News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Nintendo Conference Summary.

Started by Tupin, July 15, 2008, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Wii Music, Play, and (IMO!) Fit are complete junk.
Sports are okay since it's basically just a tech demo anyway (problem is they're making it sound like real games).

The SFA example is exactly my point...along with the Mario spinoffs. It would've been fine but they had to add a license to a game that didn't need it. They could've easily made a cartoony tennis/golf game whathaveyou. But it HAD to be Mario. Why not make a tennis game about Aliens with lazers against Vikings using waships as specials? Simple, because they don't have to try with mario X_X;;

Mystic

How is Wii Fit junk?

Why does it matter if it's Mario or not? People love Mario. Not only are they giving customers a character they love, but it guarantees more sales than anything else.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 07:10:15 PM
How is Wii Fit junk?

Why does it matter if it's Mario or not? People love Mario. Not only are they giving customers a character they love, but it guarantees more sales than anything else.
Because it:
a) Isn't a game
b) Another annoying attempt to bring "non-gamers" into the fold
c) Trying to get me to work out when I don't want to
d) Since when is a videogame motivation to excersize? People are freakin stupid

It matters because again it'd be fine without Mario if they still made it zany but they only attached Mario to try and make it sell more.
Again, if it's a good game and they advertise, it'll sell just fine. However, if it has "Mario" on it they don't even have to try. Copy everything else, add some mushrooms and Peach's Castle and VIOLA, a cheap-o cash cow...

Mystic

a. That makes it software, not junk.
b. Annoying? How does it annoy you? You don't have to look at it or even acknowledge it.
c. How does a piece of software that you didn't buy or even touch try to make you do anything? You buy it because your interested in working out.
d. Doesn't make it junk. Just proves how lazy people are.

Except Nintendo puts Mario in it, and it still is a good game. You get Mario and a good game. There's no problem.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 07:18:39 PM
a. That makes it software, not junk.
b. Annoying? How does it annoy you? You don't have to look at it or even acknowledge it.
c. How does a piece of software that you didn't buy or even touch try to make you do anything? You buy it because your interested in working out.
d. Doesn't make it junk. Just proves how lazy people are.

Except Nintendo puts Mario in it, and it still is a good game. You get Mario and a good game. There's no problem.
(90 dollars for a bathroom weight that hooks up to a tv = junk)
I've played it...it was pointless and I don't know why they should've bothered because it isn't a game. At least the Wii-stuff (sports and music) are games at least... it's basically the same thing as those pointless info-mercials for mechanical stuff...

Sports games aren't what Mario is about...or was anyway. You don't see "The Legend of Zelda: The Fighting game" or "Pikmin the First Person Shooter" because that's not how they work. Yet that's pretty much what they did for Mario X_X;;

Cornwad

Apparently Miyamoto just confirmed that they're making Pikmin for Wii at the developers conference. Its not much, but at least we know its there :)

Mystic

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 04:21:23 PM
Quote from: Leggy on July 16, 2008, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 04:13:18 PM
Go do some research. We know if a game is hardcore or not becauce INFORMATION and VIDEOS and SCREENS are released. Each game I listed is hardcore, and that cannot be argued, except maybe Star Wars. Will they be good games? Who knows. We can hope.

And would CoD be a hardcore game on 360 but not Wii? It's the same f***ing game -_-

Also, Tales games are hardcore RPG games. I'd love to see your grandma beat Tales of Symphonia.

From those same videos and screens I can say I don't like the game or fail. We all have different opinions.

CoD can be a hardcore game on the 360 and not the Wii because the Wii version is always the failing one, just like when CoD3 was released on all of them. I didn't see them going and doing that again with CoD4? Except for the DS, which also failed. Tyvm. The same intercourse ing game is not always the same for each console.  ^_^

Tales games are HARDCORE RPG omg, I'm so siked now.  
Nayr, where did you get that idea from? One conference? How are you gonna base a statement like that from one conference, which doesn't even mean anything anymore. If nothing happens between now and the end of the year from Nintendo, you can rightfully say that, and I will give you 5 dollars.
I no longer owe 5 dollars. wewt

Tupin

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 08:41:16 PM
Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 04:21:23 PM
Quote from: Leggy on July 16, 2008, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 04:13:18 PM
Go do some research. We know if a game is hardcore or not becauce INFORMATION and VIDEOS and SCREENS are released. Each game I listed is hardcore, and that cannot be argued, except maybe Star Wars. Will they be good games? Who knows. We can hope.

And would CoD be a hardcore game on 360 but not Wii? It's the same f***ing game -_-

Also, Tales games are hardcore RPG games. I'd love to see your grandma beat Tales of Symphonia.

From those same videos and screens I can say I don't like the game or fail. We all have different opinions.

CoD can be a hardcore game on the 360 and not the Wii because the Wii version is always the failing one, just like when CoD3 was released on all of them. I didn't see them going and doing that again with CoD4? Except for the DS, which also failed. Tyvm. The same intercourse ing game is not always the same for each console.  ^_^

Tales games are HARDCORE RPG omg, I'm so siked now.  
Nayr, where did you get that idea from? One conference? How are you gonna base a statement like that from one conference, which doesn't even mean anything anymore. If nothing happens between now and the end of the year from Nintendo, you can rightfully say that, and I will give you 5 dollars.
I no longer owe 5 dollars. wewt
Yeah, that happened quick.  :P

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.