News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Transformers: War for Cybertron

Started by Neerb, June 23, 2010, 06:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

It came out yesterday. Does anyone already have it? Does anyone intend to buy it?

I REALLY want to get this game, but I fear that my money should be saved for the Nintendo explosion of late 2010-early 2011... What do you guys think of it?

SkyMyl

...the game's out already?

Well poop. I actually haven't been keeping tabs on it since it was announced.

Tupin

It's awesome. I rented it, and it's the best licensed game I've played since Arkham Asylum.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Macawmoses

Everyone I talk to says it is darn decent. I'm wary of it, however, as Transformers is one of the most tarnished licenses in gaming, in my opinion. I'll wait til a friend has/rents it for judgment.

Cornwad

My friend got it. He said it's Call of Duty with giant robots and is therefore a pretty awesome game. I'll have to try to get my hands on it.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Mace on June 23, 2010, 03:49:53 PM
Everyone I talk to says it is darn decent. I'm wary of it, however, as Transformers is one of the most tarnished licenses in gaming, in my opinion. I'll wait til a friend has/rents it for judgment.
It's great. I don't particularly care for the rest of the recent Transformers... anything, but this game is awesome.

I've played the Demo, and it IS like Call Of Duty with robots. Of course, with a Demo, there isn't much to choose from, but it's still great.

DededeCloneChris

Wait, the era where cartoon-based video games are actually very good has come?

Neerb

I bought Transformers today. It's sick nasty awesome, yo. I wouldn't call it "Call of Duty with robots," but it's unquestionably a third person shooter, and a good one at that. I was previously wondering why someone would want a Tank transformation, since cars would be faster and you already have a ton of powerful guns. I now know why: it blows the Well of All Sparks out of whatever idiotic bot attempts to take it head on, and as such it can be disgustingly monstrous in narrow-yet-obstacless corridors. Jet's are sweet too, obviously, although I haven't played as a truck yet and I'm not seeing a whole lot of love for the car.

Story-wise, the game's pretty interesting; the first two levels show how [spoiler]Starscream[/spoiler] joins the Decepticons, for example. As for multi-player... haven't gotten there yet, but there's some nice create-a-characters stuff at any rate.

Cornwad

It's definitely 3rd person robot Call of Duty. You get to choose your three bonuses, you get to select custom weapons, and if you level up enough you get the Prime mode, which is a whole lot like another Pr---e mode. It's also published by Activision. Of course, that isn't a bad thing.

Neerb

It has health grenades. HEALTH GRENADES. This is awesome.

My biggest complaint so far is probably that, like the final battle of Bay's first movie, the whole screen is one big metallic shine. Granted, it looks nice, but when you have twenty metal people turning into metal cars and metal tanks and metal jets flying around a metal building in a metal city on a metal planet, it sometimes gets hard to see the metal guns you're trying to find on the metal ground.

Oh yeah, and lack of split-screen. That always ticks me off; do these people really think that people who like to play games don't have fellow gamer friends in real life? Not all of my friends have a PS3, or this game, or even the internet; let them play it with me on my tv, dangit!