News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

A bet with Smash Bros sales

Started by tollhouse2006, February 11, 2008, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 12, 2008, 06:50:19 PM
If Brawl does get alot of commercials do you guys think it'll be close.  My friend said Halo 3 sold 2.8 million copies on the first day.  Does that sound accurate.   That's alot. 
It took Brawl 2 weeks to sell 1 million copies.

I believe there is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5-2 million North American pre-orders.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Triforceman22

I think we'll do alright.
Brawl sold... 700,000 copies in Japan on it's first day...
How many people are in Japan?
and if we add that to american copies...

i'm sure we'll beat halo. :)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Michael227

Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 12, 2008, 08:06:33 PM
I think we'll do alright.
Brawl sold... 700,000 copies in Japan on it's first day...
How many people are in Japan?
and if we add that to american copies...

i'm sure we'll beat halo. :)
well my "ultimate atlas of the world" book tells me japans population in 125,761,000
looks like 125,061,000 people didnt buy the game :(

FruitFlow

I only have one thing to say:

Find a time machine, reverse to the time you made the bet and call it off. Cause from the looks of it, you just lost whatever it is you bet.  :-\

(Hope it wasn't money, or at least a lot)  :P
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Allegretto

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 11, 2008, 02:03:28 PM
Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on February 11, 2008, 01:59:45 PM
I doubt that Brawl will sell more then Halo 3. Halo 3 is much more well known, and it was advertised much more. Halo 3 probably sold more on pre-orders then Brawl will in the whole first week. >_>
Smash Bros has been around since 1998.  It's older than Halo and since it's T it's more suitable to different age groups.  Melee was gamecube's best seller so Brawl's gonna do really good but the lack of Wiis in the US might be the main problem.
It will sell more copyies over time but on the first day im not so sure, what were the stakes of the bet

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Allegretto on February 12, 2008, 09:10:38 PM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 11, 2008, 02:03:28 PM
Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on February 11, 2008, 01:59:45 PM
I doubt that Brawl will sell more then Halo 3. Halo 3 is much more well known, and it was advertised much more. Halo 3 probably sold more on pre-orders then Brawl will in the whole first week. >_>
Smash Bros has been around since 1998.  It's older than Halo and since it's T it's more suitable to different age groups.  Melee was gamecube's best seller so Brawl's gonna do really good but the lack of Wiis in the US might be the main problem.
It will sell more copyies over time but on the first day im not so sure, what were the stakes of the bet
It was only 5 bucks.  But even though the bet's not a big deal this makes a good topic.  If WiiPlay came in second place and got beat by Halo 3, Brawl should have a good chance.  I thought Wii play was pure crap cuz there was only like 6 games in their and half of them were fun but that game I'm sure is more for family and not hardcore gamers.  The Wii also beat the XBox 360 on the market so shouldn't Brawl have an advantage?
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi