no i heard its poop
0 (0%)
A resounding maybe.
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Cornwad

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on September 01, 2010, 01:23:32 PM
I just saw[spoiler]a Furbie[/spoiler]
Yeah I just got there too. Too bad I already spoiled what it was. It's probably the most embarrassing thing ever put into a Metroid game. It should really be a pokemon, it would fit right in.

SkyMyl

Just beat it. I'm a little disappointed it ended so quickly, but that's really my fault for being determined to finish it before the internet could spoil everything for me.

Got to say that it was pretty darn good. I can see why it's getting hate, but it was fun while it lasted. On just how good of a Metroid experience it was, and whether it's a good Metroid game, I'm not fully sure yet. A bit too soon to say. But it was fun.

[spoiler=And here's a plot spoiler, somewhat. Click at your own discretion.]...but the story got to be a little too reminiscent of Resident Evil right at the end.[/spoiler]

Cornwad

I'm liking it the more I play it. I started off being really annoyed at how little I actually got to do stuff and how what I actually did wasn't anything special, but it really picks up as you go along.

DededeCloneChris

How did you beat the game in 3 days, SkyMyl? Were you playing it nonstop? It's weird I haven't seen people complaining about its lenght, so you must have played it nonstop...

Cornwad

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on September 01, 2010, 05:15:28 PM
How did you beat the game in 3 days, SkyMyl? Were you playing it nonstop? It's weird I haven't seen people complaining about its lenght, so you must have played it nonstop...
The game came out yesterday, and one of the main complaints is that it's only about 9 hours long if you take your time with it.

SkyMyl

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on September 01, 2010, 05:15:28 PM
I took some breaks, but they were few and only half an hour long.

But yeah, Other M's pretty darn short.

FruitFlow

I'm playing it right now.
It's an alright game.

Just in case if it's a spoiler:
[spoiler]I'm at the part where you enter Sector 2 upon defeating that fire creature and obtaining the Ice Beam and Varia Suit upgrades.[/spoiler]
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Cornwad

That's where I just got to too. That thing was crazy looking.

The thing I don't like about it is that when I see a 3D metroid world with all of those computer screens, I want to scan all of them to complete my log book. I don't have that problem with the 2D ones because Prime was never in 2D. It just seems like a shame to have all this wasted space when I just run right through the center of most rooms. It makes me feel like I'm rushing through when I'm really not.

Gwen Khan

I'm stuck in first person view early in the game I can't get out of it, no weapons, can only look around in a small area, what the heck do I do?

Silverhawk79

I'm not sure if I should buy it or pirate it.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Gwen Khan on September 02, 2010, 10:25:33 AM
I'm stuck in first person view early in the game I can't get out of it, no weapons, can only look around in a small area, what the heck do I do?
Specifify what area you're in in a spoiler box for us to respond.

SkyMyl

I just 100%'d it, something that took forever to do in Zero Mission and something I haven't done in any other Metroid game. This kind of disappoints me that collecting the items was noticeably easier than other Metroid games.

...oh, poop. I unlocked hard mode. May as well go through it again.

Quote from: Gwen Khan on September 02, 2010, 10:25:33 AM
If you just got out of your ship at the beginning of the game, you're supposed to look at a specific spot of interest to go on with the game. In this case, it's the Galactic Federation emblem on a ship in the same room.

ThePowerOfOne

Gwen Khan

Quote from: SkyMyl on September 02, 2010, 11:55:43 AM
I just 100%'d it, something that took forever to do in Zero Mission and something I haven't done in any other Metroid game. This kind of disappoints me that collecting the items was noticeably easier than other Metroid games.

...oh, poop. I unlocked hard mode. May as well go through it again.
If you just got out of your ship at the beginning of the game, you're supposed to look at a specific spot of interest to go on with the game. In this case, it's the Galactic Federation emblem on a ship in the same room.
[spoiler]I found it, it was a small thing in the corner =, the little white animal, It was after getting the power turned and going to sector 1[/spoiler]

Cornwad

Yeah those point and find sections can be really annoying. Sometimes they make you look for the most specific spots when you have no idea what you're looking for in the first place.