News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Checking out Wii software...

Started by Tupin, June 16, 2010, 11:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I've been playing my Wii recently after not touching it in months, in anticipation of receiving Galaxy 2 for my birthday. The last good game I played on it was Tatsunoko vs. Capcom in January, and with Epic Yarn not coming out until the holidays, I'm wondering what I should play on this system. Other than Tatsunoko vs. Capcom or any Mario Galaxy, what are some good games I've missed?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Cornwad

Nothing really. The Wii games that I have in my selection of games that I play often are Galaxy 2, Metroid Trilogy, Tatsunoko, and Smash Bros. Those are pretty much the best Wii games.

Neerb

Everything Cornwad listed, especially Smash Bros. Plus:

Conduit's alright, although 2 comes out this holiday.
Red Steel 2 looks pretty good.
My friend raves that Monster Hunter Tri is great.
Twilight Princess is good if you like Zelda and you don't already have it for Gamecube.
Mario Kart Wii is fun if you don't already own any other 3D Mario Karts.
Super Paper Mario, while not a real Paper Mario game, was fun and hilarious.
And while it may sound too casual, Wii Sports Resort is actually pretty fun at times.

And of course, the VC abounds in great games.

Macawmoses

Monster Hunter Tri is great. Another one that's surprisingly good is The Munchables. It's a little old, it's kiddy, but it's a namco property that is decent. I'd also like to throw Cursed Mountain into the mix...it's cheap now, and really a unique horror game.

Tupin

I'll have to check out Monster Hunter Tri.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Spud

I heard Monster Hunter Tri was good, but I have yet to look into it. I've played Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and thought it was good, but since the PSP lacks the second thumbstick, the camera controls were mapped to the d-pad making it a pain to control. Hopefully that won't be a problem here.

SkyMyl

I've heard good things about Monster Hunter Tri. Haven't tried Red Steel 2 yet, but I've heard it's decent, if not good.

FruitFlow

You can also journey back to the past and play some GC games.
At least that's what I do when I want to put the wii games to rest for a while.

But if you're only looking to play wii games, then the stuff everyone else list is alright.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Macawmoses

Getting the cube wiimakes.... they're all stellar. Resident Evil 4 is the best of the best, but even something like Mario tennis works well.