News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

iTunes, yet again, is the best program ever.

Started by Riosan, April 16, 2008, 06:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMV

I've never had that problem. I'm having a hard time believing that this is iTunes's fault since there is nothing in the recycle bin.  Are you sure the songs weren't deleted from your library but aren't still sitting around on your harddrive?  Seems like some one imported an old library.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Riosan

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 17, 2008, 08:08:24 AM
Try Foobar, Zoomplayer or VLC.  They generally play everything.  iTunes is only good for taking anything you might possibly get in .m4a and burning it to a CD and re-ripping as .mp3.

If we're talking about the Zoom Player that's included in the CCCP, I use it for videos, since it loads up in like 2 seconds, and doesn't take forever like WMP.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Riosan on April 17, 2008, 12:56:52 PM
Try Foobar, Zoomplayer or VLC.  They generally play everything.  iTunes is only good for taking anything you might possibly get in .m4a and burning it to a CD and re-ripping as .mp3.

If we're talking about the Zoom Player that's included in the CCCP, I use it for videos, since it loads up in like 2 seconds, and doesn't take forever like WMP.
CCCP?  Dunno.  Only problem I have with it is when it comes to playing .avi, however I believe that's a codec issue on my part.  Scratch that, I just need to update...badly.

FullmetalGanon

Cardinal

Because iTunes can totally delete music on its own.

Like JMV said, did you import an old library? If not, try going to your iTunes folder, and importing library files - they're .xml.

gbwyoshi

Mystic

Karma. That's what you get for using poopware.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 17, 2008, 01:42:04 PM

CCCP?  Dunno.  Only problem I have with it is when it comes to playing .avi, however I believe that's a codec issue on my part.  Scratch that, I just need to update...badly.
WMP plays AVI's fine for me with the CCCP. I just have a problem with this one file that's 60MB and the video is only 90 seconds long.. darn opening.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Blaziken on April 18, 2008, 06:41:26 PM

WMP plays AVI's fine for me with the CCCP. I just have a problem with this one file that's 60MB and the video is only 90 seconds long.. darn opening.
Zoom Player is much faster and less bulky though.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 18, 2008, 07:03:30 PM

It would still probably lag a video at a bitrate of 5600kbps.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Blaziken on April 18, 2008, 07:07:19 PM

That isn't your player's problem, it's your computer.  Why the intercourse  do you need something at that quality anyways?

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 18, 2008, 07:14:34 PM
Quote from: Blaziken on April 18, 2008, 07:07:19 PM

That isn't your player's problem, it's your computer.  Why the intercourse  do you need something at that quality anyways?
It's a DVD rip of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, it's just part of the DVD I guess.

.:DL:.

Yea, that's happened to me before as well....twice.

That's why I think iTunes suck now (who doesn't) and I stopped using it.

HTA!

Only time it happened to me was when we had a hard drive wipe and i had to reload the songs using back-up files.

I had to re-authorize my comp, hope that helps.