<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Started by Lotos, June 15, 2010, 10:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 22, 2010, 08:08:29 PM
Let's post something a little more substantial:

I've been dying for this for ages. Sure, I wanted a sequel to DK64, but this will absolutely do just fine. I loved DKC, I loved DKC2, and I loved DKC3. I've 100+% Completed Each game, and I love the characters more than any other recent DK character. Diddy is one of my favorites of all time.

That said, I'm wondering if DK and Diddy will be the only two playable, and if Dixie will make an appearance? Maybe Kiddie, as well.

Shit would be so cash.
I was just about to ask the exact same thing.
I think both Dixie and Kiddy would make a great addition.
Along with the return of the animal buddies.

But all in all, I'm really hoping to see "all" of the animal buddies make a comeback.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Riddler

Quote from: ElvenWonder on June 22, 2010, 08:34:21 PM
I was just about to ask the exact same thing.
I think both Dixie and Kiddy would make a great addition.
Along with the return of the animal buddies.

But all in all, I'm really hoping to see "all" of the animal buddies make a comeback.
I would  be insanely upset if the animal buddies don't make an appearance.

At the very least, Rambi, Enguarde, Squawks, Expresso, Winky, and Squitter. Bonus points for Rattly and Ellie.

Cornwad

I wouldn't get your hopes up. From the looks of things Retro is trying to distance itself as far away from the DKC games as they can while still letting it have the 'feel' of a DKC game. I'd expect animal buddies, but new ones like in Jungle Beat.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 22, 2010, 08:44:12 PM
I would  be insanely upset if the animal buddies don't make an appearance.

At the very least, Rambi, Enguarde, Squawks, Expresso, Winky, and Squitter. Bonus points for Rattly and Ellie.
Don't forget about Parry.
I know he wasn't very liked by a few people, but I found him to be a pretty good addition to the series.
He even made the list as one of my favorites.

All of the items he rewarded you with once passing the no animal sign were substantial.
He was also able to reach unreachable objects that the kongs alone couldn't collect, and even assisted me a lot with my jumping priorities, lol.

Quote from: Cornwad on June 22, 2010, 08:53:30 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up. From the looks of things Retro is trying to distance itself as far away from the DKC games as they can while still letting it have the 'feel' of a DKC game. I'd expect animal buddies, but new ones like in Jungle Beat.
LOL. Like the Wildebeest.
Was he supposed to be a replacement for Rambi?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Cornwad

Quote from: ElvenWonder on June 22, 2010, 08:55:18 PM
LOL. Like the Wildebeest.
Was he supposed to be a replacement for Rambi?
Don't forget the squirrel and the whale. I really don't understand why Nintendo seems to be doing everything in its power to destroy all positive memories of Rare. Cranky better still be in this.

The Riddler

Cranky will be. They put Dixie and Tiny in DKR:DS, and Funky Kong was in MK:Wii. They don't wanna forget these characters.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Cornwad on June 22, 2010, 09:08:53 PM
Don't forget the squirrel and the whale. I really don't understand why Nintendo seems to be doing everything in its power to destroy all positive memories of Rare. Cranky better still be in this.
Unless they do what they did with Wrinkly in DK64, and make him pass away as a spirit.
Honestly though, ever since Rare parted with Nintendo, the DK games have gotten a little rusty.
They are still fun in a way, but they aren't what the DK series is all about.

It seems to me that Nintendo cares nothing much about the classics period.

Cornwad

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 22, 2010, 09:13:56 PM
Cranky will be. They put Dixie and Tiny in DKR:DS, and Funky Kong was in MK:Wii. They don't wanna forget these characters.

Well the Kremlings were in Strikers Charged, the DK racing game, and Jungle Climber, but they aren't in the game.

Java

Quote from: ElvenWonder on June 22, 2010, 09:19:04 PM
Unless they do what they did with Wrinkly in DK64, and make him pass away as a spirit.
Honestly though, ever since Rare parted with Nintendo, the DK games have gotten a little rusty.

DK games? What DK games? lol

The Riddler

Quote from: ElvenWonder on June 22, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

You kidding? To me it seems more like they've realized that they need to return to the roots, hence the whole intercourse ing return of DKC.

Quote from: Cornwad on June 22, 2010, 10:14:11 PM
Well the Kremlings were in Strikers Charged, the DK racing game, and Jungle Climber, but they aren't in the game.
Just because we haven't seen them yet doesn't mean they aren't there. Regardless, the fact that they were in those games means Nintendo isn't trying to forget them, further proving my point.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 22, 2010, 10:28:30 PM
You kidding? To me it seems more like they've realized that they need to return to the roots, hence the whole intercourse ing return of DKC.
Just because we haven't seen them yet doesn't mean they aren't there. Regardless, the fact that they were in those games means Nintendo isn't trying to forget them, further proving my point.
LOL. My mistake.
I meant to edit that last line out but forgot.

Quote from: Java on June 22, 2010, 10:26:16 PM
DK games? What DK games? lol
Yeah, you're right, lol.
They shouldn't be called DK "games".

Cornwad

Retro has confirmed in interviews that there are no crocodiles in the game.

I guess that doesn't necessarily include Kremlings, but it pretty much does. The producer also said that he didn't think they needed to bring back the enemies from previous games in another interview.

FruitFlow

Aw, geez.
Well that sucks big time, lol.

I guess K. Rool and his minions are taking a break on this one.

The Riddler

Well, no K. Rool would be a major downside.

Bah ;_;

Cornwad

If I remember correctly, they said that the last boss isn't one of those tikis...

but it isn't a crocodile either.