News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

*Sigh* "The Calm" For us......

Started by DededeCloneChris, January 31, 2008, 12:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

BTW, "The Calm" is a reference of FFX.

Now we have to wait for Brawl now, Japan is getting the game right now as we speak and the site is gonna show the many things in Brawl, will you preorder the Japanese version?

Also, what if we got 2 updates from now on?

And most important of all, is there a very good reason for the delay for America?

Only the time will tell........

TO BE CONTINUED (Sadly) IN MARCH 9.......

THEEVILSPERKY

I don't know about region-coding when it comes to Wii consoles and their respective games, but I find it interesting Melee allowed you to change the language for the menus; if Brawl has that as well.. that just baffles me when it comes to analyzing delays and everything.  Herm...

I mean, why not import if you can change the language.. if you just can't wait.

Again, not sure on region-locks.

I interpreted your "calm" has a "calm before the storm" type of thing.. >_>
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

bluaki

1. Brawl DOES NOT have selectable languages. The options menu (and basically all other menus) has been revealed, no language option is shown. Even if it has multiple languages based on Wii system language, our Wiis don't even support Japanese.
2. There is no freeloader Wii (freeloader is made by Action Replay company [Datel] and bypasses region-lock)
3. Brawl is region-locked, meaning it can only work on consoles bought in Japan
4. Japan's time zone is 14, 15, 16, and 17 hours ahead of us in North America (for East, Central, Mountain, and Pacific respectively). As of this thread's creation, Brawl had been out for 16 hours assuming that they had midnight release. As of my post, about 20 hours ago.
5. You can't "preorder the Japanese version" after it's already released.
6. I actually have a decent amount of patience.

DededeCloneChris

So, we need to wait for the game to have language select and if the SSE will have Wi-Fi option right?

Macawmoses

Language select is just about a guaranteed no. We might get Japanese on ours, however.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: mackormoses on January 31, 2008, 11:17:31 AM
Language select is just about a guaranteed no. We might get Japanese on ours, however.
Then enjoy the japanese voice of Wolf! I hate Fox japanese voice. :(

Dei Enyt

I think "Eye of the Storm" would be more appropriate.  Think about it; we were hit by a flood of activity in the past couple of days.  Everyone was excited by these new occurrences and leaks, and now that all of that is known, things have died down significantly.

We all know this is going to happen again come March.  Another flood of activity.  Just like the middle of a hurricane or other such windstorm, there's an eerie calm between two wakes of destruction.

... That's my two cents. >>

DededeCloneChris

Well, the title says it all.

"The Calm" happens in FFX when Sin is defeated by any summoner, and then "The Calm", which is a duration of 10 years without Sin around takes place.

But in this game, it will take us 1 month without Brawl around.

Get it now?

Mutilator7

A month wait isn't that long, it's the hoping that it's gonna come then having it delayed that makes you want it