News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Nintendo Conference Summary.

Started by Tupin, July 15, 2008, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Graphics aren't everything, and MOH: H2 has 32 person online, and was released prior to COD4. Comparatively, MoH: H2 is just as good of a title, especially adding in gameplay factors.

As for your DS thing, you are getting way too picky; you claim to be an RPG fan, yet you don't touch games like TWEWY, AW: DoR, and Lost Magic? Shame on you.

Furthermore, as noted fifty times to you, Ninty is saving things, for good reason.

Oh, and don't diss Clover, they are among the best in the business, and I'll stake money on it one of their Wii titles wins GotY.

Mystic

Quote from: mackormoses on July 15, 2008, 04:00:02 PM
Whoa, you are getting so nitpicky Naryman. Just because COD4 is better than MOH:H2, doesn't mean much. Playing MoH with Kendrick is a blast, darn shotgunner, and it is a great game to get online play with. Things like that.
I love me some shotgun action.  ;D

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on July 15, 2008, 04:08:52 PM
Graphics aren't everything, and MOH: H2 has 32 person online, and was released prior to COD4. Comparatively, MoH: H2 is just as good of a title, especially adding in gameplay factors.

As for your DS thing, you are getting way too picky; you claim to be an RPG fan, yet you don't touch games like TWEWY, AW: DoR, and Lost Magic? Shame on you.

Furthermore, as noted fifty times to you, Ninty is saving things, for good reason.

Oh, and don't diss Clover, they are among the best in the business, and I'll stake money on it one of their Wii titles wins GotY.
I never once claimed to be an RPG fan...where did you get that idea?
I played AW on GBA and couldn't get into it...
Saving for what? What is it they have to wait for?
I love Clover...problem is no one is buying their games!

Problem with MoH is that there is no clans, voice chat, or anything that makes online FPS's fun. It's basically playing really smart AI X_X;;

Tuppy: Ok, I'll look around and see if I can find anything...maybe I'm not looking hard enough...

Macawmoses

Your posts make it clear that you like RPG's, I can dig up posts that support it, if you like As for MoH, there were a LOT of clans playing it. Our very own clan, the Revolutionists, were proudly playing it, along with numerous others. Clans form around every online game.

As for the AW thing, it is hardly supportive. Still other great titles, new and original ones, that you ignore.

Furthermore, Nintendo prefers doing business on their own terms, they control the event, they release better info......simple concept.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on July 15, 2008, 04:16:12 PM
Your posts make it clear that you like RPG's, I can dig up posts that support it, if you like As for MoH, there were a LOT of clans playing it. Our very own clan, the Revolutionists, were proudly playing it, along with numerous others. Clans form around every online game.

As for the AW thing, it is hardly supportive. Still other great titles, new and original ones, that you ignore.

Furthermore, Nintendo prefers doing business on their own terms, they control the event, they release better info......simple concept.

I like RPG's but not enough to get every single one on the system...although I might have to regardless X_X;;
Tell me, which system of communication do you use in MoH...the phone or Xbox Live? Also, do you get new maps and such to keep things interesting? Nope...although they do have Pay and Play now, so that'll probably be fixed.

Problem is they're so self absorbed in their own events. I mean even a simple "we've got some other games from other franchises in the works...but we'll hold it off for a later date" would've sufficed rather than blatantly ignoring it altogether

Macawmoses

I don't communicate with MoH, as it is not part of the game. I set up my match, and that's it.

As for that issue, they play by their own rules. One issue with releasing game info at an event like E3 is the chance that it will be overshadowed by a bigger game. Compare Star Fox Wii to something like Halo 4; even though SFWii may be Ninty's big claim to the core gamer, Halo 4 would overshadow it due to pure buying power. Ninty plays smart.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on July 15, 2008, 04:23:29 PM
I don't communicate with MoH, as it is not part of the game. I set up my match, and that's it.

As for that issue, they play by their own rules. One issue with releasing game info at an event like E3 is the chance that it will be overshadowed by a bigger game. Compare Star Fox Wii to something like Halo 4; even though SFWii may be Ninty's big claim to the core gamer, Halo 4 would overshadow it due to pure buying power. Ninty plays smart.
If they're that shallow then why go to the event at all? If they have something big then they have nothing to worry about.
Wait...if you don't communicate how do you get anything done? You mean you just run around and shoot? X_X;;

Macawmoses

Considering MoH:H2 doesn't have FC's, and you can play with anyone, and random games, yes, yes it does.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on July 15, 2008, 04:33:45 PM
Considering MoH:H2 doesn't have FC's, and you can play with anyone, and random games, yes, yes it does.
I'm still surprised Nintendo let that happen...normally they're like "OMG NO FRIEND CODES YOU MUST DIE!"
I'm trying not to knock it but when you've played CoD4 you can't really go back to anything else besides Halo and Resistance X_X;;

Tupin

How would you feel if Nintendo announced the following things at E3 today?

- MOTHER 3 is announced for a US release.
- A new online system is introduced, one without friend codes.
- A harddrive is shown, along with a headset.
- A new Metroid is shown.
- A new DS Mario.
- Kid Icarus Wii is shown.
- F-Zero Wii is shown.
- Pilotwings Wii is announced.
- A trailer for a true Wii Zelda is shown.
- Everything they REALLY showed today.

I would think it would be a little overkill. They need to spread things out so one thing doesn't eclipse another.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 04:46:25 PM

- A new DS Mario.
- F-Zero Wii is shown.

I would think it would be a little overkill. They need to spread things out so one thing doesn't eclipse another.
How would I feel? I'd be very happy dur.
Spread things out is one thing (a.k.a. "We've got other games, but we're not ready to show them"), but they did "hardcore? Whats that?"

Mystic

I just remember. The official press sheet for AC says that the WiiSpeak thing is sold separately. What the hell?

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 04:48:25 PM

- A new DS Mario.
- F-Zero Wii is shown.

Spread things out is one thing (a.k.a. "We've got other games, but we're not ready to show them"), but they did "hardcore? Whats that?"
A direct quote from Reggie, responding to a question from Morgan Webb about being left out.

"How could you feel left out? You have GTA coming to the DS and Animal Crossing on the Wii."

Once and for all, they are saving things for their media summit.

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 15, 2008, 04:51:56 PM
I just remember. The official press sheet for AC says that the WiiSpeak thing is sold separately. What the hell?
I'll wait for the inevitable wireless Nyko headset, thank you. 

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 04:57:07 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 04:48:25 PM

- A new DS Mario.
- F-Zero Wii is shown.

A direct quote from Reggie, responding to a question from Morgan Webb about being left out.

"How could you feel left out? You have GTA coming to the DS and Animal Crossing on the Wii."

Once and for all, they are saving things for their media summit.

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 15, 2008, 04:51:56 PM
I'll wait for the inevitable wireless Nyko headset, thank you. 

It's not necessarily the problem of waht they said (well, they really didn't offer real gamers much of anything frankly), but the way they wnet about it. Since the Wii was announced they've been uncaring and uninterested in the core gamer...and completely forgetting them altogether in this conference basically was the steak in the heart for me (and I'm sure many others). Again, a simple "we've got some other good franchise stuff too, but we can't show it right now" would've been fine! It would've given us something without actually giving us stuff. But instead they forget the issue altogether.

I'm waiting to see when my wireless headset I'm going to get for my PS3 will work for hte Wii as well.

Tupin

They really didn't even offer any person that plays games much. Most of the conference was just sales figures. At least when Sony brags about sales it's entertaining.