News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Anyone else think GH:WT was rather...disappointing?

Started by Silverhawk79, November 07, 2008, 04:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kaz on November 19, 2008, 01:30:18 AM
I only have one major issue with the game, and that's "Pull Me Under." Seriously, I don't think the developers even listen to Dream Theater, and they just picked one song by them at random, because that song is sub-par on quality, difficulty, and just overall content. I was hoping for "Under a Glass Moon" or something.
I agree. That song was horribly easy. I kind of wanted something like In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 1 or Honor Thy Father or something. Maybe for DLC sometime down the line.

Eizweir

I thought RB2 was better, even though I was supporting GH:WT the whole time.
I play drums with RB drums, so I don't know what to say about that.
I play guitar with an old GH3 guitar, so I don't what to say about that...

I guess I should probably not form an opinion until I try all the new things. =|
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Captain Justice

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on November 07, 2008, 11:08:04 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 07, 2008, 04:15:54 PM
What are your thoughts on it?
I completely feel different, but I do think some of your points are a bit true.

What's so bad about the gigs? Just how else did you expect It to be like? There's other gigs on the list as well, so just do another gig and return back to It later, or just lower your difficulty by pausing It. Oh, and almost forgot, but in the other GH's, If you couldn't beat said song, to bad, you can't move on.

I liked the funny messages, but in GH3 I didn't like them much, and honestly - Does It matter THAT Much?

As for WT's loading time - I actually kind of agree, It has way to much shoved into It. o.O Seriously, 2.3gb not including DLC/GHTunes/Any future patches and stuff? This is ridiculous.

I really enjoy this game overall, already completed vocals, guitar, and band career, and working on bass and drums. Overall, a lot of the stuff is pretty sightread passable for anyone into said instrument, does that mean this game is a bit to easy? Kinda, but It also means that I dunno, you're getting better at It?

And besides, why only pass when you can do a Five Star, FC, work with friends to have everybody complete a song on expert (Unless If your friends are good, easier said then done <_<)

I mean, If someone wants to say It's easy on every instrument, please, FC BYOB Bass, Beat It Vocals, HFT Drums, and Satch Boogie guitar. GH3 was mainly a step in the 'Wrong' And 'Too Hard' Direction, 'mainly because It was rushed/whole harmonix to neversoft switch thing. I personally didn't enjoy GH3. OHHH BOY RAINING BLOOD AND TTFAF, THESE SONGS ARE SUPER HARD SO THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY SUPER FUN...No, I don't quite see It that way.

However, what I do see Is things like this game and the music studio being overhyped (I found the music studio easy, but that's probably because I'm a real life musician as well) And I can see why people are a bit annoyed at the solo career If It's hard for them to get some friends over, or If they don't want to bring out the money for extra instruments assuming they don't have rock band. I mean, I personally found this a bit more easier to bring out when you have friends over than RB2...Probably because I see more lively songs in GH:WT (probably just me as in me a minority as in me by myself and I ^____________^), so this is more of something to throw out at the parties, try and have your entire band expert, etc.

So, overall, I found this game enjoyable, It lived up to my hype. I am annoyed of a few things, but eh, I can stand on, and I was annoyed of a few things in GH2, yet It's my second/third favorite in the RB/GH Series. I just really wish they would allow being able to play a wii or 360 owner with a PS3, and not having to have the other players have DLC To play It (Seriously, I want to play mr.brightside online but If my friends don't have It then no mr.brightside unless If they get it)
TK writing a 6 page response to a simple question about GH.

go  figure lol
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Zero

Quote from: Kaz on November 19, 2008, 01:30:18 AM
I only have one major issue with the game, and that's "Pull Me Under." Seriously, I don't think the developers even listen to Dream Theater, and they just picked one song by them at random, because that song is sub-par on quality, difficulty, and just overall content. I was hoping for "Under a Glass Moon" or something.

I don't think that they picked that song at random, seeing as it was a very popular Dream Theater song in the early 90's. They probably just wanted a Dream Theater song and chose a popular one.

At any rate, the song is fine. It's easy compared to Through the Fire and the Flames yes, but it suits the setting just fine. Besides, if you wanted a song as difficult as a Power/Speed Metal song, then you'd have to...basically get another Power/Speed Metal song, and that isn't much fun at all.

@Echo:

Yes

Thirdkoopa

@Echo:1 Page on my comp, and if you want longer, I can do more easily.

But tl;dr now that I've had it for two months;
Kinda disappointing, but not nearly as disappointing as GH3 for me since I only open GH3 for a few songs lol, and the only instrument really interesting to me now is drumming.

Bet you were expecting longer mirite?

As for DT, the song is great, and there's something about a DT Album as DLC I remember seeing on another site, from the same person who said low wouldn't be on-disc.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Java

I'm having issues with vocals in GH:WT and that's mainly what's disappointing me.
I'm having a ton of fun on the other instruments and I love a good number of the songs, except for a few odd, morbid, uncomfortable songs (especially to sing.)

I used to love singing vocals in Rock Band when I went over my friends' houses.
I would usually do pretty well on Easy.
I even got 100% on Roxanne, which blew me away.

Now in GH:WT, I'm lucky if I even get in the 90s on Easy.

I don't know what they did to Vocals, but it's pissing me off.  >:(

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on January 03, 2009, 12:13:23 AM
@Echo:1 Page on my comp, and if you want longer, I can do more easily.

But tl;dr now that I've had it for two months;
Kinda disappointing, but not nearly as disappointing as GH3 for me since I only open GH3 for a few songs lol, and the only instrument really interesting to me now is drumming.

Bet you were expecting longer mirite?

As for DT, the song is great, and there's something about a DT Album as DLC I remember seeing on another site, from the same person who said low wouldn't be on-disc.
Oooooh.
DT DLC would be amazing.

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: Java_Java on January 03, 2009, 12:38:39 AM
I'm having issues with vocals in GH:WT and that's mainly what's disappointing me.
I'm having a ton of fun on the other instruments and I love a good number of the songs, except for a few odd, morbid, uncomfortable songs (especially to sing.)

I used to love singing vocals in Rock Band when I went over my friends' houses.
I would usually do pretty well on Easy.
I even got 100% on Roxanne, which blew me away.

Now in GH:WT, I'm lucky if I even get in the 90s on Easy.

I don't know what they did to Vocals, but it's pissing me off.  >:(

GHWT's vocal percentage system goes by words while RB's goes by whole phrases.

_GanonMetroid_

What matters to me:

Setlist.
Chart quality.
Engine quality.

That's it.

Setlist was more diverse, and while there isn't a lot of challenge, the songs themselves are pretty good.
Chart quality is a intercourse ing gigantic leap upward from GH3, same with the engine.

So yeah, I'm happy with it.

Quote from: GreatGonzalez106 on January 04, 2009, 10:06:52 PM
GHWT's vocal percentage system goes by words while RB's goes by whole phrases.
Wrong. Percentage goes by pitch. Combo goes by lyrics. ;)

HTA!

A few songs are a amazing.
Satch Boogie, Hot for Teacher, Purple Haze, BYOB, Trapped Under Ice.

For all its faults, I really don;t care so long as I got my new songs. :)

Triforceman22

I like RB2 more....

I can get a 95% on Chop Suey on expert for Microphone.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!