News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Favorite coin finding?

Started by darkmario, June 08, 2010, 03:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkmario

Do you prefer finding 8 hidden, or hard to reach coins throughout a level?
Do you prefer finding 240(was it 240? I can't remember) in semi hard places throughout the game?
Or do you prefer finding 100 easy-to-spot purple coins, in a timed, difficult level?

I liked the purple coins, they added a fun twist to a good level(usually).
Blue coins were just to tedious for me.
Red coins comes in second to the purple coins.

JrDude

240? wha?
If you're talking about Mario 64, it was 100 coins, whether they were yellow (1) red (2) or blue (5), just get to 100.

Though if you're talking about random blue coins activated by hitting a button, those were fun but weren't required for anything.
[move][/move]
Dude .

SkyMyl

Some of the Purple Coin stars were a ninny to get in Galaxy (Luigi's Purple Coins), but I personally like that method of coin collecting best. Getting all the hidden Blue Coins in Sunshine, however, can BURN IN HELL.

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 08, 2010, 06:08:04 PM
240? wha?
Galaxy 2. Spoilers: It's 120 hidden stars, not 240.

JrDude

Fuck
Well luckily I didn't quote your post so I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

And I forgot the Sunshine Blue coin thing, that was dumb, it should have just been like a Piece of Heart, except Piece of Star, or maybe silver stars?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

The Blue coins in sunshine were bullpoop.
The purple coins in Galaxy 1 and 2 were kind of easy. It's not the exploration factor, it's either being absurdly precise (miss one or you die!: Battlerock Galaxy or Dreadnaut Galaxy. UGH), finding the best route because of some arbitrary time limit (Luigi's Purple Coins), or just a general grindfest.

I liked the 100 coins in Mario 64 the best. It took some time, required you to explore the level, but it wasn't impossible. In fact there are only a few that require you to get something in particular (Hazy Maze Cave, I'm looking at your absurdly pointless 100 coins).

The Riddler

Shujinco2

I like Sunshines special 8 red coins challenges, just because they were by far the hardest I've ever played.

It took me forever to actually do them.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Nayrman on June 09, 2010, 02:37:22 PM
I liked the 100 coins in Mario 64 the best. It took some time, required you to explore the level, but it wasn't impossible. In fact there are only a few that require you to get something in particular (Hazy Maze Cave, I'm looking at your absurdly pointless 100 coins).
This. I didn't finish Super Mario Galaxy or its sequel, so I don't know much about them.

I really liked getting all the yellow coins in Super Mario 64 though. It wasn't that hard and it was fun. The red coins were pretty cool and fun too.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************