News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Mario Kart

Started by Lotos, May 31, 2010, 10:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Ok, let's discuss my personal favorite racing series.

Let's start by ranking them in the order of favoritism and a sentence why we feel that way:

Mario Kart 64
>> This one defined my childhood.  Royal Raceway was my favorite course.
Mario Kart DS
>> The first one with online, defined my middle school experience.
Mario Kart Wii
>> Haven't gotten around to beating it, but it was pretty fun.
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
>> A little frustrating.  Nice music though.
Double Dash
>> Eh, didn't get too much into this one.
Super Circuit
>> I sucked at it and it did not have battling I don't think.

Mystic

Mario Kart Wii
-Wheel, online, bikes

Mario Kart Double Dash!!
-2 riders, badass karts, badass tracks

Mario Kart DS

Mario Kart 64
-Solid game

Super Mario Kart
-Meh

Mario Kart Super Circuit
-Barely ever played, so can't really rank it. Don't like the courses.

Red

Mario Kart 64.
~One of the absolute best games of all time. Great music, fun to play, awesome stages. What more can you ask for? I played it all the time back in the day, and still do on occasion.

Mario Kart DS
~C'mon. Everyone loves this game. Definitive title of the DS anyone?

Wii
~I had a hard time deciding between this and DS for #2. This game is great, the motion controls work well, and it's by far the best online on Wii.

Double Dash
~Did not like it. The maps were cool, but I didn't like the double concept.

I haven't played the one for the SNES or Super Circuit. But from what I hear the one for the SNES is pretty good.

Cornwad

My favorite is DS, Double Dash is pretty great, N64 is good for nostalgic value, and Wii is really sloppy and I don't like it that much.

Zero

My favorite is Super Mario Kart. It has the best music by far, in addition to being the most simplistic, and for a kart racing game simple is good. Plus I love the Feather power up. It gives you access to many shortcuts and helps you dodge enemy fire.

My 2nd favorite is probably Double Dash. The Co-op on the game is incredibly fun and it definitely had some of the best tracks, also, the character specific specials were pretty neat. The Bomomb Blast battle mode was intercourse ing kick ass.

3rd is DS, but snaking was and still is full of faggotry, the online was terrible and not worth it in the slightest. Every time I tried playing online with the game I found myself quitting and going off to play WoW or Halo 2 because the online experiences both games provided at the time were far superior. I loved how they reused old tracks though.

4th is Mario Kart 64. I loved this game back in the day but having bought it again and played it recently I just don't have much fun with this game anymore. I just drift back to Super.(ha...drift)

5th is Wii. Its definitely a good game, just inferior to the rest of the games. I agree that it feels a bit sloppy. Bikes ruined the kart aspect of the game for me.

6th is Super Circuit. The game is good but I never got all that into it.

Macawmoses

I'll talk about one at the moment...Mario Kart DS.

In my opinion, it's the best in the series. The blend of old and new was perfect, the controls were tight, and the omgwtf online was omgwtf. DS really was a prime example of what good craftmanship could bring the ds.

Kayo

In no specific order... actually, chronological order:

1. Super Mario Kart - the first, obviously. Music was nice, tracks were flat and boring, but you couldn't expect much from them at the time.

2. Mario Kart 64 - Yes, childhood memories. I remember loving the absolutely long Rainbow Road, with all the characters made of lights floating in space. Music was more of a background thing than in any other game, meaning there was no way most of the music could stand alone. But it was still nice. Courses were cool, i specifically remember the weird maze of Yoshi Valley. Some of the courses were too far-fetched to be re-created in future games, though. Examples:
Kalamari Desert.. the train thing was awful.
Yoshi Valley.. too many different paths. Couldn't tell who was in first place.
Wario Stadium.. Hideously long, and some of the constant updownupdownupdown was tiresome.
Don't get me wrong though, I loved a lot of them. I did love Yoshi Valley with all the different roads, and Banshee Boardwalk.. I loved that course. The childhood memories, which come back upon even hearing the game's music made me love this game.

3. Mario Kart Super Circuit - was a step back from MK64. Returned to SNES-style graphics and tracks. I grew up with this game as well, so the nostalgia comes with this game too. I liked the amount of tracks: 20 (plus 20 SNES tracks) even though some were annoying. Some interesting things such as Cheese Land or Ribbon Road, would have been amazing in a future game where tracks didn't have to be flat. The number of shortcuts you could take by using a mushroom on a ramp and getting an extreme jump was overwhelming, but fun. The only reason I really still like this game was the cheap shortcuts you can make with it. :3

4. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - LOVED THIS ONE, the courses were amazing (though only 16 of them was disappointing), I really enjoyed pretty much every course here, like Bowser's Castle, DK Mountain, Rainbow Road, Dino Dino Jungle, Wario Colosseum, Mushroom City.. I could go on and on about this. Good selection of characters, and interesting karts and stuff. Probably my favorite of the series, discounting MKWii, which I play the most due to the competition of ghost races, etc. being higher than any other game. And wheelies and bikes and tricks are fun in Time Trials, but defeat the karting aspect of the game. I would love more MKDD courses to be available in future games, since they were probably my favorite out of all the game courses, next to a few MKWii courses.

5. Mario Kart DS - Characters, tracks were okay. Online was ruined by snaking, (:|) and the graphics were somewhat disappointing. (Drive up to any given obstacle, such as a tree. The object is flat and 2-dimensional.) The Dry Bomber and Banisher will still remain two of my favorite karts ever. However, I can't make anything else notable of this game, other than the introduction of the Retro Cup (which I still like.)

6. Mario Kart Wii - Best Courses, on par with MKDD. Some of the best looking karts, but with the worst performances. Actually, there's only a few of the karts that are original enough for me to like.. such as the Blooper, Piranha Prowler, etc. but the online play again is a little too competitive. But I'm never satisfied with online play. Overall good game. It's no MKDD, but it's good nonetheless. Oh, one more thing. My favorite character selection. One thing missing: Petey Piranha. I liked him. Also Paratroopa, even though he was only made to be a partner for Koopa Trooper. But the addition of Funky Kong and the ability to race as Miis made this my favorite character set ever.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Java

It's very difficult for me to rank the Mario Kart games.

I'll just separate the games into three categories: Love, Like, and Dislike.

1. LOVE
- Mario Kart 64
- Double Dash
- Mario Kart DS
- Mario Kart Wii

2. LIKE
- Super Mario Kart

3. DISLIKE
- Mario Kart Super Circuit

Kayo

Wow, everyone seems to be hating on MKSC.

If it wasn't for the fact that I used to play that when I was younger, I probably wouldn't like it so much. :/
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Mario Kart 64 is the epitome of awesome.
Mario Kart SNES was amazing, you can't deny it.
Mario Kart DS was good, except for intercourse ing snakers.
Mario Kart: Double Dash was amazing when it came out, but recently I can't get into it. It's controls are so sloppy.
Mario Kart Wii: Played maybe one race of it. Don't have a Wii.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 22, 2010, 08:24:58 PM
Mario Kart 64 is the epitome of awesome.
Mario Kart SNES was amazing, you can't deny it.
Mario Kart DS was good, except for intercourse ing snakers.
Mario Kart: Double Dash was amazing when it came out, but recently I can't get into it. It's controls are so sloppy.
Mario Kart Wii: Played maybe one race of it. Don't have a Wii.
snaking was part of the game sir. Don't knock it because we beat you down.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Mace on June 04, 2010, 07:14:00 PM
I'll talk about one at the moment...Mario Kart DS.

In my opinion, it's the best in the series. The blend of old and new was perfect, the controls were tight, and the omgwtf online was omgwtf. DS really was a prime example of what good craftmanship could bring the ds.
Hey look someone actually got it right in this thread.

Yeah, I'd say MKDS is my favorite as well. At least I can say DD follows closely behind it in second place.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"