News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Nintendo Conference Summary.

Started by Tupin, July 15, 2008, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: Chloroform? on July 15, 2008, 11:10:36 AM
I really wanted Pikmin 3, so I was pretty disappointed. Wii Sports 2 looks ok, Wii Music looks ok, and Animal Crossing looks ok. The rest look pretty boring.
I agree. The only thing that really interested me was Animal Crossing City Folk and Wii Sports Resort. The rest was either "yawn" or nonexistant because they didn't show any of it, like with GTA DS.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Mystic

Quote from: DBY106698 on July 15, 2008, 10:56:48 AM
That and remember, E3 has taken some big hits over the past few years? Remember when it was unknown if there would even be anothe rE3 and many of the companies were planning their own special thing to replace E3? It's very possible Nintendo just doesn't see E3 as the place to show off everything anymore.

All the companies used to spend thousands of dollars to get big flashy lights, a huge stage, demo centers, everything. BUT that was when E3 was also easier to get into.

There's a difference between showing everything off and having a good conference. They could have this same line-up of announcements and made it more exciting.

DBY106698

Why waste the time, money, and energy to make it more "Exciting" whenthe public is locked out again and can only see it from the internet. They'll only see what the various sites broadcasting it want them to see. Why go over the top for a handful of people in the theater and a couple live internet feeds? Save the money and make better games.

thunderhero4

Quote from: DBY106698 on July 15, 2008, 11:19:36 AM
Why waste the time, money, and energy to make it more "Exciting" whenthe public is locked out again and can only see it from the internet. They'll only see what the various sites broadcasting it want them to see. Why go over the top for a handful of people in the theater and a couple live internet feeds? Save the money and make better games.
Very intellegent post. And that would make nintendo ALOT smarter than all of these people think they are *coughNarymancough*

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 15, 2008, 11:20:52 AM
Very intellegent post. And that would make nintendo ALOT smarter than all of these people think they are *coughNarymancough*
Yeah, but they could show more games and less graphs.

DBY106698

Hey, if you have a reason to show off and show that the number prove you're doing better, why not? Today economy needs that. They need to see that things are doing good and continuing to climb despite how the US is in such a rough shape. Gas Prices, rising costs alla round, companies closing down, and here is Nintendo showing they are going strong.

Mystic

Not being boring doesn't cost money.

Ares300

Wii sports resort with the 1:1 motion adapter will be cool, but other than that, Im slightly dissapointed.

Tupin

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 15, 2008, 11:36:01 AM
How were they boring?

Mystic

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 11:41:02 AM
How were they boring?
Lacked funnyness that they usually have.

thunderhero4

How were they boring?

Speding 20 minutes talking about a card this chick got from her son

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 15, 2008, 11:44:32 AM
How were they boring?

Yeah, and that chick talking about how she broke her wrist really got old.

It wouldn't hurt for them to have a little humor in their conference, the only thing that could even be considered humorous was Reggie wanting to play the Jet Ski in Wii Sports Resort.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 11:47:30 AM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 15, 2008, 11:44:32 AM
How were they boring?

Yeah, and that chick talking about how she broke her wrist really got old.

It wouldn't hurt for them to have a little humor in their conference, the only thing that could even be considered humorous was Reggie wanting to play the Jet Ski in Wii Sports Resort.
Shigeru Miyamoto's Saxaphone moment was kinda funny

guido123

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

thunderhero4

Ouestion for Animal Crossing: Wild World players:

Do you get to enter just anyone's town or is it a freind code affair. If its a freind code affair, then I almost have no intrest in it and I will not be buying it