News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

A New Game, or Melee Online?

Started by Magnum, May 04, 2010, 07:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

Everyone complains about how much better melee is, but a choose is ahead of you now. What would you choose between the two, a completely new game, which you don't know much about besides the new characters, or a release of Melee with online?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

The Riddler

"rawr rawr melee was da perfect game dat and online NOW intercourse  brawl brawl sucks"

I'd take the new game. Melee isn't the perfect game.

DededeCloneChris

New game, of course. I only care if I'm having fun playing the game. That's supposed to be the main reason behind all SSB games, and Brawl is a blast.

THEBIRD

new game. they can fix their issues and make it even better than Melee.

Rayquarian

I'd rather have the new game.  Actually, I'd be fine if Brawl could improve its online.  But then again, it's probably my slow internet that's the problem.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on May 04, 2010, 10:07:52 AM
New game, of course. I only care if I'm having fun playing the game. That's supposed to be the main reason behind all SSB games, and Brawl is a blast.

Depster

Brawl is a good game in the offline tourney scene.  If it had amazing online with zero lag it would instantly be accepted by a lot of people.  All the game really needs is a little balancing and hitstun though.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

arachnid

l   l              l   l                                       l    l            l    l
                                                              \   i             i   /
                                                               \\ \          /  //
                                                                \\  \ [  ] /  //
                                                                   \\[{ }]//
                                                               //--{[[ ]]}--\\
                                                             //  //  [{}] \\  \\
                                                            //  // {{[]}} \\  \\
                                                           //  // ({[[0]]}) \\ \\
                                                           ii   ll (({{0}}))  ll  ii
                                                           ii   ll  \({{}})/  ll  ii
                                                            l   l    \({})/     l   l
                                                                      \---/

Zero

Quote from: Depster on May 05, 2010, 08:08:18 PM
Brawl is a good game in the offline tourney scene.

No, it isn't.

A game that's ruled by two characters, camping, and chain grabbing isn't exactly what I'd call "good".

The only thing you can do to avoid an instant KO from this is to not get grabbed in the first place. Sure you can DI and PRAY that it works, but it probably won't and you're probably going to get KO'd.

Cornwad

Lots of games have infinites, it's no big deal. I know I would play Smash Bros a helluva lot more if Nintendo knew how to create a decent online system.

Zero

Quote from: Cornwad on May 10, 2010, 03:51:20 AM
Lots of games have infinites, it's no big deal. I know I would play Smash Bros a helluva lot more if Nintendo knew how to create a decent online system.

Infinites in MvC2 can be interupted and can be difficult to perform. Infinites in Melee require precise accuracy.

Chain grabs in Brawl however, are so unimaginably easy to perform and there is nothing you can do to counteract them. It's complete bullpoop to lose to crap like that. The Brawl community is also hypocritical.

If you use them you have no skill. If you don't use them, you get chain grabbed. Regardless of the fact that other games have them, its still complete asshattery.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on May 10, 2010, 04:50:25 AM
Infinites in MvC2 can be interupted and can be difficult to perform. Infinites in Melee require precise accuracy.

Chain grabs in Brawl however, are so unimaginably easy to perform and there is nothing you can do to counteract them. It's complete bullpoop to lose to crap like that. The Brawl community is also hypocritical.

If you use them you have no skill. If you don't use them, you get chain grabbed. Regardless of the fact that other games have them, its still complete asshattery.
Oh well, just don't be so cheap with an infinite, then. Problem solved.

Zero

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on May 10, 2010, 06:06:28 AM
Oh well, just don't be so cheap with an infinite, then. Problem solved.

Problem is the brawl tournament scene is like I said earlier, ruled by:

MK and Snake
Camping
Chain Grabs

Though to be fair, chain grabs can help a lesser character win over an MK or a Snake.

I don't really have much of a problem with it other than the fact that it brings back the point that pretty much every Melee fag makes: Brawl is probably the most unbalanced game ever made.

Anyways, original topic: Melee Online would be fun, yeah, but I'd rather have a new game.

arachnid

Quote from: Zero on May 10, 2010, 04:19:26 PM
Problem is the brawl tournament scene is like I said earlier, ruled by:

MK and Snake
Camping
Chain Grabs

Though to be fair, chain grabs can help a lesser character win over an MK or a Snake.

I don't really have much of a problem with it other than the fact that it brings back the point that pretty much every Melee fag makes: Brawl is probably the most unbalanced game ever made.

Anyways, original topic: Melee Online would be fun, yeah, but I'd rather have a new game.

Other than being cheep with chain grabs do you have anything against snake as a character? because next to Zelda he is my best character.
l   l              l   l                                       l    l            l    l
                                                              \   i             i   /
                                                               \\ \          /  //
                                                                \\  \ [  ] /  //
                                                                   \\[{ }]//
                                                               //--{[[ ]]}--\\
                                                             //  //  [{}] \\  \\
                                                            //  // {{[]}} \\  \\
                                                           //  // ({[[0]]}) \\ \\
                                                                      \---/

arachnid

What annoys you more the lag on SMBB or the people who have gotten completely used to the lag and beat the crap out of everyone else?
                                                              \   i             i   /
                                                               \\ \          /  //
                                                                \\  \ [  ] /  //
                                                                   \\[{ }]//
                                                               //--{[[ ]]}--\\
                                                             //  //  [{}] \\  \\
                                                            //  // {{[]}} \\  \\
                                                           //  // ({[[0]]}) \\ \\
                                                                      \---/