Main Menu

Nintendo Conference Summary.

Started by Tupin, July 15, 2008, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leggy

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 04:21:23 PM
Quote from: Leggy on July 16, 2008, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 04:13:18 PM
Go do some research. We know if a game is hardcore or not becauce INFORMATION and VIDEOS and SCREENS are released. Each game I listed is hardcore, and that cannot be argued, except maybe Star Wars. Will they be good games? Who knows. We can hope.

And would CoD be a hardcore game on 360 but not Wii? It's the same f***ing game -_-

Also, Tales games are hardcore RPG games. I'd love to see your grandma beat Tales of Symphonia.

From those same videos and screens I can say I don't like the game or fail. We all have different opinions.

CoD can be a hardcore game on the 360 and not the Wii because the Wii version is always the failing one, just like when CoD3 was released on all of them. I didn't see them going and doing that again with CoD4? Except for the DS, which also failed. Tyvm. The same f***ing game is not always the same for each console.  ^_^

Tales games are HARDCORE RPG omg, I'm so siked now.  
I didn't say you had to LIKE the game. Liking a game has nothing to do with this. It is an opinion/ I'm not saying you have to like Tales game, or Call of Duty. I'm saying they are games classified as a hardcore game, unlike a game like Petz or Wii Music.

It's the same game. Hardcore. Move on Leggy.

OMG DATS LEIK SO KEWL.

Nayr, where did you get that idea from? One conference? How are you gonna base a statement like that from one conference, which doesn't even mean anything anymore. If nothing happens between now and the end of the year from Nintendo, you can rightfully say that, and I will give you 5 dollars.

Besides, that, Nintendo has released several hardcore games, and provided us with the Virtual Console.

Liking a game helps an opinion forumulate, doesn't it? Nintendo has failed at E3 for the hardcore. Thats all you need to know, so stop defending it as it wont get any better. Maybe at TGS, they'll do something. Thats your best bet. For now, FAIL.

CALL OF DUTY ON THE WII AND DS HAS FAILD AND THUS NOT HARDCORE  THUS FAR SORRY FOR POINTING IT OUT AND I REALLY REALLY REALLY BET THIS COD: WaW WILL ALSO FAIL ON THE WII.

THERE.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 04:28:50 PM
Simple my good friend:
Nintendo of Europe: "There will be plenty of games for the core gamer to be revealed soon, probably E3" (April)
Regginald Fils-Aime: "We haven't forgotten the core gamer" (Earlier this year after the release of Brawl)
Lets see, did we get any big announcements? Nope. Did we get any reassurance at E3? Nope.
Did you see the G4 interview of Reggie after the conference? He completely dodged the hardcore question and wanted to talk about other things like how they're trying to "expand the audience".
Therefore they are blatantly dodging the issue...Like I keep saying, a simple "We've got other franchises you know and love in the works, but we're not in a position to show it yet." would've sufficed, but they ignored it X_X;;

Oh, and E3 STILL matters....still the biggest event in America, and still the biggest time (besides maybe TGS) to announce new games.
Yeah, they dodged the hardcore question, and when he did answer a hardcore question, he said that GTA and Animal Crossing was enough to satisfy the hardcore gamer.

"We've got other franchises you know and love in the works, but we're not in a position to show it yet."- This is probably the status of the harcore titles, Nintendo just didn't want to say it.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 04:33:13 PM
Simple my good friend:
Nintendo of Europe: "There will be plenty of games for the core gamer to be revealed soon, probably E3" (April)
Regginald Fils-Aime: "We haven't forgotten the core gamer" (Earlier this year after the release of Brawl)
Lets see, did we get any big announcements? Nope. Did we get any reassurance at E3? Nope.
Did you see the G4 interview of Reggie after the conference? He completely dodged the hardcore question and wanted to talk about other things like how they're trying to "expand the audience".
Therefore they are blatantly dodging the issue...Like I keep saying, a simple "We've got other franchises you know and love in the works, but we're not in a position to show it yet." would've sufficed, but they ignored it X_X;;

Oh, and E3 STILL matters....still the biggest event in America, and still the biggest time (besides maybe TGS) to announce new games.
Yeah, they dodged the hardcore question, and when he did answer a hardcore question, he said that GTA and Animal Crossing was enough to satisfy the hardcore gamer.

"We've got other franchises you know and love in the works, but we're not in a position to show it yet."- This is probably the status of the harcore titles, Nintendo just didn't want to say it.
Animal Crossing is NOT hardcore...I don't know where they got that delusion X_X;;
Why not? They didnt have to reveal anything with that statement, just reassure that they're at least working on stuff. That would've sufficed and let me know there is hope for hte future and I shouldn't despair. Unfortunately I feel abandoned because it seems like they don't care. At least Miyamoto will tell us stuff (sorta)...he's the only nice guy on the staff now it seems X_X;;

Mystic

Simple my good friend:

At E3? Wario Land.

Nintendo can annouce games at anytime and still get huge attention. Especially now, people are waiting to see when Nintendo annouces a game from one of the big franchises. Nintendo enjoys intercourse ing with us.  :'(

Oh, and AC is an everyone game really. AC is like Mario Party or Madden.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 04:39:23 PM
Simple my good friend:

At E3? Wario Land.

Nintendo can annouce games at anytime and still get huge attention. Especially now, people are waiting to see when Nintendo annouces a game from one of the big franchises. Nintendo enjoys f***ing with us.  :'(

Wario Land was announced before E3...guh...
Of course they can but it's better to do it with all the biggest news outlets for gaming all in the same room...HELLO LOGIC!
AC is not like Mario Party or Madden. You actually have to do stuff with action in those games....AC is a life sim where you buy stuff...decorate stuff...and go fishing to relax X_X;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 04:41:45 PM
Simple my good friend:

At E3? Wario Land.

Nintendo can annouce games at anytime and still get huge attention. Especially now, people are waiting to see when Nintendo annouces a game from one of the big franchises. Nintendo enjoys f***ing with us.  :'(

Of course they can but it's better to do it with all the biggest news outlets for gaming all in the same room...HELLO LOGIC!
AC is not like Mario Party or Madden. You actually have to do stuff with action in those games....AC is a life sim where you buy stuff...decorate stuff...and go fishing to relax X_X;;
It's one of those "love it or hate it" games.

They like to have their own, smaller conference because everyone is focusing on them.

I just don't understand why they don't attend TGS....

Maybe it's because Sony has such a presence there. 

Mystic

Simple my good friend:

At E3? Wario Land.

I know WL was announced before hand. But it was AT E3, a hardcore game. That was my point. Damn, use your brain >_>

And since when does Nintendo do what others do?

Irrelevant. AC, Madden, and MP are games casuals, nongamers, hardcore, whatever, can enjoy. Yes, MP and Madden require more work, but they are a similar type of game in regards to "categorizing" them.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 04:48:40 PM
Simple my good friend:

At E3? Wario Land.

It's one of those "love it or hate it" games.

They like to have their own, smaller conference because everyone is focusing on them.

I just don't understand why they don't attend TGS....

Maybe it's because Sony has such a presence there. 
That's not even an issue...Nintendo dominated TGS during the N64/pre-release Cube era X_X;;
It is a love it or hate it game...and I'm in the latter. They want focus? Then announce something big and they'll get all the attention X_X;;

@Mystic: I meant they should do similar things to actaully announcing games and such...it makes things a hell of a lot easier and it makes Nintendo less egotistical (even though they so obviously are). Madden? Casual? I laugh at you...
does Mario Party get long lines for the release? No. Does Animal Crossing have tournaments? No.
Sure, new people like to play Madden, but new people also like to play Mario...which is half-hardcore. So that argument fails because Madden is most assurdley hardcore X_X;;

Tupin

Well, Nintendo is going to be at TGS this year, so it might be different.

Plus, they basically RUN E for All.

Mystic

When did I ever say Madden was a casual game? I said it's a game casuals play, along with hardcore and non-gamers. I never said it was a casual game. Same for AC and MP. They are EVERYONE games. These are games anyone can jump into and have fun.

Why do you care if they announce certain things at E3 anyways? We know they're coming, so why not Nintendo announce it on their time? I'm not saying it was a good move to be all "HAY WE HAS MUSIC AND BEACHES" at E3, because it wasn't. I'm saying is there is a lot more going on that we have actually be told to out faces.

Didn't Iwata show up at TGS last year?

Nayrman

It's mostly hardcore...therefore falls into the hardcore spectrum most of the time.
Probably the only true fifty fifty split are RPG's like Pokemon...cuz they can pull off both.

I want it stated now because I want something to look forward to than "Zelda: Sometime in the next decade" and "Mario: sometime next generation" and such...

Iwata was at TGS, but he didn't say anything...he just kinda yutzed around X_X:;

Mystic

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 05:08:13 PM
It's mostly hardcore...therefore falls into the hardcore spectrum most of the time.
Probably the only true fifty fifty split are RPG's like Pokemon...cuz they can pull off both.

I want it stated now because I want something to look forward to than "Zelda: Sometime in the next decade" and "Mario: sometime next generation" and such...

Iwata was at TGS, but he didn't say anything...he just kinda yutzed around X_X:;
You do realize there are OTHER games coming out for Wii than ones with the Nintendo logo slapped on the front right?

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 05:14:19 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 05:08:13 PM

You do realize there are OTHER games coming out for Wii than ones with the Nintendo logo slapped on the front right?
Yes but it seems at either a lackluster pace or just "give them something to shut them up" kind of attitude. But for the conceivable future it's basically mini-game spats and casual "meh"-ness besides some games, most of which Nintendo doesn't even make (Wario Land is pretty much the only one they make themselves...everything else is third party, when Nintendo is saying they're the ones that care about everyone when they so obviously don't).

Tupin

Quote...or just "give them something to shut them up"

That's partially true.

Oh, and E for All is in October this year, and Nintendo usually has a fall media summit in September, so yeah.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 05:42:38 PM
Quote...or just "give them something to shut them up"

That's partially true.

Oh, and E for All is in October this year, and Nintendo usually has a fall media summit in September, so yeah.
All I can say is that something better happen this calendar year or basically every hardcore group is going to say "intercourse  this" and head off to the Microsoft and Sony camp