News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Nintendo Conference Summary.

Started by Tupin, July 15, 2008, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daft Pink

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 15, 2008, 10:22:58 AM
I think the biggest disaapointment will come from the people who were really expecting something big like the new Zelda or other things. I always have my Nintendo Power magazines to give me the info they never covered at E3, because I'm sure that if they had more time we would have seen alot more.
That's why I think this E3 sucked. I was really disappointed. :'( :'( :'(

Tupin

I think the biggest disaapointment will come from the people who were really expecting something big like the new Zelda or other things. I always have my Nintendo Power magazines to give me the info they never covered at E3, because I'm sure that if they had more time we would have seen alot more.
Wow, Nintendo Power actually managed to keep their secret secret. It wasn't announced at E3.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DBY106698

Animal Crossing looks fun. Waiting to hear what complaints people come up with now that voice conversation has been added to the Wii's toolbox.

Wii Sports Resort.. Looks interesting, not that amazing.

I did NOT see GTA coming to the DS.

Wii Music.... It's cool, but I dunno if I'd buy it.

Looking forward to having some of those extras on the DS, like Cooking Navi (Finally)

Overall, It was a good conference to me. I wasn't really expecting anything all that amazing. I mean, Last year everyone wanted info on Brawl and a few wanted some info on Mario Kart Wii. this year really didn't have any games inprogress people were dying to know about. But it had it's share of surprises and unexpected mentions. For Nintendo, I think this converence went well.

Oh, and one final note. I don't think you guys really need to say the conference was terrible and stuff jsut because they didn't announce a new LoZ title. Put things into perspective guys. That's like me being mad off about not mentioning a new Mario game and showing previews. Frankly, I don't care that much whether they mention something or not.

guido123

i agree that E3 was a big disapointment the only things that i liked was WII SPEAK and WII SPORTS RESORT

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

Cornwad

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 10:25:51 AM
Wow, Nintendo Power actually managed to keep their secret secret. It wasn't announced at E3.

Unless the sword in NP stands for WiiSports Resort O_O

thunderhero4

Quote from: Cornwad on July 15, 2008, 10:30:26 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 10:25:51 AM

Unless the sword in NP stands for WiiSports Resort O_O
Yep, I actually believe we will see alot more than we saw today in the next issue.

Nintendo obviously didn't see E3 as the time to reveal EVERYTHING like Microsoft and Sony. If i can recall, last year was the same thing, but we got everything we wanted shortly after E3

TheDarkChief

That was pretty lacking, don't you think?

There was nothing that was really for the core gamers. Hopefully some 3rd parties will decide to make better games instead of releasing effortless games like wildfire.

DBY106698

Incase you haven't noticed, when did Nitnenod ever really show off each and everything they have at E3? Nintendo has always been a mysterious type of company, keeping their secrets and things unkown. Look at Brawl's announcement and variosu videos? They were basically always at the end of the conference and caught people off guard. And even that caught people off guard again with the video showing Solid Snake.

And remember, Nintendo isn't about Hardcore Gamers, it's about Gamers PERIOD.They don't focus on 1 single aspect. They focus on everything as a whole.

thunderhero4

Quote from: DBY106698 on July 15, 2008, 10:38:36 AM
Incase you haven't noticed, when did Nitnenod ever really show off each and everything they have at E3? Nintendo has always been a mysterious type of company, keeping their secrets and things unkown. Look at Brawl's announcement and variosu videos? They were basically always at the end of the conference and caught people off guard. And even that caught people off guard again with the video showing Solid Snake.

And remember, Nintendo isn't about Hardcore Gamers, it's about Gamers PERIOD.They don't focus on 1 single aspect. They focus on everything as a whole.

I fully agree on this. This isnt the last we have seen of Nintendo, I guarentee it

Tupin

You know how Nintendo is.

They probably will have their own media summit in like two months and announce a new Zelda/Metroid/Starfox/F-Zero there. That's just how they are. They see these events as more of a way to say how successful they are then to show off games. They do a lot better when they know people aren't watching their every move.

DBY106698

That and remember, E3 has taken some big hits over the past few years? Remember when it was unknown if there would even be anothe rE3 and many of the companies were planning their own special thing to replace E3? It's very possible Nintendo just doesn't see E3 as the place to show off everything anymore.

All the companies used to spend thousands of dollars to get big flashy lights, a huge stage, demo centers, everything. BUT that was when E3 was also easier to get into.

thunderhero4

Quote from: DBY106698 on July 15, 2008, 10:56:48 AM
That and remember, E3 has taken some big hits over the past few years? Remember when it was unknown if there would even be anothe rE3 and many of the companies were planning their own special thing to replace E3? It's very possible Nintendo just doesn't see E3 as the place to show off everything anymore.

Allt he companies used to spend thousands of dollars to get big flashy lights, a huge stage, demo centers, everything. BUT that was when E3 was also easier to get into.

And it was open to the public too!

DBY106698

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 15, 2008, 10:59:25 AM
Quote from: DBY106698 on July 15, 2008, 10:56:48 AM

Allt he companies used to spend thousands of dollars to get big flashy lights, a huge stage, demo centers, everything. BUT that was when E3 was also easier to get into.

And it was open to the public too!

That's.... kinda what I was alluding to....

Tupin

Maybe Nintendo needs to bring back Spaceworld...

Chloroform?

I really wanted Pikmin 3, so I was pretty disappointed. Wii Sports 2 looks ok, Wii Music looks ok, and Animal Crossing looks ok. The rest look pretty boring.