Started by Dog Food, May 02, 2010, 07:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayat

YOUR SO SMART!

Gold sticker  :D

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

RX-78-2

So I got my scores back for my first SAT. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. :( I was even signed up for another only like 2 weeks later and didn't even have a scientific calculator.  D:

I'm planning on taking them a third time now... =(
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Java

I believe the scores for the June 5th SAT/SAT IIs are released on Wednesday.

I took the US History and Math I subject tests.

Did anyone else take either the SAT or the SAT IIs on the date above?

Allegory

I took the sat on that day.

Totla

Regular SAT. I thought it was really easy sans two of the math questions and one vocab question i didn't know any of the words for.
Am I the only one that answers every question?

Allegory

Quote from: Totla on June 21, 2010, 07:46:10 PM
Regular SAT. I thought it was really easy sans two of the math questions and one vocab question i didn't know any of the words for.

I usually do.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Allegory on June 22, 2010, 08:36:47 AM
I usually do.
You guys are lucky. I usually skip too many questions; I'm not a risk-taker. For the most part, I just don't want to show off my occasional stupidity in some questions, even though I know I should be taking the risk at the 50-50 ones. I got a decent score though, I just was hoping for better.

bluaki

I took it in early May this year and got:
720 Math
590 Reading
600 Writing
1910 Total (1310 without writing)

I wouldn't say it's very great, but everyone nearby says it's amazing. I had to take the test in an unairconditioned building D:

What kind of Florida education are you in that actually teaches you most of the vocab that appears on the SAT? My school teaches essentially none of it. I answer every question, although I guessed on many of the vocabulary ones.

Totla

Quote from: bluaki on June 27, 2010, 04:56:55 PM
I took it in early May this year and got:
720 Math
590 Reading
600 Writing
1910 Total (1310 without writing)

I wouldn't say it's very great, but everyone nearby says it's amazing. I had to take the test in an unairconditioned building D:
What kind of Florida education are you in that actually teaches you most of the vocab that appears on the SAT? My school teaches essentially none of it. I answer every question, although I guessed on many of the vocabulary ones.
They don't, I just read on my own a lot.
640 Math
700 Reading
680 Writing
2020 total (1340 without writing)

Mikoyan

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 23, 2010, 08:38:34 PM
You guys are lucky. I usually skip too many questions; I'm not a risk-taker. For the most part, I just don't want to show off my occasional stupidity in some questions, even though I know I should be taking the risk at the 50-50 ones. I got a decent score though, I just was hoping for better.
If you can eliminate even one answer choice, the advised action is to guess. The benefit of getting it right versus the penalty of getting it wrong breaks even if you have a 1/4 chance, and the former becomes even greater if more answers can be deducted. On most questions, there will be 3 herrings and 2 actuals, meaning that it would be a bit odd not to leave any question blank (except vocabulary, in which they will always have at least one no one has heard of).

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mikoyan on June 28, 2010, 06:09:26 PM
If you can eliminate even one answer choice, the advised action is to guess. The benefit of getting it right versus the penalty of getting it wrong breaks even if you have a 1/4 chance, and the former becomes even greater if more answers can be deducted. On most questions, there will be 3 herrings and 2 actuals, meaning that it would be a bit odd not to leave any question blank (except vocabulary, in which they will always have at least one no one has heard of).
I know, but it was mainly the vocabulary ones that I skipped most on--and probably the math ones that I was clueless about. I think it was something like that; I took the test a while ago.

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Lelouch on June 12, 2010, 06:19:13 PM
Sorry, i'll be more specific.

I got an A+.

On what?
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Wedge

CR: 690 (intercourse )
M: 740 (wtf this is my best subject here)
W: 780 (no idea how this happened)
2210 Combined. Retaking in october for 2300 hopefully.

Math 2: 800
Bio E: 800
Math 1: 760

But yeah, as important as SATs are, they're not more important than anything else. It's just 1/6th of the application. SAT scores won't get you into college by themselves,  but that isn't to say that you don't need to do well on them, at least relatively for the college you are applying to. If you're in the middle 50%, you've got a neutral for that 1/6th of your application. If you're above the middle 50%, you've got a slight positive boost, if you're below the middle 50%, you've got a slight negative boost.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Wedge on July 10, 2010, 09:38:14 PM
But yeah, as important as SATs are, they're not more important than anything else.
They are, actually. My parents made me go to a "college night" at my school and the speaker there showed us what was most important to colleges in the application process. The speaker also showed us what rank the items were on a list from one to ten. I still have the list, but I can't get to it right now. However, I'll find it if you want because it tells the spot SAT scores was holding. My point is that "SAT scores" was in at least the top three, so it obviously beat some other things.

Wedge

It usually goes:

Transcript (Classes and difficulty)
Grades (letter/number + rank)
Standardized Tests
Essays
Recs
ECs

but some schools change the order around, a good number weight them equally, some take out Standardized Testing, but SATs will never "make" your application. It can really only break it.