News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Mario Kart - Blue Shell Dodging

Started by Doodle, March 22, 2009, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Can you dodge Blue Shells? Have you ever done it before? Are you good at it?
I'm posting this, because I just dodged one. It feels so good to dodge those things! :D
I timed it perfectly. It looked like I was hit after I used a Mushroom, but then I zoomed away from that thing.

I doubt I'm good at it. It was my first time even having a Mushroom when a Blue Shell was coming at me. I probably just got lucky with the timing, too.
YEAH

JrDude

I have once. I was in 1st and computer was close behind, I saw the warning thingy, braked, and then it hit him, and I won.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Qsmash

I never actually dodged a blue, but this one time a got hit with a turtle shell before getting hit with the blue shell and it canceled out the up lift.

SkyMyl

Yes, incredibly frequently in Mario Kart DS. In Wii, (Almost) every form of boosting is your friend.

darkmario

The first time I did it I thought it was a glitch. The second time is when I realized what I was doing. I'm not that bad at it anymore, so now when i'm in 4-1 place I save my shrooms just in case.

Doodle

Quote from: darkmario on March 24, 2009, 11:21:33 AM
The first time I did it I thought it was a glitch. The second time is when I realized what I was doing. I'm not that bad at it anymore, so now when i'm in 4-1 place I save my shrooms just in case.
The only bad thing about saving them is Lightning or a POW Block will cause you to lose them.
YEAH

darkmario

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on March 24, 2009, 05:48:03 PM
Quote from: darkmario on March 24, 2009, 11:21:33 AM
The only bad thing about saving them is Lightning or a POW Block will cause you to lose them.
Yeah. Thats why I didn't do it often XD

WiiGuy

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on March 22, 2009, 10:03:38 AM
Can you dodge Blue Shells? Have you ever done it before? Are you good at it?
I'm posting this, because I just dodged one. It feels so good to dodge those things! :D
I timed it perfectly. It looked like I was hit after I used a Mushroom, but then I zoomed away from that thing.

I doubt I'm good at it. It was my first time even having a Mushroom when a Blue Shell was coming at me. I probably just got lucky with the timing, too.
i keep trying that, but never able to do it :P
the best i do is, slow down and let the 2nd player get it  :D

Mutilator7

In mkds i could do it on wifi which is pretty difficult because wifi is only 100cc and it's easier to do in 150cc.

Shujinco2

Double Dash I've become KINDA good at it.

DS I'm still working on. I can do it on accedent, but not when I want it.

Is it even possible in 64?

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Doodle

YEAH

JrDude

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on April 07, 2009, 11:51:25 PM
Quote from: JrDude on March 31, 2009, 08:59:34 PM
Quote from: Shujinco2 on March 31, 2009, 12:53:14 PM
Is it even possible in 64?
Rainbow Road.
I never thought of that. I should try it sometime.
I know because I shot a blue shell, it just runs into the wall and dissapears.
[move][/move]
Dude .

StarWindWizard7

On MK 64, you would seem to have a better chance at doing it...but when they Implemented the Explosion Blue Shells....... sheesh...
Can't get away from that really. :P