News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Well, at least the critics liked ONE of the games Nintendo brought out.

Started by Tupin, July 15, 2008, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

To my surprise, IGN is eating Wii Sports Resort up.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890299p1.html

There's one quote in there that makes me very excited for this game, even though it's coming out in Spring 2009.

"That a few extra accelerometers could make such a difference is almost comical, but it's true."

They also commented on how well the MotionPlus works and how well the games control.

They will be selling it for $50 with the Wii MotionPlus and every Wii Remote from then on will have one packaged in along with the jacket. There are even rumors of Nintendo making a new remote with the MotionPlus built in.

Plus, there is endless possibilities to how this could be used. 1:1 lightsaber duels, anyone?  :)

So yeah, Wii Sports Resort looks awesome. What other games do you want in it? I heard there were like 5-6 more games than they showed, so I'm guessing Water Polo and Volleyball will be in there. But I want deep sea fishing and parasailing.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Macawmoses

Critics don't really mean anything, especially this early in the game. I still have no plans of buying this, either, as it just doesn't interest me. As for games, I imagine beach volleyball, along with surfing of some sort.

Mystic

Will the WMP make Wii Sports and such games better responsive the way Resort is? I hope so. I'm actually excited for this. Wow.

As for games: beach volleyball, swimming, and...I dunno. I think surfing should only be done if used with the Balance Board.

Tupin

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 15, 2008, 10:31:22 PM
Will the WMP make Wii Sports and such games better responsive the way Resort is? I hope so. I'm actually excited for this. Wow.

As for games: beach volleyball, swimming, and...I dunno. I think surfing should only be done if used with the Balance Board.
Yeah, and Nintendo could release a few patches for previous games to be compatible with the WMP.

Surfing would be cool, as long as people who don't have the Balance Board can play it.

Cardinal

I'm so excited for this game. <3

Also, two words:

Ultimate Frisbee.

WiiGuy

I like the game too.

I think Volleyball is a good game for it.

Nayrman

It looks fun...but like every other mini-game collection, shallow.
Like Wii Sports it looks more like a Tech demo than an actual game. I may or may not get it depending on the price moint of the WMP standalone (if its like ten dollars off I might as well get the game)

I just want to know where my lightsaber game is? LucasArts is being bastards about this X_X;;
I think we all know what the next Zelda is going to use XD

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 04:53:22 AM
Like Wii Sports it looks more like a Tech demo than an actual game. I may or may not get it depending on the price moint of the WMP standalone (if its like ten dollars off I might as well get the game)

I just want to know where my lightsaber game is? LucasArts is being bastards about this X_X;;
I think the Wii Clone Wars game is confirmed to have lightsaber duels that use the WMP.

Not sure about the Wii version of the Force Unleashed, though.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 10:11:56 AM

I think the Wii Clone Wars game is confirmed to have lightsaber duels that use the WMP.

Clone wars is this fall...so it won't have the WMP...gr....

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 01:33:56 PM

Yeah, that was the only downside IGN found with the WMP. It's not coming out until Spring 2009.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 01:35:41 PM

Yeah, that was the only downside IGN found with the WMP. It's not coming out until Spring 2009.
It's not even that big of a thing...the tech is there so just mass produce it X_X;;
Oh wait...it's Nintendo so THEY have to be the first to use it in a game...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 01:39:00 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 01:35:41 PM

It's not even that big of a thing...the tech is there so just mass produce it X_X;;
Oh wait...it's Nintendo so THEY have to be the first to use it in a game...
Obviously. That's why they are packaging it with Resort.

I can't see Resort taking THAT long to make along with the WMP. Of course, if I was a developer, I would put in support for the WMP when it came out.

guido123

critics dont really mean anything to me what they say about the game is always on there opinion

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

Java

Jet-Skiing, Water Skiing, or Boating would be nice.

Not sure how it'd work, but it'd be cool.