News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Ludicrous Character Guessing

Started by SkyMyl, September 09, 2010, 09:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Do you guys remember when Brawl came out? Despite the impeding results, and mixed reactions, you can't deny that all the hype was fun, and awesome while it lasted. Especially if you were on Oldsider. I've heard of people who would hound the Smash site at 12 AM, mashing F5 repeatedly to see the next update, and I think I recall one of the updates getting delayed by a few hours, before showing up on the site, causing some...reactions, as well.

Point is, if you were on Oldsider, or any other forum at the time, you were guessing which characters would be in, especially knowing that Snake and Sonic were confirmed to be in Brawl, with a potential third party rep. I remember reading a poopton of topics about movesets for characters that should've been in Brawl (Geno), but I can't remember the quality of those topics. People were guessing which characters would be in Brawl. This went from Mega Man, to Geno, to Isaac (Golden Sun), to intercourse ing Tom Nook. Did you ever partake in any of the guessing that went on before Brawl was released?

Not sure why I did it, but I did make a topic about Black Mage's moveset. Don't know why the Black Mage of all the third party reps was my guess, but I was young and naive at the time.

Eizweir

I was always hoping for a third third-party.

Megaman, plx
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Cornwad

Yeah, there were some pretty stupid character suggestions like Isaac, Geno, and pretty much ever Assist Trophy character. I also remember seeing some weird ass japanese characters, buneary, and Mike from Startropics. I don't know why people wanted characters to be in that clearly never had a chance. It's just a waste of time. One time I thought it would be cool to have Balloon Fighter playable, but then I realized that would be silly.

Oh, and the Smash Dojo was the greatest hype train in the history of video games. They better do that again for Smash 4.

StarWindWizard7

Yes, it brought back a lot of memories.
Their were times when it'd update at like 2 in the morning... and I'd stay up and go to work at 4.

I have never in my entire life been "SO" excited for ANY video game...
What was really cool was being around Others who felt The same exact way, and we'd just talk/post about it. (part of the reason why my post count was so high so fast was because of the Hype of Smash).

I never cared about people suggesting characters...I was open minded enough to know that Anything could happen.

Other then Sonic, the only character I truly wanted to get in Smash was Waluigi. He's in, but not in the way I'd prefer him to be.

I miss seeing the Huge Character roster people made. Darth Vader, Nintendogs and others were just examples of the humor these rosters brought to everybody.
Seeing 50+ Characters, it made Everybody dream/hope for their personal favorite character to get in, which to me was an awesome feeling.

I miss the "flame wars" and "SONIC Wars", during smash. How sooo many people hated Sonic and wanted to keep Smash True Nintendo Characters.....

It was all awesome, and another key point of it all...

I met so many awesome/Cool people who I'll never forget.

With that and "ME" being the Creator of the "Clan Rivals"[spoiler] [/spoiler], out of my many years being on the Internet...during the OldSider Smash Era...that was "my" time, and my time alone where I shined the most.

*hears applauds and cheers in the background*

*walks down from podium waving at his fans*

Neerb

That was a fun and dangerous time; with Oldsider up and the Dojo, it was probably the most hyped I or many many other people had ever been for a game. I wake up as soon as I can in the morning to check the Dojo, talk about it all day with friends at school, then go home and hop on the forums for rosters, stages, items, movesets, and other discussions. Sonic's confirmation was huge; it was like all of the planets had aligned and the world was at harmony that day. However, at the same time, I and many others kinda saw it coming since he was the most popular 3rd party character. What was REALLY epic was the surprise announcement of POKEMON TRAINER. I mean, without any warning at all, BOOM: YOU CAN PLAY AS CHARIZARD, SQUIRTLE, AND IVYSAUR. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the update that morning, I had to look it over a hundred times to make sure I wasn't misreading it or something, I checked the url to make sure it wasn't a joke site; it was the single most intense moment of my gaming life.

I really hope they do another daily update thing for Smash 4; that would be epic.

As for character suggestions... I was initially against the Tom Nook idea, but I started to lighten up and give it some joke support, and eventually I got to the point where I seriously wanted him playable. I was also hoping for Diddy Kong (who actually made it), Bowser Jr., Ridley (seriously, why the heck did he not get in?), Krystal, and most of all, RAY 01, THE CUSTOM ROBO FROM THE GAMECUBE GAME WHICH APPARENTLY WASN'T AS IMPORTANT OF A SERIES TO HAVE PRIORITY OVER OLIMAR OR ROB OR PIT. In terms of 3rd party, I had a huge want list, but the only ones I had any serious hope for were Sonic, who obviously succeeded, and Sora from Kingdom Hearts, whom I am still hoping for in Smash 4.

Cornwad

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on September 09, 2010, 09:38:13 PM
Ridley (seriously, why the heck did he not get in?)
He's too big, he would never be able to fit.

JrDude

Not to start an oldsider before brawl style argument, but I can almost guarantee Sora won't make it in any Smash game.

Anyway, I loved those days, I don't even remember how I heard about Brawl, but Brawl was why I even joined, I was like "woah, Wario in Wario Ware clothes, I'm gonna make a thread about he and everyone else should get an alt costumes."
[move][/move]
Dude .

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Cornwad on September 09, 2010, 10:25:50 PM
He's too big, he would never be able to fit.

Ahhh... I miss comments like This one. :|

LOL :D

Shujinco2

Yep. I remember those days well.

You know, for awhile there, I REALLY started to think MY most wanted character, Classic Mario, would actually be in. You know, cause first, they announced Mushroomy Kingdom, and I was like, "If anything, that's HIS stage." Then, the Mario Bros. stage came up, and I was like "THIS has got to be his stage!". And THEN, 75m came up, and I was like "OH COME ON! THIS HAS TO BE IT!!!!!"

And it never happened. :(

Also, I remember how many people said that Sonic would be really stupid in Brawl. And, actually, he's a very decent character. UR ALL N00BS! SONIC 4 BRAWL!

tibar21

i remember how i always kept saying that nintendog and toad would be playable characters and i was really blunt and outspoken about it. I even made up my own movesets for the nintendog lol.

I hated megaman and still do. I hated sonic initially but warmed up to the idea of him being in brawl eventually; my brother tollhouse was too mad to talk when he found out sonic was confirmed.  i still hate snake because of his broken uptilt.

Remember when i posted this as a counter argument saying that megaman was lame?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

those were the good days when this board was alive and well. I always checked updates daily.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

The Riddler

I remember loling at everyone when Ridley was a boss and Gardevoir was a Pokeball. But I was a bit sad when Tom Nook or Resetti weren't playable. Why the hell would they make an Animal Crossing icon without a character representative?

Depster

I made an amazing Bomberman moveset, and I think I may have done or helped with a Ray 01 one, too.  But Bomberman was my most wanted character.  I really wanted Ike and Sonic too, so at least they got in.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Nik on September 17, 2010, 05:34:11 PM
i remember how i always kept saying that nintendog and toad would be playable characters and i was really blunt and outspoken about it. I even made up my own movesets for the nintendog lol.

I hated megaman and still do. I hated sonic initially but warmed up to the idea of him being in brawl eventually; my brother tollhouse was too mad to talk when he found out sonic was confirmed.  i still hate snake because of his broken uptilt.

Remember when i posted this as a counter argument saying that megaman was lame?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

wooow, are you serious?
Is this for real? 0_0
[spoiler] :|

those were the good days when this board was alive and well. I always checked updates daily.