Previous topic - Next topic

What is your Music?

Guitar Hero
Rock Band
DJ Hero
Band Hero
Other

Magnum

Guitar Hero wasn't the first game of its kind, but it put itself out there and on a home platform. Who hasn't dreamt of shreding the guitar on the main stage? Well, this is how you fufill your dream. In the beginning, there was only Guitar Hero, and it did what it did. And it done good.
Rock Band came along shortly after, but with a twist. Not everyone wanted to play Guitar. Some just had the dream of singing in front of the crowd. And despite how terrible it was, the Mic was there. But that wasn't all. A full band of 4 waited, something Guitar Hero would pick up.
DJ Hero took a fabled different rout. You were a DJ. Not much more.
Band Hero is for the Wii. AKA all you suckers.
Other is Stepmania and DDR I guess.

Personally, I choose Rock Band, even though I don't own any ;) So, what is your game of choose?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Custom

DrumMania Rock Band because I love Harmonix and Guitar Hero is poopty.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

Rock Band, easily.

But DJ Hero is so intercourse ing fun.

Doodle

YEAH

Custom

Quote from: Rosencrantz on March 27, 2010, 01:58:29 PM
Rock Band, easily.

But DJ Hero is so intercourse ing fun.

DJ Hero is good stuff.

Kaso

I firmly stand by my favorite, Beatmania. A DDR is fine too.

Thirdkoopa

Well, Band Hero is really mainly just pop, and it's connected to GH so yeah

DJ Hero is a hit and a miss.

So that leaves it down to GH vs RB: To be honest I think GH takes the cake for me by a slight bit. 1-2 + 80's were all fantastic and had probably some of the best balancing of the series. I think I could put them higher than the others just for being good but that'd be bias. The "band" games, while at least most were not as good as rock band, there were some good ones released that you could get for cheap. To top that, RB2 is only really special to me in it's DLC. While that is an advantage to some players it really isn't all to much for me. Then again to impress with a full band setlist is difficult.

but activision needs to stop whoring it. Thank god they're only doing that with two releases this year.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Custom

Quote from: Third K on March 27, 2010, 02:38:49 PM
Well, Band Hero is really mainly just pop, and it's connected to GH so yeah

DJ Hero is a hit and a miss.

So that leaves it down to GH vs RB: To be honest I think GH takes the cake for me by a slight bit. 1-2 + 80's were all fantastic and had probably some of the best balancing of the series. I think I could put them higher than the others just for being good but that'd be bias. The "band" games, while at least most were not as good as rock band, there were some good ones released that you could get for cheap. To top that, RB2 is only really special to me in it's DLC. While that is an advantage to some players it really isn't all to much for me. Then again to impress with a full band setlist is difficult.

but activision needs to stop whoring it. Thank god they're only doing that with two releases this year.

1 + 2 + 80's was harmonix.
I think you meant to say Rock Band.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Custom on March 27, 2010, 03:17:21 PM
1 + 2 + 80's was harmonix.
I think you meant to say Rock Band.
I know that but they still count under Guitar Hero - Smash Hits is like the biggest reminder ever of that.

Though if I was to rate best developer of the two I'd say HMX. Neversoft is still good in my book but makes dumb choices more often.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

I guess Rock Band. I own none of the choices and have only played Guitar Hero and Rock Band, and I didn't find anything different between the two experiences. Timing button presses on a plastic instrument to songs I'm unfamiliar with.

Also, "Instrument of choice" is the correct title.

Magnum

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 27, 2010, 06:08:03 PM
I guess Rock Band. I own none of the choices and have only played Guitar Hero and Rock Band, and I didn't find anything different between the two experiences. Timing button presses on a plastic instrument to songs I'm unfamiliar with.

Also, "Instrument of choice" is the correct title.
Not my fault my grandpa doesn't have Firefox to tell me when I screw up.

The Riddler

Quote from: Magnum on March 27, 2010, 08:25:17 PM
Not my fault my grandpa doesn't have Firefox to tell me when I screw up.
You can edit the title.

Magnum

Quote from: Rosencrantz on March 27, 2010, 08:28:31 PM
You can edit the title.

Eh, don't feel like it. And I actually just figured out how to do that yesterday.

Custom

Quote from: Third K on March 27, 2010, 03:19:21 PM
I know that but they still count under Guitar Hero - Smash Hits is like the biggest reminder ever of that.

Though if I was to rate best developer of the two I'd say HMX. Neversoft is still good in my book but makes dumb choices more often.

Smash Hits is the biggest reminder that expert+ charts suck. :(

RX-78-2

I'm a bit biased toward the Guitar Hero series, so that takes first place because they made GH5 look nice and you can stream songs. Also, the drums charts are better (I don't know about Expert+) as well as the controllers (for basic 1st party stuff). The Rock Band series is a close second because of awesome DLC and some other bells and whistles. RB controllers are not good though.

I've never played Band Hero or Lego Rock Band because the family stuff is dumb. As for DJ Hero, I'm not sure about it, but it's been recommended that I play it.

I'm not going to vote though because GH is just *this much* better, rather than enough to deserve a vote over RB.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************