News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

What's your favorite foreign film?

Started by Andrew1911, October 10, 2007, 11:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew1911

All dubs are intercourse ing evil. Watch all films in their original content and put the god darn subtitles on.
hi

Tao Atlas

Samurai 7 was one of my favorite anime; so I'd guess Seven Samurai was good. Never seen it though, not really a big fan of black and white >_>;

By your standards set for the thread though; Akira.

GIDDS14

The Eye.  I think it's a Chinese film, but it may be Korean.  It is freaky!  No, it isn't gory- it just gets you're heart pounding, and the explosion at the end... it's an awesome movie. 

"You see them too?  Don't worry- I can, too.  They don't like to be seen.  You'll get used to it." a quote from The Eye.

There are also a few German films that I like, but I can't think of any of the titles (one of them is Life is Beautiful, or something like that).

Rosti LFC

Oh my God, I forgot Das Boot.

Completely epic film. The uncut version is soooo long, but still really good.

Harry

Quote from: Rosti LFC on October 15, 2007, 01:12:16 PM

How long is it?

Rosti LFC

Quote from: Harry on October 16, 2007, 07:55:58 AM
Quote from: Rosti LFC on October 15, 2007, 01:12:16 PM

How long is it?

The longest version is just under 5 hours. Which is really long considering almost all of it is just on the submarine.

Light

Quote from: Hiei on October 13, 2007, 11:07:34 PM
Quote from: Rosti LFC on October 13, 2007, 04:37:59 PM
Quote from: LIGHTNINGSWORD on October 13, 2007, 12:46:41 PM
SA ~ Haku was too... perfect. Also, Chihiro's voice (in the dub) became gradually annoying (through the first half of the movie), to the point I wanted to hit her in the face.

That's why you watch them with subs. I find most dubs to be pretty irritating. The drawl of half-assed American voice actors just ruins the films for me. Ghost In The Shell: SAC is a good example.

I thought SAC was pretty good. You want a poopty dub? Try something more along the lines of Zeta Gundam.
I also thought that the dub of Yami no Matsuei and Fullmetal Alchemist were pretty well done.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Zovistograt

Interstella 5555

Anime + Daft Punk = very yes
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kaz

Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Razer

Andrew1911

Quote from: razer922 on October 23, 2007, 12:22:14 PM
Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on October 20, 2007, 10:35:58 PM
Pan's Labyrinth
Finally a person with brains.

Finally, someone who didn't have the balls to say their choice until someone said it for them. Then, to further show how much of a ballsless freak they are, they claim everyone who hasn't picked a foriegn film FROM 2006 AS THE BEST FORIEGN FILM OF ALL TIME! Go watch more foriegn films and get back to me.

kaz this isnt against u cause i lov u and i lov pan ^_^
hi

Kaz

Quote from: Andrew1911 on October 23, 2007, 02:00:23 PM
Pan's Labyrinth

i luv u 2 ^_^

And really, I only said Pan's Labyrinth because I haven't seen very many foreign films. I recall seeing some French film about some girl who went lesbian for a trucker lady...that's the only recent one I can recall other than Pan's Labyrinth. I'm just not a big movie person in general.

Light

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on October 23, 2007, 02:32:17 PM
Quote from: Andrew1911 on October 23, 2007, 02:00:23 PM
Pan's Labyrinth

i luv u 2 ^_^

And really, I only said Pan's Labyrinth because I haven't seen very many foreign films. I recall seeing some French film about some girl who went lesbian for a trucker lady...that's the only recent one I can recall other than Pan's Labyrinth. I'm just not a big movie person in general.
I really want to see Pan's Labyrinth, but haven't got around to it... :(
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Kaz

Quote from: Harry on October 27, 2007, 12:38:45 PM
Pan's Labyrinth
Too mainstream |:

Oh god, you're one of those "must be different!" people, aren't you? Not everything mainstream is automatically bad.