News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Favorite Pokemon Game

Started by SkyMyl, April 14, 2009, 09:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Wow. This will quite possibly be the most pointless thread in the history of the Pokemon Board, but why not post it anyway?

What generation of Pokemon games is your favorite, which game in that generation is your favorite, and why?
I'd have to say that Pokemon Blue is my favorite, partially due to 'sentimental' purposes, and because it came before all of this over-convoluted EX technical crap. (Diamond's a close second)

And your favorite is?

Triforce_Luigi

I'm gonna go with Crystal. It was the first one I played.

Macawmoses

Yellow. It was my first Pokemon, and it was hardcore on about 100, 000 levels. It really was one of the best "third games".

Doodle

Crystal.
G/S/C is the best generation by far. It needs a remake already. >:(
YEAH

Macawmoses

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on April 14, 2009, 12:34:38 PM
Crystal.
G/S/C is the best generation by far. It needs a remake already. >:(
I agree on the latter, disagree on the first. The first generation is definitely the best one, because that is where we saw many age old things begin.

jnfs2014

Tie between Yellow and Crystal. Yellow because it was the fist video game I've played, and Crystal because it got me into gaming.

Neerb

I really wish I could say Yellow or a 2nd gen game, but I never played those.  Out of the ones I HAVE had (Red, Sapphire, Diamond), I can't even decide... except that 3rd gen was definitely the worst.

Nayrman

Red and Yellow my favorites. Started the entire series, and Yellow is the most original out of all of them (also only non-starter/legendary to be on the box and title screen of the game)
Even though Umbreon is my favorite pokemon, nothing can beat the originals.

jnfs2014

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2009, 03:14:37 PM
Red and Yellow my favorites. Started the entire series, and Yellow is the most original out of all of them (also only non-starter/legendary to be on the box and title screen of the game)
And Pikachu following ftw!

Nayrman

Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on April 14, 2009, 03:16:18 PM
YES! Oh, and isn't it the only game you can get all the normal starters without cheating or trading? XD

jnfs2014

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2009, 03:18:31 PM
Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on April 14, 2009, 03:16:18 PM
YES! Oh, and isn't it the only game you can get all the normal starters without cheating or trading? XD
I think so.......

Fish

Gold is my favorite by far. It's probably because I had just gotten a good understanding of Pokemon games and remember playing this game more than any other in the past. I look back on it and still think it rivals the first generation. They pretty much come in a tie in my opinion. RBY started everything and whatnot, but GSC expanded on the idea in a good way.

Level_9_Chao

Red consumed large parts of my 2nd grade life; heck, it did to everyone I knew. It was awesome for that purpose.

Silver is a close second although I do think it's technically a far better game.

Lol, nobody likes RSE. I honestly spent he most time on those ones, surprisingly...
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

jnfs2014

R/S were meh, but Emerald is cool due to the Battle Frontier.

GreatGonzales106

I liked Gold the most. The fact that you could go to Kanto after you beat the Elite Four was the icing on the cake.

Also, extending the question to spin-offs, Pokémon Snap.