News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

SBR's Fourth and "Final" vote about Meta Knight

Started by Dawei, July 29, 2009, 02:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Meta Knight should be banned?

Yes
9 (39.1%)
/ (also yes)
3 (13%)
No
11 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Nayrman

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on July 31, 2009, 08:21:15 AM
People will get bored of it eventually.
If not, learn how to be tricky. Don't worry about countering, mindf*** the other player.
interest or a couple hundred to a few thousand dollars...
I wonder what the pro players will choose?

Mindgames don't really work against the best MEtaknight players in the world who are used to such things.

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on July 31, 2009, 08:58:18 AM
interest or a couple hundred to a few thousand dollars...
I wonder what the pro players will choose?

Mindgames don't really work against the best MEtaknight players in the world who are used to such things.
I read all of the arguments for both sides.
I still agree with anti-ban.
Metaknight may not have any "bad matches", but he's not particularly strong against anyone. He only wins 30% or whatever the number was of all the tournaments money.

Triforceman22

How about just spam the intercourse  out of marth's counter move. :P

J/K

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

HTA!

M2K breaks all arguments.
Have you seen him play recently?

We'll just have to wait and see... a ban would be huge...

Captain Justice

This argument is the only thing needed to prove that Brawl is fail.

MK should be banned though, there is no reason to not ban him. Seriously ppl all casualfags complained about Melee being dominated by Fox, and MK is used far more then Fox ever was.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Doodle

Well, he is broken. Especially with recoveries. He has many recovery options, and they can do more than most of the other characters can.
YEAH

Magnum

And Snake can C4 himself whenever he wants. It's not a hard technique. B-Down, B-Down, B-up. You have to smash him up or completely out if you want him gone.

Diddy has a great counter for recovery. Don't know if anyone saw this but it was a Diddy Vs. Meta-Knight, and Meta-Knight went to finish Diddy off when he was off the stage. Diddy used B-over and got them both to the bottom and then let go and recovered while MK got K.O. It was great.

And Hector, I have no clue about any of the statistics because I don't watch that. I watch the matches. And I've seen M2K. F*ckin insane. He's actually the first person that comes to mind when I hear Meta-Knight. I still think it's just stupid to ban a character unless that character is winning all the tournaments.

Also Dawei, sorry to hit a bad spot, but you know that people are dumb enough to complain about it. They'll make some excuse like they do in any fighting game. All you'll hear soon is Snake and Diddy getting bashed because of great players playing them great. It's easy to see that they are different, and that is what is going to get people started.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

whatwewishfor

whatever

Depster

Snake can't c4 recover at high percents and he's easy to intercept anyway. Diddy's recovery isn't that great, the meta probably just wasn't paying attention, m2k isn't the problem, and snake and diddy have counters so people won't complain near as bad and they will never get banned, and nobody cares about the MK mains here.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

HTA!

It's not like if they ban MK we won't play against you if you use him.
But official tourneys will ban him, as they should.

Dep, the point was that players like M2K are so good with MK that it takes almost perfect play to beat them in their prime. It can and has been done, but more and more people will eventually go over to MK to the point where a tourney will become a "Who has the best MK" contest.

Snake isn't too hard to intercept or gimp after a C4 recovery, and there is always the grab gimp.

Depster

The Ban isn't aimed at high level play, a lot of people are evenish with M2K and Tyrant.  The ban is mostly aimed at mid level players because there's more of them than the ever so famous high level players.  The best don't care because they can win either way, it's just the lower skilled players whining so badly.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

HTA!

Quote from: Depster on August 02, 2009, 08:38:34 AM
The Ban isn't aimed at high level play, a lot of people are evenish with M2K and Tyrant.  The ban is mostly aimed at mid level players because there's more of them than the ever so famous high level players.  The best don't care because they can win either way, it's just the lower skilled players whining so badly.

It would effect all players though, I assume?
Ah well, not like we have a say in it.
I could care less if he isn't banned, just makes more sense to me to ban him looking at the current situation.

Mutilator7

It's obvious sakurai was playing favorites with meta knight. He did create him after all.

tibar21

i say yes as many people said he has no counter and there is no way to beat him every time. so broken. its so frustrating to lose to him.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Eizweir

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 01, 2009, 10:19:44 PM

Diddy has a great counter for recovery. Don't know if anyone saw this but it was a Diddy Vs. Meta-Knight, and Meta-Knight went to finish Diddy off when he was off the stage. Diddy used B-over and got them both to the bottom and then let go and recovered while MK got K.O. It was great.

Lol, that was back when M2K wasn't as great and Ninjalink was awesome, it's really old.  Just saying.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze