News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

A Link to the Past music

Started by Baka, October 30, 2007, 09:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baka

So earlier today, I decided to listen to the A Link to the Past soundtrack while working on a project. It has been quite some time since I listened to it, and had somewhat forgotten just how incredible it is. The ALttP soundtrack is, without a doubt, a masterpiece. For quite some time now, I had regarded Majora's Mask as having the best music, but I'm afraid my opinion may have changed. Listening to this invoked a strong desire to play the game in a way that no other game soundtrack ever has. The Zelda games are all known for their epic score, but this is just wonderful. It's powerful and vibrant, and just feels more epic than most Zelda games. The 16-bit capabilities are masterfully utilized, and every sound is just perfect. It doesn't feel like "it's good, but would be better with modern sound capabilities". It isn't dragged down by the sound limits, it wields them and forges a masterpiece. Everything is so diverse and full of feeling. The wonder of Hyrule is perfected captured in this soundtrack. From the powerful, epic theme of the Dark World to the mysterious beats of the fortune teller house and to the soothing end song, everything just "fits" and blankets the world of Hyrule in a soundtrack that lives up to the beauty and majesty of that land.

um so ya in other words i liek teh alttp soundtrack

ThePowerOfOne

Don't remind me of A Link to the Past... I've been stuck in that freaking ice temple FOREVER!

Shujinco2

Quote from: Phaze on October 31, 2007, 07:29:57 PM
Don't remind me of A Link to the Past... I've been stuck in that freaking ice temple FOREVER!
Go to the 6th dungeon and beat that first. Get the item there, should help.

RedYoshi

Quote from: Phaze on October 31, 2007, 07:29:57 PM

That Ice Temple gets me frustrated everytime! No matter how many times I beat it I always get stuck there for quite some time.

Anyway, the soundtrack is really good.
Will edit sig later...:P