News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Xbox 360-S

Started by The Riddler, July 03, 2010, 01:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

or the unofficial name "Slim".

How do you all feel about the new system?

I've got mine on pre-order, and I'm paying nothing for the system. Trading in System+Controller, 2 extra wireless controllers, two 20 gig HDDs, wireless adapter, and a memory card, +10% from my edge card, and am not paying a dime for it. :3

I like the new system. It's nicer to look at for one, the built in memory is 210 more gigs than I had, the wireless is stronger, it's less likely to overheat, and it's quieter. I'll likely never get a Kinect, but it's nice to know I won't have to pay for an adapter either.

Zero

Gamestop is taking a while to get mine in

I'm getting frustrated with all this waiting.

Silverhawk79

Just don't move it while it's running.
It's hilarious that Nintendo managed to avoid this problem, yet Microsoft can't, even with a hardware revision!

The Riddler

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on July 03, 2010, 10:39:06 PM
Just don't move it while it's running.
It's hilarious that Nintendo managed to avoid this problem, yet Microsoft can't, even with a hardware revision!
I'm pretty sure it's a problem they just didn't care to solve. Xbox uses a tray, Nintendo and Sony get inserted right into the system.

If you're dumb enough to move the system while it's running, you deserve to have your game destroyed.
It's probably best to leave this punishment implemented.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Detective Conan on July 03, 2010, 11:01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a problem they just didn't care to solve. Xbox uses a tray, Nintendo and Sony get inserted right into the system.

If you're dumb enough to move the system while it's running, you deserve to have your game destroyed.
It's probably best to leave this punishment implemented.
Yeah, but it's a pretty easy fix.

The Riddler

Yeah. By not using a tray. But that's a part of their design.

Let intercourse tards destroy their games.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Detective Conan on July 04, 2010, 12:38:17 PM
Yeah. By not using a tray. But that's a part of their design.

Let intercourse tards destroy their games.
My laptop doesn't destroy discs when I move it while something's being read.
Disks?
Discs?

The Riddler

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on July 04, 2010, 12:42:55 PM
My laptop doesn't destroy discs when I move it while something's being read.
Disks?
Discs?
Discs. Disks are those square things.

SkyMyl

I'm indifferent. I don't really feel like buying an Xbox 360 anymore, and I honestly don't like the way the Slim looks.

Neerb

On the disc-scratching thing, sometimes it's comforting to know that if SOMEONE ELSE knocks over the console, it won't tear it to shreds instantaneously. It's not always a matter of "Hey, I think I'll flip the console over while I'm playing."

Anyway, after the total bs that was red ring, I'm not buying another 360 no matter how slim they get; I don't appreciate a company who waits five or four years to even try to come up with a way to avoid such an extremely large hardware issue and then finally just says "Alright, here's a slimmer one that might not mess up; that'll be $300 please." I'm content with my Wii, DS, and PS3 which have never had such issues.

Level_9_Chao

I'm accumulating points on Lockerz until I can get one for free (or sub-50 bucks, anyway), so I should be getting one within a month if I go fast.

I'm hoping the 360 will still be around for a few more years, cuz there's several games I really want, and I barely use my Wii.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Light

There's nothing wrong with my current 360; why get a new one?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

The Riddler

Quote from: Light on July 05, 2010, 04:00:15 PM
If you get a trade in deal like this, why not? :3

Zero

^Pretty much. It's the main reason I'm trading mine in.

Though to be fair, Wi-Fi and HDMI is a nice plus. I had the 2007 model without HDMI. Sort of irritating.

The Seventh

Quote from: Light on July 05, 2010, 04:00:15 PM
Same here.  In fact, I might want to keep mine a bit longer-it's an older limited edition Halo3 one.
Quote from: Riddler on July 05, 2010, 04:21:10 PM
If you get a trade in deal like this, why not? :3
Erm, read above.  I want to see if I can get it to last a while longer.
meh