News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

So I'm thinking about getting Final Fantasy...

Started by Neerb, July 26, 2010, 10:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

I've NEVER played a Final Fantasy game before, not even a 5 minute demo, but I'm considering getting one just to at least see what it's like. Because I prefer 3D over sprites and they're fairly cheap ($10), I've decided that I'd want either 7, 8, or 9 from Playstation Network.

Can anyone here suggest which of these three you think I should get?

jnfs2014

If you want overrated but great FF, you'll get FF7.

If you want a more lovestory like plot and such, along with one-shotting bosses, you'll get FF8.

If you want classic classes from the NES era with 3D and plot, then you'll get FF9.

Take your pick.

Shujinco2

6 AND 4!

BEST ONES OF ALL

Also, I've never played 7 8 or 9, so don't ask me.

All I know is, FF6 is one of my favorite games of all time. EVER!

Neerb

SkyMyl

Quote from: Barbaloot on July 27, 2010, 10:44:33 AM
All I know is, FF6 is one of my favorite games of all time. EVER!
I swear that you were the person who thought F6 was the worst in the series, the only other game you played being FF4.

But yeah, Final Fantasy IV, VI, and IX are my recommended ones. I personally love VIII, but you may not feel the same.

Shujinco2

Quote from: SkyMyl on July 27, 2010, 02:27:08 PM
I swear that you were the person who thought F6 was the worst in the series, the only other game you played being FF4.

But yeah, Final Fantasy IV, VI, and IX are my recommended ones. I personally love VIII, but you may not feel the same.
Uh... no.

I've always loved both games, despite ever beating only one of them. I should get on that, btw...

Neerb

Just bought Final Fantasy VII, if only so I could say I've played Square's Ocarina of Time. I must say, I did NOT expect this much language in the game; I can't go 5 minutes without someone cursing someone else out. And why are "Jesus" and "God" expletives in this game? Do they have the Bible in Midgar?

It is fun so far, though, and I'm liking the story and characters; right now I'm at the point where Cloud and Aeris are heading from Aeris' house to Tifa's bar.

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 27, 2010, 06:55:33 PM
Just bought Final Fantasy VII, if only so I could say I've played Square's Ocarina of Time. I must say, I did NOT expect this much language in the game; I can't go 5 minutes without someone cursing someone else out. And why are "Jesus" and "God" expletives in this game? Do they have the Bible in Midgar?

It is fun so far, though, and I'm liking the story and characters; right now I'm at the point where Cloud and Aeris are heading from Aeris' house to Tifa's bar.
I really hope you're not nitpicking that poop.
Barrett and[spoiler] Cid[/spoiler] are rough characters, they swear alot. Wait until [spoiler]Cid's kitchen.[/spoiler]
Jesus and God just add to that.

Neerb

It won't ruin the whole game for me; I just don't regularly play games with that much cursing, so it's taken me by surprise. I wasn't really expecting this series to curse at Infamous level.

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 27, 2010, 11:03:39 PM
It won't ruin the whole game for me; I just don't regularly play games with that much cursing, so it's taken me by surprise. I wasn't really expecting this series to curse at Infamous level.
It's not cursing that much. And they censor most of it out.

DededeCloneChris

I'll recommend stuff:

If you want to play a classic, FFI.
If you want to be confused at how to make your characters stronger, FFII.
If you want to raise your characters in a fun way, FFIII DS.
If you want to play a gem of a game, FFIV Advance or DS.
If you want to play something a bit basic and obscure, FFV Advance.
If you want to play the pinnacle of Final Fantasies, FFVI Advance.
If you want to see a fun but otherwise overrated game, FFVII.
If you want to take character growth to a ridiculous level and see love scenes with emos and cheerful girls, FFVIII.
If you want to play probably something as close as FFVI, FFIX.
If you want to play something that has a nice gameplay with ridiculous sidequests at the end, FFX.
If you're into World of Warcraft, FFXI.
If you want to play something loosely based in the main series, FFXII.
If you want to play something that was robbed of its music, gameplay, and mood, yet somehow is good (even though it's far away from the series) FFXIII.
FFXIV, same as FFXI.

Neerb

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 29, 2010, 07:55:21 PM
I'll recommend stuff:

If you want to play a classic, FFI.
If you want to be confused at how to make your characters stronger, FFII.
If you want to raise your characters in a fun way, FFIII DS.
If you want to play a gem of a game, FFIV Advance or DS.
If you want to play something a bit basic and obscure, FFV Advance.
If you want to play the pinnacle of Final Fantasies, FFVI Advance.
If you want to see a fun but otherwise overrated game, FFVII.
If you want to take character growth to a ridiculous level and see love scenes with emos and cheerful girls, FFVIII.
If you want to play probably something as close as FFVI, FFIX.
If you want to play something that has a nice gameplay with ridiculous sidequests at the end, FFX.
If you're into World of Warcraft, FFXI.
If you want to play something loosely based in the main series, FFXII.
If you want to play something that was robbed of its music, gameplay, and mood, yet somehow is good (even though it's far away from the series) FFXIII.
FFXIV, same as FFXI.

So you'd recommend IV or VI?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 29, 2010, 08:08:53 PM
So you'd recommend IV or VI?
IV, VI, and IX. Those three are the best to me. ;)

WHO DISAGREES WITH ME?! >:(

Relichris

I'm in the middle of FFXIII right now (looking good so far).  I've beaten FFX (and X-2) which I think is a good game.  I will play FFVII after I beat a couple other games.  FFXII I almost beat til it was stolen from me.  =(  But I'm getting that game for free tomorrow (yay).  FFVIII kinda quit on me since it corrupted my data.  ;-; 

Magnum

FF1 = Awesome
FF2 = Awesome (and terrible. My mind changes on this thing every day)
FF3 = JOB SYSYTEM!
FF4 = Jizz in my pants
FF5 = Meh
FF6 = The Joker X 1000
FF7 = Actually really good. Ignore the Yaoi
FF8 = Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... MASTERED!
FF9 = The Thief from FF1 got his own game
FF10 = BLITZBALL!!!11!!!11!!!1!!!!
FF11 = LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...
FF12 = Look my abs. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm you make me want to touch my nana. Mmmmmmmmmmmm my ding-ding-dong
FF13 = *Drool at graphics* Did they say something?
FF14 = ...YYYYYYYYYY JENKINS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change