before...... I think. :-\

Let me put it this way: If you divide a cube foot by zero, the affected area is still 1 cube foot, but within the cube foot, nothing, not even space, exists.

I don't know, it's just a theory.

HTA!

A very confusing and inaccurate theory.

Dividing by Zero is impossible in normal everyday math.
It is possible in some variation of math, and in computer programming.

But dividing by zero cannot be shown physically.
And it really wouldn't create a vacuum, IMO.
You can't model something if it cannot exist.

えっちーせんぱい

If you divide by nothing, then there's nothing divided since there is nothing to divide by, correct?

Daft Pink

Quote from: Blaziken on April 11, 2008, 02:11:51 PM
If you divide by nothing, then there's nothing divided since there is nothing to divide by, correct?
That's what I've always thought.

SkyMyl

Follow Blazikens theory, because that's accurate! ;D

In my opinion, I just think that if you divide 0 by 0, nothing is being divided by nothing, therefore if nothing isn't being divided, there is no space and nothing can exist in that space, eventually causing a rift in space and time, ultimately destroying the universe. Neat, huh? Or just say:

0/0=A black hole.

HTA!

Quote from: Blaziken on April 11, 2008, 02:11:51 PM

But that kind of refers to the answer being 0, although it was pretty close.

Hence, undefined.

Kilroy

It's what's missing in 0's hole. No one has a name for it, nor a definition.

Therefore, undefined.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

SkyMyl

Quote from: Olimar on April 12, 2008, 03:42:39 PM
It's what's missing in 0's hole. No one has a name for it, nor a definition.

Therefore, undefined.
Undefined, unrefined, unsolved, unfilled. 4 things off the top of my head.

britneymahboy

I'm sure you are going to get an accurate answer here.
NAMBLA

SkyMyl

Quote from: britneymahboy on April 12, 2008, 04:22:55 PM
I'm sure you are going to get an accurate answer here.
::)

This board is full of accurate answers. >_>

Zovistograt

Since the inverse of a smaller and smaller number is larger and larger, and 0 is technically impossible on an inverse relationship, the equivalent would be...infinity I guess.  So something infinite.  Like...the number of curves you can draw in the universe.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."