News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

My 3 day adventure (without you guys ;______;)

Started by The Seventh, August 02, 2009, 04:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Well, I'm back, from a rather interesting visit up to Spencer, Iowa (yes there's a town that shares a name with me, get over it).

On Friday, it was normal.  3 hour+ drive, get to hotel, get your room, visit local relatives, swim (my younger sister is getting the doggy paddle down...).  Next day, we went up near the Minnesota border to Iowa's best known lake, the beautiful lake okoboji.  We went to the amusment park, did everything that we could free, then went on a replica late 1800's/early 1900's steamboat  (only problem is that I could hear a diesel engine when I went on the main deck... so alas, it only looks like it).  It's a replica of the old steam boat, the Queen (the replica is aptly named the Queen 2...).  Seeing as we were on a lake at the highest point in Iowa (a mind boggling 1,200 feet...).  The boat ride was a very nice one, and expensive...  80 dollars for only an hour on it x_x
     Then we got to see the farm my dad grew up on, and he pointed out interesections on the highway, like the one where he got pulled over twice by a state trooper (same one) within 2 ears of each other for driving a motorcycle without a license, one where he was going sideways over 80 feet in a little Mazda he once had, and another where he did a burnout in a Camaro he once owned waiting for traffic (and other instances where he chuckled and said "don't wanna give my son any crazy ideas.

Then it got interesting.  After we got a meal from Arby's, we were on out way back to the hotel when we saw police had it surrounded with them having their guns drawn...  My mom made a post on face book saying we're in small town Iowa, not Detroit.
So we went to my grandfathers.  It turns out he had his Corvette out, waiting to let me drive it ALL DAY.  Well, I was in luck.  So I drove it around town.  Very amazing experience.

Well, that's what happened to me the last few days.  In short, that is
meh

Silverhawk79

I'm jealous of you driving the Corvette.
My car is gone for a week. ;_________;
And welcome back! :D

The Seventh

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on August 02, 2009, 06:56:17 PM
I'm jealous of you driving the Corvette.
My car is gone for a week. ;_________;
And welcome back! :D
Yeah, but our hotel was surrounded becuase some random guy was robbing the place and held a crippled person in a wheelchair hostage :|

Seriously, a person in a wheelchair?  WTF.
meh

Thirteenthorder

Welcome back, I hope I can get to know you more!
When you're not lookin'...

whatwewishfor

whatever

Thirteenthorder

Thirteenthorder

whatwewishfor

whatever