UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

I need someone to argue for me

Started by Macawmoses, July 02, 2008, 02:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

I don't know why, but someone randomly sent me a pm stating the following:

Quote from: mario59 on July 02, 2008, 12:56:37 PM
Hey, Mack, Ridley would not work as a playable character in a smash bros game.

Oh, oops, forgot to remove their name. :x

As we are, I don't know what this PM stems from, but I don't care.....just prove him wrong, my good sirs.

Allegretto

Ridley could work as a character.

However his moveset and playability would be like using a master hand spin off.

he would have innovative and unique moves however it could be very difficult to use him.

He could work as a character and he would be an enjoyable one

But I cant see it happening X_X

Cornwad

Ridley can be a playable character because... well why CAN'T he be a playable character?
If they can make a moveset for R.O.B., they can make one for Ridley.... if they can resize Olimar, they can resize Ridley. Metroid needs more reps anyway.

The only reason I can think of why he shouldn't be playable is because Sakurai said he would be very big and slow in an interview with NP...

Zies

...Baby Ridley would do fine; as long as Baby Mario, Peach and the others are out...
...That takes care of the size...

...You guys do the rest...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

Allegretto

Quote from: Cornwad on July 02, 2008, 02:33:45 PM
Ridley can be a playable character because... well why CAN'T he be a playable character?
If they can make a moveset for R.O.B., they can make one for Ridley.... if they can resize Olimar, they can resize Ridley. Metroid needs more reps anyway.

The only reason I can think of why he shouldn't be playable is because Sakurai said he would be very big and slow in an interview with NP...

Just like Bowser.

SkyMyl

There's a line dividing those who endorse Ridley for Brawl, and those who don't. I stand on the line.

Quote from: Allegretto on July 02, 2008, 02:37:05 PM

Just like Bowser.
No, Bowser is a either little bigger or a few inches bigger than Mario, depending on the game. It's easy to fit Bowser in here. Same for Dedede.

Cornwad

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on July 02, 2008, 03:06:40 PM
There's a line dividing those who endorse Ridley for Brawl, and those who don't. I stand on the line.

Just like Bowser.
No, Bowser is a either little bigger or a few inches bigger than Mario, depending on the game. It's easy to fit Bowser in here. Same for Dedede.
But Bowser is still very big and slow... just like Ridley would be :P
Oh... and Bowser is much bigger than Mario a lot of the time...
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
And Ridley isn't big at all here :D

Macawmoses

Quote from: Cornwad on July 02, 2008, 03:29:23 PM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on July 02, 2008, 03:06:40 PM

Just like Bowser.
But Bowser is still very big and slow... just like Ridley would be :P
Oh... and Bowser is much bigger than Mario a lot of the time...
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
And Ridley isn't big at all here :D

you win.

Ridley

Hey I got the same pm. ;D Anyway Charizard is all you need and some size arguements.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

mario59

I am just saying that he wouldn't work very well because it would require an immense amount of time to make him work and that is a pretty huge waste of time, I guess what i meant to say, was he would never be in brawl, i was aware he was small in original metroid at the time. so stop ignoring me mack please, i want you to put my sig in my profile, but i tried and the correct BBcode i put in would not work!
Betrayal, even unwilling, will sometimes be forgiven, but oftentimes the friendship will never heal, and the lost trust will never be regained.

Sig by Star.

SSBB FC: 2664-3293-2320

Cornwad

Quote from: mario59 on July 02, 2008, 07:28:48 PM
I am just saying that he wouldn't work very well because it would require an immense amount of time to make him work and that is a pretty huge waste of time, I guess what i meant to say, was he would never be in brawl, i was aware he was small in original metroid at the time. so stop ignoring me mack please, i want you to put my sig in my profile, but i tried and the correct BBcode i put in would not work!
Wouldn't any character take a huge amount of time? They couldn't have come up with R.O.B. and G&W easily either O_O

mario59

Quote from: Cornwad on July 02, 2008, 07:37:58 PM
Wouldn't any character take a huge amount of time? They couldn't have come up with R.O.B. and G&W easily either O_O

He would take an especially huge amount of time!
Betrayal, even unwilling, will sometimes be forgiven, but oftentimes the friendship will never heal, and the lost trust will never be regained.

Sig by Star.

Cornwad

Quote from: mario59 on July 02, 2008, 07:50:04 PM

Why? He appears in a lot of games, more than R.O.B. and Ness, Lucas, Pit, among others. Just because a character is big isn't a reason for the character to take an extra long time to make :P

CommanderFlint

Fuck, a tetris block could work as a character.

argue importance of Ridley.

mario59

Quote from: Cornwad on July 02, 2008, 07:54:35 PM
Quote from: mario59 on July 02, 2008, 07:50:04 PM

Why? He appears in a lot of games, more than R.O.B. and Ness, Lucas, Pit, among others. Just because a character is big isn't a reason for the character to take an extra long time to make :P
That is not what i meant and this isn't about the importance of ridley, and i meant he woulp be too complex!

Sig by Star.