News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

MK Banned? Now featuring: Arguements about competitive play.

Started by Playat, November 06, 2008, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should MK be banned from tournies?

Yes
8 (22.9%)
NO
27 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Dawei

It's 55-45 in MK's favor, not Snake's.

Ridley

Quote from: Red Alert on November 08, 2008, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: Ridley on November 08, 2008, 12:22:48 PM

...I go to the Rob boards... So no, they use Rob.
Overswarm (arguably the best ROB) is the biggest advocate for the banning of metaknight.

Overswarm is the Rob board now? What about Sudai? Or Hugs? Or Toasty? Or Maxxxpower?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

tollhouse2006

As long as the opponent has the ability to move why should meta be restricted.  every character is cheap in their own way depending on the player.  can't accept it fine but it's the truth.  life is tough and so is gaming.  and one more thing, he's not unbeatable.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Dawei

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on November 14, 2008, 05:35:53 PM
As long as the opponent has the ability to move why should meta be restricted.  every character is cheap in their own way depending on the player.  can't accept it fine but it's the truth.  life is tough and so is gaming.  and one more thing, he's not unbeatable.
Depending on the player works for low level people. They can get around something simple, so they bawl about this. But these are the best of the best. If they can't get past something, no one can.
And it's not that he's "unbeatable". It's that it's an uphill battle with every single character in the game, and that vs a m2k level mk, it's borderline impossible to win, since that's when matchups truly come into play.

tibar21

I would agree that meta knight is broken, but only because of the infinite cape and how all his arials have prioty over the other guy's moves. I learned the hard way when I attempted to spike Tollhouse's meta knight offstage with Falco.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Dawei

Quote from: tibar21 on November 14, 2008, 06:43:08 PM
I would agree that meta knight is broken, but only because of the infinite cape and how all his arials have prioty over the other guy's moves. I learned the hard way when I attempted to spike Tollhouse's meta knight offstage with Falco.
Infinite cape is banned, so it doesn't count.

tibar21

Quote from: Dawei on November 14, 2008, 07:24:01 PM
still, the ariels are a bigger deal than the infinite cape anyway. I kinda got mad when Meta Knight got all those quick rapid broken arials and they nerf Jigglypuff's wall of pain. doesn't make sense. But today when I played melee I realized they really improved the problems with characters being broken. In Brawl I'd say the broken characters to top the charts are Meta  Knight, Ike, Snake, Pit, and maybe Fox.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Dawei

Quote from: tibar21 on November 14, 2008, 08:40:52 PM
still, the ariels are a bigger deal than the infinite cape anyway. I kinda got mad when Meta Knight got all those quick rapid broken arials and they nerf Jigglypuff's wall of pain. doesn't make sense. But today when I played melee I realized they really improved the problems with characters being broken. In Brawl I'd say the broken characters to top the charts are Meta  Knight, Ike, Snake, Pit, and maybe Fox.
You added a lot of unneeded characters, so I crossed them out. And Melee is way more balanced than Brawl.

Ridley

Quote from: Dawei on November 14, 2008, 10:06:17 PM
You added a lot of unneeded characters, so I crossed them out. And Melee is way more balanced than Brawl.

Actually Snake can still be considered broken, just not as much as Metaknight.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Dawei

Quote from: Ridley on November 15, 2008, 11:00:29 AM

No, cause he has bad matchups. Meta knight has none.

Ridley

Quote from: Dawei on November 15, 2008, 01:56:09 PM

...It's quite obvious...

Jono2

even though i'm not in the brawl community (and i was only in it for a short amount of time)...

I would say a "no for now".  banning him would decrease research on his metagame, which would decrease the findings of weaknesses.  if he is found to be even more broken (as in he continues to have more than a 60-40 against everyone but snake), in the long term?  yes.  but Melee's metagame jumped all over the place with different discoveries.  I see no reason why Brawl's won't too.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Dawei

Quote from: Ridley on November 15, 2008, 04:57:55 PM
Quote from: Dawei on November 15, 2008, 01:56:09 PM

He can't be considered broken AT ALL because of the fact that he has poor matchups.

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on November 16, 2008, 12:53:26 PM
Quote from: Cogs on November 15, 2008, 01:56:09 PM
Quote from: Cogs on November 14, 2008, 10:06:17 PM
Quote from: Cogs on November 14, 2008, 07:24:01 PM

He can't be considered broken AT ALL because of the fact that he has poor matchups.
So I guess it would be considered that he merely has advantages instead of broken-ness?

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on November 16, 2008, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: Cogs on November 16, 2008, 12:53:26 PM
Quote from: Cogs on November 15, 2008, 01:56:09 PM
Quote from: Cogs on November 14, 2008, 10:06:17 PM
Quote from: Cogs on November 14, 2008, 07:24:01 PM

So I guess it would be considered that he merely has advantages instead of broken-ness?
The point of a balanced roster is that there IS A CHARACTER that can have a good match-up against MK.
There isn't.
Therefore, he is broken.