Main Menu

NSFCD Olympics: Mario Kart Wii

Started by Rius, June 30, 2010, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

NSFCD Olympics: Mario Kart Wii Tournament
(logo coming)
Board Member: Rius

Greetings, denizens of NSFCD! Welcome to the thread for the Mario Kart Wii Tournament!

Race to the finish! To the winner of the tournament, 100 points! All participants will receive at least 10 points. See the Contest Rules for further details. If you are interested in competing, please reply to this thread with what times are best for you that day.

Mario is without a doubt the icon of all gaming. His senior Pac-Man and his junior Pikachu... neither hold a candle to the most successful video game character of all time. Appearing in over 200 games (excluding cameos) and donning several uniforms, there are few characters in history as prolific as this humble hero. In tribute of The Mario, the NSFCD Olympics features the Mario Kart Wii Tournament.

Contest Rules

1. Eligibility - User must have registered for the NSFCD Olympics.

2. Deadline - All Users who are interested in competing must register for the Tournament by posting their intent to compete in this thread by Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM CST. In order to compete in the tournament, the User must register their team information.

3. Tournament - The Tournament will begin Wednesday, June 30, 2010. At 12:00 AM that day, the official bracket will be posted. If needed, the players will be divided into preliminary brackets. The top players from each bracket will progress to the quarterfinals.

4. Match Reporting - Match results should be reported by both players in the Contest Thread or in #NSFCD_Olympics. If the Board Member is not present in the channel, the results must be posted in the Contest Thread.

5. Prizes - All participating Users will receive Points based on which round they are eliminated from the Tournament.

• Preliminaries - 10 Points
  • Finals - 25 Points
  • 3rd Place - 50 Points
  • 2nd Place - 75 Points
  • 1st Place - 100 Points

6. General Conditions - All Forum Rules and General Conditions of the NSFCD Olympics apply. The Rules of the Tournament are as follows:

• 1. Each round will need a voluntary room host. A host will have my eternal gratitude for accepting this task.
  • 2. In the preliminaries, there will be 3 players per match, with three matches per round.
  • 3. 1st place winner wins 3 points, 2nd place winner wins 2 points, and 3rd place winner wins 1 point. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins.
  • 4. If a player disconnects before the second lap of the first match, the host must restart the room. If this happens more than twice, the host is not obligated to restart the room again.
  • 5. If a player disconnects at the end of the first race, the round must continue.
  • 6. If a player disconnects during any match other than the first, the match will continue and the disconnecting player will be subsidized 1 point. If it is not first match, the host must restart the room and allow the round to proceed.
  • 7. If a host has to leave during the round, then the players will progress based on the results of the matches that have already taken place.
  • 8. The top players in each round will compete in a series of matches equal to the number of players: each player will choose a stage to race on. The same stage may not be picked twice. The stage order will be determined randomly and every player is obligated to choose the correct match location.
  • 9. Players in the finals will amass points according to place; the awarded points will reflect those found in offline mode for a Grand Prix.

Rius

Bracket. If you are interested in competing, please post in this thread.

Spud

I'm playing. I should still have the game around here somewhere.

Kayo

Well, this intercourse ing sucks. My internet connection sucks, and I was hoping I could get points for amazing time trial times but I guess not.

I'll try, but I probably won't be able to. ;_;
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

SkyMyl

Quote from: Rius on June 30, 2010, 10:06:24 AM
2. Deadline - All Users who are interested in competing must register for the Tournament by posting their intent to compete in this thread by Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM CST.

3. Tournament - The Tournament will begin Wednesday, June 30, 2010. At 12:00 AM that day, the official bracket will be posted.
It's June 30th right now, on the day this topic was made. No one is able to register for the tournament.

...jokes aside, sign me up, now that my Wii is repaired.

The Riddler

Glad I don't have a Wii and can't play in this one either.

Rius

Alright guys, I want to get this started within the next hour if it's fine with you all. Sorry, I forgot to post the time.

SkyMyl

>match starts within the hour
>thread was just posted today
>three people are interested

Rius

More than enough for me. 3 people is actually quite a turnout on this forum. Unless people would rather have it tomorrow during the Nuzlocke contest.

SkyMyl

Whichever you think is better, dude. I can participate tomorrow and soon. I just thought...you know, we'd have more participants and more time to sign in.

DededeCloneChris

I agree. This was so sudden that fewer people showed up. I suggest that this tourney should be held later.

JrDude

I want to, but can't today, unless it's tonight and I remember. I remembered last time (SSBB), so I don't think I'll forget.
I'd be here by 10-11PM (Pacific time), so yeah.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

FruitFlow

I would love to participate in this.
Do I still have time to sign up for the Olympics or is it too late?
I read the qualifications and I appear to be eligible.

But that's only for you to decide.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."