News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

New SMB Wii

Started by WiiGuy, June 02, 2009, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on June 04, 2009, 03:43:07 PM
Wario was only in NSMB for a mini-game, which all came from SM64. ;)
But to me, the Toads are fine. Besides, why would Wario and Waluigi be helping to beat Bowser? D:
Two Toads is lazy...
Why would they help? Same reason Wario helped in Mario 64 DS. FOR TEH CAKE!

Magnum

Quote from: Nayrman on June 04, 2009, 03:50:06 PM
Two Toads is lazy...
Why would they help? Same reason Wario helped in Mario 64 DS. FOR TEH CAKE!
Yes but then he found out the Cake was a lie. He doesn't want to help anymore.  :P
And it looks pretty fun. I always like it when Toad is playable. I always play as him. Blue and Yellow? Who cares. Better than getting villians to be good guys. AGAIN

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Nayrman

Quote from: MagnumSonic on June 04, 2009, 04:14:39 PM
Yes but then he found out the Cake was a lie. He doesn't want to help anymore.  :P
And it looks pretty fun. I always like it when Toad is playable. I always play as him. Blue and Yellow? Who cares. Better than getting villians to be good guys. AGAIN
One Toad I'd be okay with, but two Toads is just plain lazy and uncreative. At least they could've done Wario for the Yellow Toad.
And technically Wario has only been a villain once, in Mario Land 2.

Magnum

Quote from: Nayrman on June 04, 2009, 04:18:03 PM
One Toad I'd be okay with, but two Toads is just plain lazy and uncreative. At least they could've done Wario for the Yellow Toad.
And in every crappy sports game spin-off. Plus they make his character Greedy. Greedy = Bad in gaming.
But yes 2 Toads is pretty bad. I give my vote to Birdo as the 4th character.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Lohn Jocke

Quote from: Nayrman on June 04, 2009, 11:37:26 AM
Neither have multiplayer you dolt...
(and no, that stupid medal sharing and second player pointer don't count)
I think the point of that was to prove good games don't need multiplayer.
...You dolt. :P

Nayrman

Quote from: Nitro64DD on June 04, 2009, 06:07:06 PM
I think the point of that was to prove good games don't need multiplayer.
...You dolt. :P
I'm not saying they do, I'm saying that since the multiplayer is the MAIN DRAW of the game, no online has no excuse... you dolt.

X-3

Quote from: Nayrman on June 04, 2009, 04:18:03 PM

I have to agree here. A blue Toad is fine with me, as blue is a favorite color of mine. Wario would have been a better choice.

I can sorta see why online wasn't able to get in. Still wish they could have some sort of online, be it a battle mode or some edited stages.

Qsmash

Maybe once you beat the game, you'll get to play as peach.  ::)

bluaki

Um, if one of the two toads is replaced with Peach, you have SMB2 US's character lineup.

Funny, I can see people a couple months ago complaining that 2D Mario is dead on consoles, from NES and SNES days where that was the life of 2D Mario games. Then when such a game is announced, they complain that it should have been on the DS.

I think that the graphical style of this game as well as its music could have been changed much more (I hate most of NSMB's soundtrack x.x), but otherwise it seems satisfying.

Nayrman

Quote from: Bluaki on June 04, 2009, 06:50:42 PM
Um, if one of the two toads is replaced with Peach, you have SMB2 US's character lineup.

Funny, I can see people a couple months ago complaining that 2D Mario is dead on consoles, from NES and SNES days where that was the life of 2D Mario games. Then when such a game is announced, they complain that it should have been on the DS.

I think that the graphical style of this game as well as its music could have been changed much more (I hate most of NSMB's soundtrack x.x), but otherwise it seems satisfying.
I don't mind the 2D, it's just the graphics weren't changed or polished at all. The least they could've done is redo the models for Mario and Luigi so they would at least look a little more high res X_X;;

StarWindWizard7

Jeez...Nayr...you always say/think the same way I do.

To defend Wario and Waluigi in such a game Such as this.

IF they were available to play with Mario and Luigi, wouldn't that make the story line more interesting?!

"Oh! Whats this?! Wario and Walugi working with Mario And Luigi?? How can this be?! What happened to make these rivals team up for some reason?! I must find out why by buying this game and checking it out".
An argument about having Waluigi in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

For 1 example and for 1 reason.

RIVALRY.

Come on! Don't think inside the box Doodleboy, think outside.
Can you imagine the possibilities?

Mario and Wario vs. Luigi and Waluigi (taking turns progressing through the stages that is) I mean, this just adds and mixes things up. Plus its just different from the lame thing over and over again.

AND if this game was online, you have a bigger rivalry, as in who could beat the stage faster under co op mode... Choose the people you want to be, "Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi" (heck, maybe add in a Toad or Peach, Daisy herself).

It baffles me greatly to see them drop the ball on something very obvious to what they can do to push this game further.

It seems like this game lacks so much potential of what it truly could be.

-Another note-
*sighs*

I ...... HATE ....to my Heart, Super Mario Bros. 1.
The game sucks on so many levels (no pun), I hate it, hate it, HATE IT!

Super mario bros. 2 and super mario bros. 3 were FAR and BEYOND superior to that game I hate so much. *shudders*.

Even though I own a D.S. (which is probably oven baked in my glove compartment of my car ) I never played SMB for the Wii, for fear of it being just like SMB 1. I hope this new SMB Wii game plays differently.......and even if it did, it'll be multi player anyway so it won't be all That bad.  I hope not atleast.

-Last note-

As stated by people on this post about the Wii not being able to handle the New SMB Wii Online excuse.

SSBB AND MK Wii are 2 very complex games that...... HAVE ONLINE. Oh and I'm so sure that these 2 games are a lot more conflicting then a 2D SIDE SCROLLER!!!

LIKE, THOUGH SUPA SMASH BRATHAS BRAWL ANDZ MARIO CART WEE HAZ ONLINE AND TEN THOUZAND THINGZ GOEN ON AT ONCE, WE KANT MAKE THE WEE GO ONLINE ON A SIMPLEZ SIDE SCROLLERZ GAME!!

You doubt the Wii's capability?
And EVEN IF IT COULD NOT, don't you think you should of MADE IT TO WHERE IT WOULD BE ABLE TO GO ONLINE JUST AS EASILY AS A PLAYSTATION OR AN X BOX.

*face palms*

I'm not Lucky enough to have people come over and play vid games with me just any time of the day, half the time cause I'm working or I'm just too tired. A great game like this would be perfect (for people like me) to play and have fun with people online. There is no excuse. NO not all games needs to be online, but IT SHOULD be an Option.......what could be wrong with that?
You don't like a game going online, FINE don't play the online feature......but if a game Could and would be a lot more "Funner" (I know thats not even a word) then let it be.

Like Smash...... though it's online is past horrid, it's able to connect people from great distances...... Why can't a simplistic game like this go online?

*shakes head*

I'll continue to look at this game, but I certainly hope it gets better.

Hmm! I wonder how that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game is coming along...........
>_>

Nary, you got my back?

Doodle

SMB, sucking? D:
I have no problem with Wario and Waluigi being playable in NSMB Wii. But it doesn't seem like it would fit in.

And Nay, there were no models in NSMB. It was "fake" 2.5D, everything was made of sprites.
YEAH

Zero

You hate the game because you suck ass at it. Pretty simple, really.

SMB still to this day is a blast to play. I can't think of any other game that's 20 years old and still fun.

Nayrman

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on June 05, 2009, 03:11:10 AM
SMB, sucking? D:
I have no problem with Wario and Waluigi being playable in NSMB Wii. But it doesn't seem like it would fit in.

And Nay, there were no models in NSMB. It was "fake" 2.5D, everything was made of sprites.
NSMB had all 3D Models, in a 2D perspective. The only 2D things were background and parts of stages. All character and enemy models were fully rendered.

X-3

Quote from: Nayrman on June 04, 2009, 06:57:05 PM
I don't mind the 2D, it's just the graphics weren't changed or polished at all. The least they could've done is redo the models for Mario and Luigi so they would at least look a little more high res X_X;;

It looks to me as if the models have been improved from the DS' for the Wii. I don't have the DS game to compare, though.

also, this seems to be World-y than SMB, what with the Yoshis, the Kooplings and the "other" power-ups. (though, that last one is SMB3-y)

I'm not sure what the deal is with the online feature. Won't be happening, it seems.

also2, this post stinks