News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Least favorite Mario game

Started by SkyMyl, May 29, 2010, 07:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnfs2014

SML is a nice pick up and play game if you're bored. I mean, there are no plot twists, but you get what you pay for.

As for me, I would say.....Super Mario Bros. 2 (English). I don't hate the game, I just have never really enjoyed it. Plus, no jumping on stuff and killing it. :(

SkyMyl

Quote from: Gwen Khan on June 03, 2010, 09:59:50 AM
huh? not really
Then again, it's been years since I've played Super Mario Land 2, so there's a greater chance I could be wrong.

JrDude

QuoteSunshine hatin'
I don't see why FLUDD would ruin any gameplay, the games come out so far apart that you could beat the game twice and take a long ass break and have to get used to any Mario controls all over again (not hard to). Though maybe that's just me, one who plays, beats, then leaves it to get dusty 'till... years(?) or months (maybe?) later to start over.

QuoteThe Thousand Year Door
I liked it's originality with Rougeport, but I will admit when I first played I didn't like the sewers very much, got me all confused, but I got used to it.

QuoteSuper Paper Mario
I think the only reason I didn't like this game is because it was Paper Mario, and Paper Mario was an RPG, if it were a new type of Mario, or just regular Mario, then the game may have seemed more decent. I liked the game but in comparison to the other Paper Mario games, it was intercourse ing awful.

[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

lol @ getting confused by the sewers in Rogueport.

Seriously if you got confused there then you got confused at the sewers in Toad Town in the first game. The games are like "beginner" RPG's and nothing about them is difficult.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 03, 2010, 08:01:01 PM
lol @ getting confused by the sewers in Rogueport.

Seriously if you got confused there then you got confused at the sewers in Toad Town in the first game. The games are like "beginner" RPG's and nothing about them is difficult.
Actually I went in once in the Paper Mario 64 and never went back until it was required to my first run playing. In fact, the sewer's existence completely slipped my mind for a long ass time then and I got stuck on what to do on the second to last chapter.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Yeah, sewers have generally been one of the worst parts about Paper Mario games.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on June 03, 2010, 12:08:06 PM
I think SML is exactly what a game boy game should be, quick easy fun without worring about story or anything. Last year I played it after I was finished with finals, and it was pretty great.
In b4 pokemon, Mother 3, zelda...

Zero

Quote from: Cornwad on June 04, 2010, 03:34:23 AM
Yeah, sewers have generally been one of the worst parts about Paper Mario games.

God its like you guys are mentally handicapped.

Cornwad

They're not just confusing, they're ugly to look at. Sewers aren't exactly known for their scenery.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 04, 2010, 11:31:02 AM
God its like you guys are mentally handicapped.
You're probably thinking of it now rather than when you first played. It's not like I was like "OSHI I'M LOST" (though that did happen one time, I didn't understand what the Pit of 100 Trials was, even after I read the sign, I thought it would never end... [teleporter guy had me skip the 10 spots a few times and I didn't know badges were on every 10th]), more like "woops, went the wrong way again, just like last chapter" easy fix but yeah.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Spud

I wasn't too fond of Super Mario Land...

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 04, 2010, 03:13:45 PM
You're probably thinking of it now rather than when you first played. It's not like I was like "OSHI I'M LOST" (though that did happen one time, I didn't understand what the Pit of 100 Trials was, even after I read the sign, I thought it would never end... [teleporter guy had me skip the 10 spots a few times and I didn't know badges were on every 10th]), more like "woops, went the wrong way again, just like last chapter" easy fix but yeah.

Uh no I'm thinking of it how it is, and how simple it is. You have two options most of the time throughout those sewers, sometimes a third which is almost always a pipe which you can return from if you reach a dead end or whatever. It isn't difficult to navigate either sewer.

@Cornwad: Well no poop, you do realize you're nitpicking right? You're faulting the sewer parts of the game because sewers themselves are supposed to be ugly? lol They're pretty well designed, and the first one had the Blooper bosses which were moderately fun fights.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 10, 2010, 09:14:12 PM
and the first one had the Blooper bosses which were moderately fun fights.
Second had one, I was disappointed that there was only one though.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Mine would be the PM games. They're RPG Lite, I don't like the art style, and they're not half as amusing as the M+L games. D:

Zero

Quote from: Tito on June 11, 2010, 01:42:29 PM
Mine would be the PM games. They're RPG Lite, I don't like the art style, and they're not half as amusing as the M+L games. D:

No soul much? lol