News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

TODAY IS THE CRAZIEST DAY EVER.

Started by Judas, October 19, 2007, 05:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judas

I'm in California for my dad's wedding. This morning I wake up at what I thought was around noon, but was actually about 9am. There's a bunch of random people having breakfast pastries and mimosas on the patio. I go out to introduce myself, but just then some more random people arrive and everyone gets up and goes to greet them, so I help myself to some breakfast pastries. They were delicious.

Eventually my dad appaears on the scene and introduces me to these people; I still have no idea who they are. I slip away to play some Half-Life 2 for a bit before a couple cousins that I know arrive, so I make merriment with them and one of the random other people, who is a graphic artist and animator for Disney or something. We talked about Macs and film edting software.

Eventually we go to Hard Rock Cafe in La Jolla for lunch, and this is where it gets crazy. In the flurry of people getting into cars, I somehow end up with this Norwegian guy in a 70's Cadillac, who has a very heavy Scandinavian-Texan accent. He was one of the random people from before. We talked about the oil industry before getting horribly lost going north on highway 5, and got to the Hard Rock half an hour late. My dad and soon-to-be step-mom are nowhere in sight, so I just keep talking to this Norwegian guy, and eventually this other person comes in and we start talking about music and the guitars on the walls.

After lunch, which was just really weird, we all go to the hotel, which I didn't even know we were doing. It's this awesome resort/country club thing, one of the ones where you just flash your card and they give you anything you want. It's awesome. At this point I lost track of anyone who's paying attention to me again, so I go to the front desk and see if a room for me has been reserved -- it has, so I get help with my bags, grab a complimentary Perrier, and head down to the beach.

After wandering around for a bit, I go back to my room and defeat Half-Life 2. Awesome. I always beat games on vacations, it seems.

And right now I'm supposed to be at the wedding party, I think, down on a different part of the beach, but I have no idea where anyone is or WHO anyone is, so I'm just going to wait until someone summons me.

"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Commander Awesome

Insane Asylum

Feast on my justice.

Riosan

HL2 had a great ending. Now go play Ep1.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

YoshiGal7

JMV

Oh cool I hope your dad is happy. :)

I've been online since 2 PM trying to fix boyah, in addition to the 9 hours I spent yesterday.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Judas

Quote from: Riosan on October 19, 2007, 05:20:19 PM

I'm going to when I get the chance... I love H-L2. I really need to play the first one, too...
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Tupin

Sounds like a cool day. I'm guessing you had a laptop to play HL2 at a hotel?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Judas

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on October 19, 2007, 05:22:26 PM
Sounds like a cool day. I'm guessing you had a laptop to play HL2 at a hotel?

Yeah, my MacBook Pro and a suit have been my only companions on this journey.

Riosan

Quote from: Snorkel on October 19, 2007, 05:21:34 PM
Quote from: Riosan on October 19, 2007, 05:20:19 PM

I'm going to when I get the chance... I love H-L2. I really need to play the first one, too...

My Steam is Riosan, if you're using PC. Add meh. <3
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Silverhawk79

I've been playing with source code, breaking the forums, etc. :)