News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

so

Started by Bearissoslow, October 07, 2011, 07:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 06:45:36 PM
Everything you just described as negative others could have found to be positive aspects of the game.

I enjoyed the gameplay. Dungeons were pretty alright. Sky temple in particular was badass. Can't say much else.

As for what I found to be negative, it was too easy and I didn't like most of the new characters except for the ghost knight that teaches you poop.

It was pretty much what I expected. The second I saw the wolf poop in Nintendo Power in what, 2004 or 2005?, I knew it was doomed to be the worst 3D Zelda to date, and it was. Doesn't mean it was a terrible game though.

Play Naughty Bear. There's your terrible game.

EDIT: @Kayo: I played the Wii version. So, I don't know, I think the GCN version pulls a Master Quest and Mirrors dungeons. You'll probably like it as long as you aren't going into it expecting a jesus game.

so you pretty much just agreed with me but said "but that's why it's not a bad game"

also, this isn't about it being the worst game ever, it's about it being a bad game in general. as a game that you experience for the gameplay and plot, it's pretty bad, mediocre at best. the final dungeon is a joke, the plot is nonsensical, the time between dungeons is pretty much murderous, some of the dungeons just flat out suck anyway, and the items are pretty unoriginal for a series that's based around originality with gear and poop.

that and midna is a game ruiner, but I won't delve into that yet

Quote from: Kayo on October 08, 2011, 06:39:32 PM
I've never played it before but I bought it a few months ago (still haven't played it due to being busy), and I expect it to be good.

I don't understand why people are so negative about it, it's gotta be a good GCN game. Whether it compares that way to other games or the series that way or not, I'm sure it's high on the list of good Gamecube games.

why are you defending a game you've never even played stop trying to fit in jesus

Zero

You're forgetting the top item, which was pretty cool.

Doodle

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 08, 2011, 08:28:50 PM
and the items are pretty unoriginal for a series that's based around originality with gear and poop.
oh u
YEAH

Kayo

why are you defending a game you've never even played stop trying to fit in jesus
I never defended it. I just said I'm sure it won't be that bad. It's LoZ, after all, which everyone seems to like. I'm comparing it on a scale of all GCN games rather than against other LoZ games.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on October 08, 2011, 08:14:42 PM
You're the only one who's concerned about that, apparently. Surprising, no?
Nah, I have a good eye to see whatever small change happened between appearances.

Kayo

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 08, 2011, 09:17:00 PM
Nah, I have a good eye to see whatever small change happened between appearances.
If it's Star Fox.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on October 08, 2011, 09:15:45 PM
I never defended it. I just said I'm sure it won't be that bad. It's LoZ, after all, which everyone seems to like. I'm comparing it on a scale of all GCN games rather than against other LoZ games.

Twilight Princess is freaking awesome and you will enjoy it, bear's just trollin.

Doodle

[spoiler][/spoiler]
YEAH

Hero_of_Darkness

so you pretty much just agreed with me but said "but that's why it's not a bad game"

also, this isn't about it being the worst game ever, it's about it being a bad game in general. as a game that you experience for the gameplay and plot, it's pretty bad, mediocre at best. the final dungeon is a joke, the plot is nonsensical, the time between dungeons is pretty much murderous, some of the dungeons just flat out suck anyway, and the items are pretty unoriginal for a series that's based around originality with gear and poop.

that and midna is a game ruiner, but I won't delve into that yet
What the intercourse  am I reading?

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on October 08, 2011, 09:27:15 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
oh my god
oracle of seasons
i wish i had that game again
[move][/move]

Custom

i liked OoS and OoA more than ALTTP

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 08:48:27 PM
You're forgetting the top item, which was pretty cool.

yeah and it was used for all of half of the dungeon it's in and pretty much nowhere else outside of a few heart pieces or what have you.

also doodle stop trying to fit in i hate you more than i hate everything in my life

Doodle

Quote from: Custom on October 08, 2011, 10:54:26 PM
i liked OoS and OoA more than ALTTP
I still need to beat OoA
I was in Mermaid's Cave or something
YEAH

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 09, 2011, 12:23:43 AM
yeah and it was used for all of half of the dungeon it's in and pretty much nowhere else outside of a few heart pieces or what have you.

You're right. I remember being disappointed that it wasn't used much.

What the intercourse  Nintendo

Neerb

I still need to play the Oracles; they're the only ones I haven't played at this point. I really hope they come to the VC on 3DS.